Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocZA

Absa works but need to have home loan and another loan to get level 5. But rewards are good on level 5.
Not too different from ebucks (or most rewards programs) in that respect - you need to use their products to move up the different tiers

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
On the previous entries regarding auto payment. Why would anyone set up an auto payment and then do a manual payment? This does not make sense to me. I have been running an auto payment on my account for years without any issues.
I sometimes prepay well ahead of the due date because i want to make what i owe a round number to more easily gauge my ccard spend for the month. e.g. if my ccard bill for the previous month was 17.6k then i might prepay 2.6k or 7.6k so that i owe 15k or 10k by my payment due date.

Though if the SmartSpend tab was updated with less lag then me doing this would not be necessary.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
On the previous entries regarding auto payment. Why would anyone set up an auto payment and then do a manual payment? This does not make sense to me. I have been running an auto payment on my account for years without any issues.

Scenario (as of today), my minimum payment is R2000 on the due date 1 March

Next week I pay my rates and taxes via easypay, lets say that is R4000.

So I eft R4000 and use my credit card. So the minimum payment wont go off.

But I make all cleared spend R0

The result, no auto payment, but eB points! (As in free eB points for doing nothing)

Hope it now makes more sense

Tjoker

Expert Member
Ja I went through this article, and I think for people in this thread, mostly on level 5 ebucks, it would make sense to compare the max rewards per bank. I'm trying to get info compairing eBucks Lev5 vs ABSA Tier5.

I'm in the process of buying a place, and between FNB and ABSA the interest rate offered is 0.1%, although FNB so full of shait...

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
Ja I went through this article, and I think for people in this thread, mostly on level 5 ebucks, it would make sense to compare the max rewards per bank. I'm trying to get info compairing eBucks Lev5 vs ABSA Tier5.

I'm in the process of buying a place, and between FNB and ABSA the interest rate offered is 0.1%, although FNB so full of shait...
If ABSA offers you the better interest rate then you'll save a lot more going with them.

I'm also looking at buying a house and if FNB doesn't give me the best offer, I will move to probably ABSA.

Steady

For a 2m loan value, the different in repayment amount between a 7 and 7.1% loan is 15506 and 15626 per month. So that is R120. I dont know the ABSA rewards but I guess those that do will tell you that Ebucks level 5 will give you much more additionally than that to what you can get at ABSA.

Sinbad

Honorary Master

Lol you think fnb is full of ****, wait till you experience absa.

ChuckNorris

Dealing with FNB home loans is like trying to renew your ID at home affairs. We eventually ended up with Standard Bank as FNB were absolutely full of ****
Agree, I had an FNB HL already and we bought a new place. Nedbank's offer almost expired before FNB even gave me an offer. And Nedbank was around 2% lower interest rate with a few extra incentives.

halfpad

Not to disagree with the people that did experience issues with FNB home loans, but rather to provide an alternative view: I had zero issues, and the application for all my home loans plus extensions on these home loans completed in a timely fashion without any issues. Plus, I never had to visit a branch for any of these transactions.

rocZA

Not to disagree with the people that did experience issues with FNB home loans, but rather to provide an alternative view: I had zero issues, and the application for all my home loans plus extensions on these home loans completed in a timely fashion without any issues. Plus, I never had to visit a branch for any of these transactions.
Same here - just signed off my 2nd loan with FNB in December without any hassles. Standard bank were the slowest (Absa asked for the offer to purchase document to be redrafted, so I didnt proceed with the application as they were the only ones having an issue with the document)

Cal384

If ABSA offers you the better interest rate then you'll save a lot more going with them.

I'm also looking at buying a house and if FNB doesn't give me the best offer, I will move to probably ABSA.
Keep pushing for a further discount on the rate offered. I kept going back to the different banks and negotiating and finally went back to FNB and they beat all the other offers just to keep my business. They will also give you a further discount if you have a degree etc. Plus, if both you and your partner bank with FNB they will give you a further .25% off the rate after you go with them(They say that they are not obligated to give you this .25%) but in most cases they do.

Filosofer

Same here, recently bought a house and FNB offered the best rate with no hassles. Getting the extra 0.25% less because both me and my wife bank with FNB

Solitude

Executive Member
I also had no hassles with FNB home loans. Was a quick and easy process to move my home loan from Standard Bank to FNB and got much better rate.

Den G

Hi all. Anyone on gold bought KFC online and got the 15% off. EBucks site says it’s a partner for online, but when you read inside it it says when you buy in store and only mentions spending eBucks. Please help?

m3z

Hi all. Anyone on gold bought KFC online and got the 15% off. EBucks site says it’s a partner for online, but when you read inside it it says when you buy in store and only mentions spending eBucks. Please help?
As far as I'm aware, you get 15% back in eB for in-store KFC purchases only.

A tip with the Online orders: select Collection and pay in store or at drive thru - this will make it count. I do this all the time with the promos and specials they run on KFC.co.za

Den G

As far as I'm aware, you get 15% back in eB for in-store KFC purchases only.

A tip with the Online orders: select Collection and pay in store or at drive thru - this will make it count. I do this all the time with the promos and specials they run on KFC.co.za
Thank you

beefymoocow

Expert Member
Is computicket a reward partner. I see the Ebucks logo on computicket but nothing on the Ebucks website

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Is computicket a reward partner. I see the Ebucks logo on computicket but nothing on the Ebucks website

For Premier rules:

eBucks members will now be able to spend their eBucks on Computicket events, experiences and tickets.

Tickets eBucks Rewards have teamed up with Computicket to bring FNB & eBucks members an entertainment platform. You can now use your FNB Premier Fusion Account, Credit Card, Cheque Card, eBucks or a combination of both to pay for tickets and entertainment under the ‘eBucks Tickets’ tab on eBucks.com

Status
Not open for further replies.