Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steady

In line with reaching the 1-year milestone, eBucks and Clicks will give customers double eBucks, with up to 30% back in eBucks, in-store and online at Clicks. The campaign will run from 1 April – 5 April 2021.
it may not ever be repeated, not soon definitely.
Hopefully the 30% will become a regular thing.. As in one weekend a month..:)

acp

Potentially good news to help max-out 15% at both Checkers and Clicks...

Are we 100% certain that the online payment will be treated as "Clicks spend" eligible for the 15% at L5?
(and not same as "money market" counter spend @ Checkers?)

I usually buy something very small and check-out with my CoJ bill at normal cashier @ Checkers.
Anyone able to verify? Was this confirmed on their email? I didn't see one.

Will online bill payment @ Clicks qualify for 15% spend?

I.e. log in, pay R 6,000 monthly bill, log out. Get R 900 back in eBucks.

Tinuva

The Magician
Did you get a seperate payment from Ebucks for this?
i.e. April Ebucks with Clicks 15%, and another payment for Clicks extra 15%
Yes to separate payment.

But actually re the online vs in-store.

From 22seven these are my clicks:
Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 10.23.28.png
4 April was in-store
5 April both was online

The normal clicks was for all 3 transactions and is 100% correct.

Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 10.23.39.png

The double up, missed one of the online transactions, the one for R700. I know this because:

(1402+487)*.15 = 283,35
Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 10.23.46.png

Tinuva

The Magician
Anyone able to verify? Was this confirmed on their email? I didn't see one.

Will online bill payment @ Clicks qualify for 15% spend?

I.e. log in, pay R 6,000 monthly bill, log out. Get R 900 back in eBucks.
No. It was not confirmed in their email. They will state you dont earn on utility.

acp

No. It was not confirmed in their email. They will state you dont earn on utility.
Thanks. Makes sense.
But why the excitement about this new capability then if it won't have any impact on eBucks earn? (the 15% version)

acp

So why the big fuss then? Can just as well pay it through checkers at the till with my chips and cooldrink
My thoughts exactly. But with all the hype I initially had the understanding that the online Clicks bill payment will qualify.

ZSK

Yes to separate payment.

But actually re the online vs in-store.

From 22seven these are my clicks:
View attachment 1067605
4 April was in-store
5 April both was online

The normal clicks was for all 3 transactions and is 100% correct.

View attachment 1067607

The double up, missed one of the online transactions, the one for R700. I know this because:

(1402+487)*.15 = 283,35
View attachment 1067609
I didn't receive the additional Clicks. Spent online on the 5th. Anyone else didn't receive their's?

Mythical-

I think people struggle to hit their Clicks cap more than they do to hit their Checkers cap. So this will help those people hit their Clicks caps.
So why the big fuss then? Can just as well pay it through checkers at the till with my chips and cooldrink

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
I think people struggle to hit their Clicks cap more than they do to hit their Checkers cap. So this will help those people hit their Clicks caps.
But if utility bills don't count as mentioned by someone else...wheres the benefit?

Tinuva

The Magician
Tinuva stated that Clicks won't confirm it, but I understand that people have already confirmed it for themselves. Pay the bill through the website.
Correct, I only answer the direct question. I doubt FNB or Clicks will confirm bills qualify for ebucks earn. That said, mostly as it is at Checkers, it does qualify it seems. Checkers require you to NOT use the moneymarket. Clicks...eh currently it works because the description on the transaction is the same as for normal transactions. I think that is what FNB use to see it is clicks spend. So no real integration after all.

acp

I paid my elec bill through the app.

I got ebucks, for using clicks, it was capped at R2k, Now I hit the clicks and checkers caps, scoring R300ish? in ebucks
Can you do it as a standalone purchase or are you required to have other stuff in your cart at checkout?

When paying online it will be quite easy for them to qualify what type of spend it is and disqualify it from eB earnings. I guess we'll have to test to see.

I also just realised that Clicks spend is capped at R3k in any event regardless of what banking tier one uses so not as good a deal as I hoped.

marbro

Can you do it as a standalone purchase or are you required to have other stuff in your cart at checkout?

When paying online it will be quite easy for them to qualify what type of spend it is and disqualify it from eB earnings. I guess we'll have to test to see.

I also just realised that Clicks spend is capped at R3k in any event regardless of what banking tier one uses so not as good a deal as I hoped.
on the app, i went to Bills and prepaid services-Pay bills, then entered my easy pay number.
No added purchases etc..

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
i have walked into checkers few times and didnt even need to buy a can of coke or a chocolate

they do it at the express tills

so to confirm can you earn ebucks paying bills at clicks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.