Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZSK

Did you receive an SMS from the escalation team when it was resolved and you were paid? Seems they really buggered mine up. I initially called on 13 May but apparently that person didn't actually submit the query through. I called again on Friday to follow up and only then was it lodged. Bloody idiots
Yes i received an sms this morning saying they have allocated the Clicks double earn.

Arthur AnymoreDonuts

Did you receive an SMS from the escalation team when it was resolved and you were paid? Seems they really buggered mine up. I initially called on 13 May but apparently that person didn't actually submit the query through. I called again on Friday to follow up and only then was it lodged. Bloody idiots
I didn't receive a sms, just saw it there this morning.

Tinuva

The Magician
They also fixed my incorrect double earn. Added the missing double earn.

cpu.

Executive Member
I just checked my Ebucks history. I received my Clicks double points on 12 May.

shadow_man

Executive Member
Extra CC - does anyone know if this card gets it's own Slow Lounge access?

E.g with my CC I can take myself + 1 guest in to the slow lounge. IF I order an additional card for my partner, can she take an additional guest (over mine)?

Me: 1+1
Her: 1+1

4 admissions to lounge - or does it simply start charging over the first guest, regardless of cards used?

Any ideas?

TedLasso

Expert Member
Extra CC - does anyone know if this card gets it's own Slow Lounge access?

E.g with my CC I can take myself + 1 guest in to the slow lounge. IF I order an additional card for my partner, can she take an additional guest (over mine)?

Me: 1+1
Her: 1+1

4 admissions to lounge - or does it simply start charging over the first guest, regardless of cards used?

Any ideas?
No :)

Tinuva

The Magician
No, you don't know? Or no, it doesn't?
The 2 cards share the same pool of visits from the 1st card.

Where the extra cc DO help, is that when the +1 enter with their own card, they can enter when a guest is not allowed on the main card, eg. peak times.

But yes you both can go in with a guest each, and use 4 visits up in 1 go.

JaseZA

they can enter when a guest is not allowed
Interesting, I wonder if this is new? I tried this late 2019 and only one of us could get in during peak times. Was told it had to be cards on separate accounts. I even called Ebucks while standing there and they confirmed. But I possibly just had a difficult person behind the counter at King Shaka...

Since then I've tried as best as possible to book my flights around off-peak times

Tinuva

The Magician
Interesting, I wonder if this is new? I tried this late 2019 and only one of us could get in during peak times. Was told it had to be cards on separate accounts. I even called Ebucks while standing there and they confirmed. But I possibly just had a difficult person behind the counter at King Shaka...

Since then I've tried as best as possible to book my flights around off-peak times
Did you tell them the cards were on the same account? Me and my wife have always done this No problem. Even in 2019 December.

Tinuva

The Magician
Hmm, it's a while back but I could well have foolishly done so... Will have to try again, thanks!
Well my extra CC has my wife's name on it. I'd be surprised they can check if it shares the same account. We both just walk in, greet friendly and provide card without supplying any details about guests or that the cards are on the same account. So I believe they just assume we each have our own account and we in business.

Dylan_G

Expert Member
Well my extra CC has my wife's name on it. I'd be surprised they can check if it shares the same account. We both just walk in, greet friendly and provide card without supplying any details about guests or that the cards are on the same account. So I believe they just assume we each have our own account and we in business.
So you both get admission into the lounge, but the cost for the guest won't be reversed because it's peak time?

duckgray

i know someone posted it a while back but i cannot find it right now.

on the Clicks app, if i choose to pay my municipality bill on it, would i qualify for the 15% ebucks?

bar1

Expert Member
I can't seem to be able to pay my cell c bill via the clicks app, i keep on getting an error "Invalid receiver", but if i pay it at checkers it works fine.
I can pay city of jhb via the app fine....any ideas?

Tinuva

The Magician
So you both get admission into the lounge, but the cost for the guest won't be reversed because it's peak time?
Yes and no.
We both get admission and both visits are reversed each time from what I remember. It doesn't get counted as a guest, but me entering 2 times.

Dylan_G

Expert Member
No - they just don't allow the guest

Right... But in @Tinuva's case...

He and his wife rock up at the Slow Lounge front desk... present two separate cards... so the front desk person presumes each person has their own account and lets them in. ie, no "guests" are going in.

But in terms of the reversal of the charge on the card which happens at FNB's end (and comes out of your visit allocations)... FNB reverses both? Because they have no way to know?

If so... this would be an interesting one. :sneaky:

EDIT: Game changer... Don't they make you scan your FNB app now? ie, they don't accept the card anymore. I encountered this in late Feb 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.