Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Den_10

Hi guys. So I’m making the move from old Gold and CC to Gold Fusion and the agent says I shouldn’t close my CC as it will lower my eBucks earn. How true is this? She also says you only get an overdraft with Fusion? Does this mean I pay interest immediately? Will I also need to reapply for credit? I’m very lost with all this now... TIA

mr_norris

Expert Member
Hi guys. So I’m making the move from old Gold and CC to Gold Fusion and the agent says I shouldn’t close my CC as it will lower my eBucks earn. How true is this? She also says you only get an overdraft with Fusion? Does this mean I pay interest immediately? Will I also need to reapply for credit? I’m very lost with all this now... TIA
I am on Gold fusion and I don't have a CC. I maintain level 5 just fine unless I trust "Track my rewards" too much. I can't say how a CC will affect your earn, as I don't know your spending habits. What I can say is on Gold you'll be paying extra for your CC, so it kind of makes the move to fusion pointless (unless you need your CC - that's different).

As for the OD, yeah it's pretty much that, but they call it a "credit facility". Not sure how the interest on it works. I have used it in the past to bump up to level 5 when I'm short of points. I have noticed that they charge for interest straight away, but come payday, they reverse those charges. So as long as you don't go outside of that 33 days period or whatever it is, you should be fine. Others have pointed out differences between the fusion and CC interest free periods before, but I don't remember what they were. I am not sure about reapplying for credit - I think they do all that on the back end and just send you a credit agreement to sign. At least that's what happened with me.

DinoPat

I've been on Gold fusion since it came out and I just ordered a CC. Don't need the CC for eBucks as I was hitting level 5 just fine (and I'm sure you will too). I’m getting it because it’s a little cheaper + the way interest works.

Fusion gold is R89 pm + R69 if you use over R200 overdraft = R158 which is what I typically pay.
But if I use credit card instead of the fusion overdraft then it's R89 pm (Fusion) + R51 pm (CC) = R140

With the fusion acc they charge interest then give you a rebate the following month based on when you payed it off. I usually pay it off each month but my rebate is always less than what they charged me.

With the credit card I won't be paying any interest by just doing the same thing but card is arriving soon so will see.

ele33

Expert Member
I've been on Gold fusion since it came out and I just ordered a CC. Don't need the CC for eBucks as I was hitting level 5 just fine (and I'm sure you will too). I’m getting it because it’s a little cheaper + the way interest works.

Fusion gold is R89 pm + R69 if you use over R200 overdraft = R158 which is what I typically pay.
But if I use credit card instead of the fusion overdraft then it's R89 pm (Fusion) + R51 pm (CC) = R140

With the fusion acc they charge interest then give you a rebate the following month based on when you payed it off. I usually pay it off each month but my rebate is always less than what they charged me.

With the credit card I won't be paying any interest by just doing the same thing but card is arriving soon so will see.
But you won't get the 1000 points for using your overdraft?

Hero4663

Hi. I want to know if I have to link my clicks club card with my FNB app to earn ebucks or is that just a way for them to give me personalised deals?

Sayf777

Expert Member
Is anyone else's cheque account showing 2 X cc payments due (both full amounts so duplicate)?

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Anyone struggling on the fnb connect network the last few days, calls are fine, but my data connection either doesn't work, or it's extremely slow.

R4m80

Had the same trouble with a Checkers in Hillcrest. It's very frustrating, as every other shop I go to I don't have to take my wallet. Bless Checkers for the 15% discounts in eBucks, but FML they are morons.
It's Watercrest Mall that is giving me hassle. Maybe it's an Upper Highway thing

Deanoblado

What's the use of the Fusion card, other then people using it to earn ebucks?
I have gold check and credit card, but I hardly use my check card. I just transfer to CC. So I am questioning why do I even have two cards?

Speedster

Honorary Master
What's the use of the Fusion card, other then people using it to earn ebucks?
I have gold check and credit card, but I hardly use my check card. I just transfer to CC. So I am questioning why do I even have two cards?
I've got fusion and CC. Never used the fusion card, but I do use the account as a straight up cheque account

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Its just a product type. Just as the one account was a mega disaster (combining all product rules into 1 product).

I know alot of guys are happy with fusion

modern10

Expert Member
Morning Guys

Any good Samaritans have two spare kauai vouchers to spare.. Thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.