Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

fruitbat

Expert Member
What's the use of the Fusion card, other then people using it to earn ebucks?
I have gold check and credit card, but I hardly use my check card. I just transfer to CC. So I am questioning why do I even have two cards?
I’ve changed behavior to:
I use fusion account for everything.
CC is there for wifey.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
How does one find a Cable Guy figurine/holder thingy on the FNB App? I can't seem find them to take advantage of this free delivery story.

1619877294584.png

edit: I did a typo :)

Last edited:

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Did someone say cable guy.
2c16a0feeec5f9e11beeb9652f667d3a.jpg

Sayf777

Expert Member
I want to take advantage of the 55 day interest free period, so if I change my autopayment (full balane) date to the 20th (instead of when salary is in at the end of the month) and make a purchase today will I have till 20th June to pay that amount? Or will it revert to end of month (when salary is in).

So I managed to change it and the I initiation date for the change is 19th June, so the current payment due at end of this month will be excluding a big purchase during the first few days of the month?

airborne

Honorary Master
I want to take advantage of the 55 day interest free period, so if I change my autopayment (full balane) date to the 20th (instead of when salary is in at the end of the month) and make a purchase today will I have till 20th June to pay that amount? Or will it revert to end of month (when salary is in).

So I managed to change it and the I initiation date for the change is 19th June, so the current payment due at end of this month will be excluding a big purchase during the first few days of the month?
The final day to settle is the 25th and that is obviously the best day settle if you want to maximize the number of interest free days using the banks money.

The amount that you are settling is the previous month's spend from the 1st till the last day of that month.

TedLasso

Expert Member
Stupid question, but if I have a FNB global debit card in GBP, would I be able to pay/transfer money from that to a UK account? If yes , service fees.

Need to pay a friend and sadly credit card is not an option for the original purchase

3WA

Honorary Master
Stupid question, but if I have a FNB global debit card in GBP, would I be able to pay/transfer money from that to a UK account? If yes , service fees.

Need to pay a friend and sadly credit card is not an option for the original purchase

You can, the option is called “Global Payment”. If I recall correctly, it's about R300, of which you earn back 40% in eBucks on level 5.

SueC

You can, the option is called “Global Payment”. If I recall correctly, it's about R300, of which you earn back 40% in eBucks on level 5.

And are the costs fixed? I used my credit card to buy something in dollars and got charged more than 10% $3000 spend cost me $342 through nedbank!

So if my global account is an option in future... are the costs lower?

3WA

Honorary Master
And are the costs fixed? I used my credit card to buy something in dollars and got charged more than 10% $3000 spend cost me $342 through nedbank!

I've only ever been charged R300, although I wonder if I'm getting charged a minimum fee for doing small transfers (birthday and Christmas money). Perhaps a % fee kicks in at higher amounts.

Speedster

Honorary Master
I've only ever been charged R300, although I wonder if I'm getting charged a minimum fee for doing small transfers (birthday and Christmas money). Perhaps a % fee kicks in at higher amounts.
It's definitely a percentage, with min and max values. Can't remember the exact numbers, but it is pretty clearly set out in the pricing guides. Speaking of which, aren't we due for updated pricing guides / eBucks rules?

Sayf777

Expert Member
The final day to settle is the 25th and that is obviously the best day settle if you want to maximize the number of interest free days using the banks money.

The amount that you are settling is the previous month's spend from the 1st till the last day of that month.
Thanks.

Wanted to be safe and cut out a few days from the 55 day period.

Sayf777

Expert Member
It's definitely a percentage, with min and max values. Can't remember the exact numbers, but it is pretty clearly set out in the pricing guides. Speaking of which, aren't we due for updated pricing guides / eBucks rules?
Generally 1st June for new rules and then 1at July for implementation?

We've gotten info ahead of time before so maybe someone in the know will share

potter123

It is percentage-based, but with minimums and maximums:

- Global payments (sending money): Commission: 0.55% (minimum R160, maximum R675) + Swift fee (R115) = R275 min and R790 max.
- Global payments (receiving money): Commission: 0.55% (minimum R 160, maximum R675) + swift fee (R115) = R275 min and R790 max.

So its better value for larger amounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.