Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Steady

The issue with the allocation isnt related to public holidays (my understand), some checkers descriptions changed to include shoprite now (paying via scan to pay)! They are on that as Ingot a call yesterday, showing them that only 40% of my checkers was counted
There is more to it than the descriptions. My uncanged checkers only description from the 21st of march had not been counted or partially counted. From my 3 checkers visits impossible to figure out how they got to the amount they reported.

PhreakBoy

Executive Member
A FNB consultant phoned my wife now trying to give her advice on how to improve her eBucks earn. This has now caused a bunch of conFusion (pun intended). Could one of the experts here please guide us?

My wife and I both have non-Fusion Premier accounts. My son's y-Account is linked to my wife's account. Netflix subscription comes off my account. Wife on level 3, I float between level 4 and 5 depending on whether I buy shares that month.

Questions:

1. Should we consider changing to Fusion accounts? What are the potential drawbacks?

2. My understanding is that if we link the accounts, only one of us will get the 1,000 reward level points, but if we allocate the reward level points to my wife, can I get the Netflix eBucks or will we have to change the Netflix to her account?

3. Can my son's y-Account be linked to us both? Will we both get the 1,000 reward level points?

4. Any drawbacks we should keep in mind from linking my and her account (she'll qualify for the lower monthly fees)

What else should I consider?

ele33

Expert Member
1. Yes, switch, I haven't seen any drawbacks
2. Both accounts receive the fusion points. Not sure as I have the Netflix account and I am the main member.
3. Only I receive the 1000 points but that's if you increase the balance by the required amount.
4. Haven't experienced any drawbacks. Lower fees and lower earn requirement to qualify for eBucks.

I still have my credit card too

PhreakBoy

Executive Member
1. Yes, switch, I haven't seen any drawbacks
2. Both accounts receive the fusion points. Not sure as I have the Netflix account and I am the main member.
3. Only I receive the 1000 points but that's if you increase the balance by the required amount.
4. Haven't experienced any drawbacks. Lower fees and lower earn requirement to qualify for eBucks.

I still have my credit card too

From what I've read the Fusion account has the credit card "built" in. This was part of the reason why I was hesitant. I use my credit card for all expenses and would want that to reduce the balance in my cheque account. If I understand you correct, you have a Fusion account and a separate credit card?

You then use the credit card as usual and it does not impact the available balance on the Cheque (Fusion) account?

You then pay the Fusion account Fee (R209) and a Credit Card fee (R75)?

zerocool2009

Executive Member
There is more to it than the descriptions. My uncanged checkers only description from the 21st of march had not been counted or partially counted. From my 3 checkers visits impossible to figure out how they got to the amount they reported.

Query it! Simple and easy

fruitbat

Expert Member
Weird card no numbers in front!
07c191fc72e0320856f31a9776b410bd.jpg
I got my metal PW card.
and did the typical tap ‘n pay. And at 2 establishments it didn’t work. Ended up inserting it. And at the third venue I used my other Fusion card as I was tired of inserting cards. Then at Spar, I tried again. And hey presto tapping worked!

have you had any issues?

ele33

Expert Member
From what I've read the Fusion account has the credit card "built" in. This was part of the reason why I was hesitant. I use my credit card for all expenses and would want that to reduce the balance in my cheque account. If I understand you correct, you have a Fusion account and a separate credit card?

You then use the credit card as usual and it does not impact the available balance on the Cheque (Fusion) account?

You then pay the Fusion account Fee (R209) and a Credit Card fee (R75)?
I hardly use my Fusion card, only use my Credit card.

I only pay the Fusion bundle price no Credit card fee. Not sure if it's the same for Premier accounts.

Another difference - the Fusion account only gives you 30 days interest free whereas the credit card is 55 days.

DKKR

I got my metal PW card.
and did the typical tap ‘n pay. And at 2 establishments it didn’t work. Ended up inserting it. And at the third venue I used my other Fusion card as I was tired of inserting cards. Then at Spar, I tried again. And hey presto tapping worked!

have you had any issues?
I just tried mine and it didn’t tap. Had to insert it. Did you change your pin? I suspect it has something to do with this sms “FNB :) PIN Change successful! Pls synchronise your NEW PIN with your card at an FNB ATM or Branch or re-enter your NEW PIN 4 times at a point of sale device.”

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I got my metal PW card.

have you had any issues?
Yep you have first use the card in a machine before tapping works :) Never had issues, insert the card the first time and just tapped away afterwards.

fruitbat

Expert Member
I just tried mine and it didn’t tap. Had to insert it. Did you change your pin? I suspect it has something to do with this sms “FNB :) PIN Change successful! Pls synchronise your NEW PIN with your card at an FNB ATM or Branch or re-enter your NEW PIN 4 times at a point of sale device.”
Hey. I did do that. And went to an atm and did a marathon 5x insert, pin to log in. Log out. Figured that was it after the 4th loop got another sms saying I was done and successful. Assumed that was the end of it.
Shouldn’t have a prob for a while now I guess. Card expires in 2026.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Hey. I did do that. And went to an atm and did a marathon 5x insert, pin to log in. Log out. Figured that was it after the 4th loop got another sms saying I was done and successful. Assumed that was the end of it.
Shouldn’t have a prob for a while now I guess. Card expires in 2026.

Remember to call the call centre to activate inline shopping. I recall its a mission to get a new card!

citizensa

Morning Anyone willing to share a Wimpy voucher I’m taking a road trip with family today.
Thanks