Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

airborne

Honorary Master
Not the most ethical thing but you can store your will with them then change it to a newer version - newest will wins always
That may be true but in the FNB terms and conditions you have to notify them of the new will/executor or they will be able to claim executor rights or something to that effect. Not something to play around with just for ebucks.
You can negotiate the executor rates with FNB so that's the preferred method of you don't like their default rate.

SueC

This triple eBucks thing is v interesting.
So if one usually gets 15% back in eBucks for Clicks, triple that would be 45%.
In combination with my Discovery Vitality, I'll get 50% back on healthy items.
Now, essentially I'll be getting 95% worth back.
Right?

How do you get 50% back on discovery if you pay with an FNB card? I thought we had to pay with a discovery CC to get 50% . Sigh. I have so much to learn

3WA

Honorary Master
How do you get 50% back on discovery if you pay with an FNB card? I thought we had to pay with a discovery CC to get 50% . Sigh. I have so much to learn

You're right. It's impossible to max eBucks and Vitality Miles together at Clicks.

mr_norris

Expert Member
please assist
I can't really answer all your questions, but I will try. I am on Gold and not 100% familiar with premier, so just keep that in mind.

1. Fusion is just a fancy way of saying "cheque account with an overdraft". Although it's probably something different on the backend. You are only charged for the "overdraft" if you use a certain amount. I suppose the idea here was to have one card instead of two, but for a lot of people this just does not work. The only real benefit is the extra points.
2. The R209 cost is for the Fusion card only. and on the website they mention it only comes with the one card. I have seen people mention bundles and getting the CC at no cost, but I have no idea how this works.
3. For swipes and stuff outside of the usual partners (so swipes outside of Checkers, Clicks, etc), you are limited to earning ebucks on 10k. So if you spend like 2k at checkers, 2k at clicks, and 20k at Pick n Pay, you will get the full rewards for the money spent at Checkers and clicks, and only get earnings for 10k at pnp.
4. I have seen people mention doing it at specific times. But really, it's a gamble. Some say do it after the earnings are updated around the 10th of the month. When I changed from Gold to Gold Fusion, it was a cluster **** of note and I lost ebucks for an entire month. In an ideal world, it would make sense to do it ASAP in the new month so you have time to get enough points to get the earnings you want, but I just don't know if that's possible.

hellfire

Honorary Master
I was so keen to buy the p40 pro at 40% discount, but it seems like it is missing some google services which I kinda got accustomed to.

If I misunderstand the restrictions the US put on Huawei, please let know. I might just get one.
I bought it on Monday not realising just how bad the situation is with respect to the lack of Google Play Services.
The phone itself is amazing. But you need to reconcile that you're basically changing ecosystems, even though you're still on Android. It's almost as big as moving to iOS.

Some things are smaller - certain apps don't work but there are good alternatives. Certain apps work 100%, but you can't transfer your data/history (Whatsapp). Certain apps just don't work at all, and there aren't good (or any) alternatives.

I managed, via hours upon hours of Googling and Youtubing, to install Google Play Services and the Play Store and now it works like a normal Android phone. But I won't be updating my firmware any time soon as it will likely undo all that work.

xinath

I can't really answer all your questions, but I will try. I am on Gold and not 100% familiar with premier, so just keep that in mind.

1. Fusion is just a fancy way of saying "cheque account with an overdraft". Although it's probably something different on the backend. You are only charged for the "overdraft" if you use a certain amount. I suppose the idea here was to have one card instead of two, but for a lot of people this just does not work. The only real benefit is the extra points.
2. The R209 cost is for the Fusion card only. and on the website they mention it only comes with the one card. I have seen people mention bundles and getting the CC at no cost, but I have no idea how this works.
3. For swipes and stuff outside of the usual partners (so swipes outside of Checkers, Clicks, etc), you are limited to earning ebucks on 10k. So if you spend like 2k at checkers, 2k at clicks, and 20k at Pick n Pay, you will get the full rewards for the money spent at Checkers and clicks, and only get earnings for 10k at pnp.
4. I have seen people mention doing it at specific times. But really, it's a gamble. Some say do it after the earnings are updated around the 10th of the month. When I changed from Gold to Gold Fusion, it was a cluster **** of note and I lost ebucks for an entire month. In an ideal world, it would make sense to do it ASAP in the new month so you have time to get enough points to get the earnings you want, but I just don't know if that's possible.
thank you so much!
In regards to Q3 I do not get any earnings on CC spend, can anyone advise why this is so? Is it because we now get the Smart Spend?

