Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur AnymoreDonuts

Although not an eBucks query, it does deal with Clicks providing the facility to buy prepaid electricity online. I wanted to test it out and simply bought R50 worth of electricity but noticed something rather peculiar. I only received 21.4 kWh units at a cost of R36.96. VAT was R6.52. R36.96 + R6.52 = R43.48 (not R50.00). There is R6.52 missing. I did report this to Clicks who will investigate this matter and get back to me. Whenever I have bought prepaid electricity, the Rand value of electricity + VAT would always equal the amount I paid - but not in this case. Here's a screenshot of the transaction: View attachment 1067025
I see the difference is the VAT amount? What do you usually pay per unit?

Reactions: air

JaseZA

Although not an eBucks query, it does deal with Clicks providing the facility to buy prepaid electricity online. I wanted to test it out and simply bought R50 worth of electricity but noticed something rather peculiar. I only received 21.4 kWh units at a cost of R36.96. VAT was R6.52. R36.96 + R6.52 = R43.48 (not R50.00). There is R6.52 missing. I did report this to Clicks who will investigate this matter and get back to me. Whenever I have bought prepaid electricity, the Rand value of electricity + VAT would always equal the amount I paid - but not in this case. Here's a screenshot of the transaction: View attachment 1067025
That's weird - I did a prepaid purchase last night and the values added up perfectly.

Token = R260.87
VAT = R39.13

Total = R300

zerocool2009

Executive Member
wheres the newsletter and how to

and any spend limit

and is it 40% back like checkers ?

Think you are confusing yourself here with 15% earn vs 40% off !

The spending limit is per the norm (as per your product type). Example, 20% or R2000 for premier as an example

TheSaint88

That's weird - I did a prepaid purchase last night and the values added up perfectly.

Token = R260.87
VAT = R39.13

Total = R300
I noticed that my difference is an additional R6.52 - which is basically double the VAT charged. Maybe it was just a systems error?! We just have to keep our eyes on these 'small things', because it adds up in the end.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
Think you are confusing yourself here with 15% earn vs 40% off !

The spending limit is per the norm (as per your product type). Example, 20% or R2000 for premier as an example

aaah yes 15% back and 40% off lol

aaah ok so still a spend limit

but be better cos i always go over the checkers cap

now i can limit checkers and spend at clicks as well

nathank

Didn't get my ebucks for the 30% back at clicks promotion :(

Weren't we supposed to get double clicks spend ebucks. Mine isn't doubled.

Glad others have mentioned and noticed this.

From the other comments looks like Ebucks is aware and will fix?

Otherwise I have my screenshots ready to send a support ticket. The poor support team must get inundated with emails every month like this.

Cal384

Do you meet all the criteria ? Also saw this only now.
*Only applies if you and your life partner/spouse are verified as a family and you both have an FNB Fusion Premier Account, FNB Premier Cheque Account, FNB Islamic Premier Account or FNB Premier Single Facility Account AND your life partner/ spouse is on the Spousal pricing option OR you have an active FNBy account linked to your profile (only applicable to children under 18 years of age).
Yes. I meet all the criteria. On level 5 and getting ebucks for Spotify but not for Netflix

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Yes. I meet all the criteria. On level 5 and getting ebucks for Spotify but not for Netflix
Are you on Discovery Vitality?
Reason I ask is because I also didn't get ebucks for netflix and was about to question it, but then remembered that I redeemed a Netflix voucher.

Den_10

Clicks double points earn through. Doesn’t seem to have read my online spend though

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
I really hope that this nav-igate life section is not integrated into new ebucks rules. I see they even have health questionares now similar to vitality.

Fnb is a bank ffs. Not a medical aid, why do they need to know my height and weight.
They need to know how long they can milk you before you get to level 6 (feet under) as @3WA eloquently put it

Status
Not open for further replies.