Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
My local Checkers refuses tap to pay with my cellphone. I can tap to pay with my bank cards and I can scan to pay, but they refuse tap to pay with my cellphone. Anyone else having this issue?
Just tell them paying with card and tap your phone.checkers give zero training to staff lol

Tinuva

The Magician
Just tell them paying with card and tap your phone.checkers give zero training to staff lol
I wonder about this though...

Checkers durbanville and Checkers willowbridge usually open at 8am most weekdays, but on Wednesdays they usually open 9am with a paper saying training in progress.

So they do do training, but perhaps they have gaps in their training on certain things. I mean, its clear from messages on here and even my own personal experience. I wonder how we can give them feedback that their training suck and there are more things they need to include.

R4m80

I even spoke to the manager. Apparently it is an instruction from head office. Most cashiers don't care, but a few are adamant that I can't use my phone. I find it strange that FNB and Checkers have some sort of partnership in place and FNB want you to tap to pay with the app, but Checkers doesn't want you to tap to pay with the app

marbro

I wonder about this though...

Checkers durbanville and Checkers willowbridge usually open at 8am most weekdays, but on Wednesdays they usually open 9am with a paper saying training in progress.

So they do do training, but perhaps they have gaps in their training on certain things. I mean, its clear from messages on here and even my own personal experience. I wonder how we can give them feedback that their training suck and there are more things they need to include.
They have to offer some training, I mean there are new products being launched, new payment methods etc.

I think there just might not be enough time for it. With shifts and so on, i doubt they can cover everything for everyone in a 1 hour ,once a week training session

lampard3434

Hi all, I've tried to find info online but came up empty handed. I came across this thread...

Will I still earn ebucks on an additional gold credit card in my partner's name?

I see there is a bundle premier option where an additional card is included in the price.

Basically trying to work out if the added cost to premier is worth it or getting the additional card and staying with Gold more cost effective? What am I missing out on not being premier client?

Thanks in advance.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Hi all, I've tried to find info online but came up empty handed. I came across this thread...

Will I still earn ebucks on an additional gold credit card in my partner's name?

I see there is a bundle premier option where an additional card is included in the price.

Basically trying to work out if the added cost to premier is worth it or getting the additional card and staying with Gold more cost effective? What am I missing out on not being premier client?

Thanks in advance.
You will earn ebucks from the additional card because its linked back to the main account.
You will have to check the website for the differences between the 2 and your spend will make a difference as well.

mr_norris

Expert Member
I even spoke to the manager. Apparently it is an instruction from head office. Most cashiers don't care, but a few are adamant that I can't use my phone. I find it strange that FNB and Checkers have some sort of partnership in place and FNB want you to tap to pay with the app, but Checkers doesn't want you to tap to pay with the app
Had the same trouble with a Checkers in Hillcrest. It's very frustrating, as every other shop I go to I don't have to take my wallet. Bless Checkers for the 15% discounts in eBucks, but FML they are morons.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I see booster points is in the current set of rules actually
  • eBucks level 1 will now start at zero points and customers will get new once-off booster points to help them move up reward levels quicker within a month;

hellfire

Honorary Master
Had the same trouble with a Checkers in Hillcrest. It's very frustrating, as every other shop I go to I don't have to take my wallet. Bless Checkers for the 15% discounts in eBucks, but FML they are morons.
It makes no sense. The POS device can't tell whether the NFC is your phone or a card

mr_norris

Expert Member
It makes no sense. The POS device can't tell whether the NFC is your phone or a card
Yeah I agree. it's a big frustration with Checkers. Got the same BS as the other guy down to the tee. When it happened to me yonks ago I bitched on Facebook and they said they would get back to me - they didn't. I give up with them.

Mythical-

When you return an item to the eBucks shop, how long does it typically take before the eBucks are returned to your account?

Status
Not open for further replies.