Attachments

• CC spend.JPG
    CC spend.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 57

Tman543

I bought it on Monday not realising just how bad the situation is with respect to the lack of Google Play Services.
The phone itself is amazing. But you need to reconcile that you're basically changing ecosystems, even though you're still on Android. It's almost as big as moving to iOS.

Some things are smaller - certain apps don't work but there are good alternatives. Certain apps work 100%, but you can't transfer your data/history (Whatsapp). Certain apps just don't work at all, and there aren't good (or any) alternatives.

I managed, via hours upon hours of Googling and Youtubing, to install Google Play Services and the Play Store and now it works like a normal Android phone. But I won't be updating my firmware any time soon as it will likely undo all that work.
How did you manage to install google play, I tried but wasn't motivated enough to dig deep into it. I have a P smart S where I migrated from p30. It is annoying how some apps just don't work for some reason without google play service

hellfire

Honorary Master

DKKR

How did you manage to install google play, I tried but wasn't motivated enough to dig deep into it. I have a P smart S where I migrated from p30. It is annoying how some apps just don't work for some reason without google play service
Huawei moved to their own Harmony operating system. A lot of apps already developed have only been done so for ios and android. Im sure its just a catch up game. Some app developers use the flutter technology which enables developing once for all operating systems. Those are probably the apps that currently work in Harmony. Give it time and try the hack suggested for now.

halfpad

A while back the S21 was on 40% off for a few hours, but the last one was sold while I had it in my shopping cart :(
I'll keep an eye out for that one again, don't think I'm going to risk bricking a R16k phone, even if I'm only paying R10k for it. Pity, because the hardware on the p40 is actually pretty good. They made some cuts on the S21 for to be more affordable.

Steady

thank you so much!
In regards to Q3 I do not get any earnings on CC spend, can anyone advise why this is so? Is it because we now get the Smart Spend?
Yes, most of the previous standard ebucks earn is now handled by smart spend. You still get 0.25 % on premier for spend at partners (limit 10 000 in store 2500 online) Examples of partners (quite a short list) are takealot and Cape Union mart

halfpad

With the product details stating:

• Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 512GB 8GB RAM

I'm quite interested to know which one you get when your order the phone?

BuckRogers

Check your earn rules as it has limitations :
  • Where you earn eBucks on Qualifying Clicks Purchases, you will then not earn additional rewards for general shopping purchases on those qualifying Clicks Purchases.

But I'm not going to snub 45% off from Clicks for something I need to buy.
Is the 45% deal restricted to the same cap as usual ?

billy786

Is the 45% deal restricted to the same cap as usual ?
Yes - 45% is based on 3 x your normal ebucks earn (15%) at clicks. Obviously, provided you are on level 5, use your virtual card for the transaction, normal cap and meet the spend limits appear to apply.

BuckRogers

Yes - 45% is based on 3 x your normal ebucks earn (15%) at clicks. Obviously, provided you are on level 5, use your virtual card for the transaction, normal cap and meet the spend limits appear to apply.
I've exceeded my clicks cap by far this month. I hope the portion spent during this 45% period will count and the portion spent earlier in the month will be disregarded for the ebucks calculation.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Anybody know someone to contact to get another banker. Have complained to his Manager still nobody calls me back.

xinath

Yes, most of the previous standard ebucks earn is now handled by smart spend. You still get 0.25 % on premier for spend at partners (limit 10 000 in store 2500 online) Examples of partners (quite a short list) are takealot and Cape Union mart
Thank you kindly.
Any tips on how one can increase their CC spend.... example can we set up debit orders off the CC?

Status
Not open for further replies.