Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

F1 Fan

Expert Member
A bit confused, are you saying you don't have to use FNB pay on the app? You could just use snapscan or masterpass and you'll still be allocated the points?

Sayf777

Expert Member
A bit confused, are you saying you don't have to use FNB pay on the app? You could just use snapscan or masterpass and you'll still be allocated the points?
QR codes are the same for FNB's scan to pay and Zapper/Snapscan

Sinbad

Honorary Master
No, you use pay on the app. It scans snapscan codes.

zerocool2009

Expert Member
No.... FNB is forcing clients to use the app (for certain payments), if you want to get extra eb points.

If you dint need an extra buffer, zapper or snapscan

mbayshark

Expert Member
There is no snapscan as a payment option on takealot. Post screenshots please if you have that payment option on your takealot profile....
I don't think it's available on snakealot anymore.
But you can do it with bidorbuy.
Cheap airtime options etc. available on there as well.
Can pay with snapscan, zapper, scode.....

FAZE MAZE

There is no snapscan as a payment option on takealot. Post screenshots please if you have that payment option on your takealot profile....
If i remember correctly, I recently used the Masterpass payment option on TakeAlot, that generated a QR code on the PC screen.

Then I could use the FNB Scan to pay from the app to scan that QR and pay. Worked without issues.

Speedster

Honorary Master
If i remember correctly, I recently used the Masterpass payment option on TakeAlot, that generated a QR code on the PC screen.

Then I could use the FNB Scan to pay from the app to scan that QR and pay. Worked without issues.
I just did a test - this works. Select Masterpass as payment method and it generates a QR code

FAZE MAZE

Use desktop site on a phone, or a pc
If you're using 2 different phones, then i suppose you could do it on a phone... however if using 1 phone, and trying to get your camera from the back of the phone to focus on the QR code generated on the screen in front might prove a bit tricky.

So would be best to use the PC to generate the QR code on-screen and scan with your phone.

signates

Executive Member
If you're using 2 different phones, then i suppose you could do it on a phone... however if using 1 phone, and trying to get your camera from the back of the phone to focus on the QR code generated on the screen in front might prove a bit tricky.

So would be best to use the PC to generate the QR code on-screen and scan with your phone.
A bit off topic, but would it be possible for zapper and snapscan to get their apps to read qr codes from the phone? From an app development point of view.

I received an invoice via WhatsApp i need to pay and need to now first print it from my phone, email it to myself or send it to another phone in order for the app to read it using the camera on my phone.

FAZE MAZE

A bit off topic, but would it be possible for zapper and snapscan to get their apps to read qr codes from the phone? From an app development point of view.

I received an invoice via WhatsApp i need to pay and need to now first print it from my phone, email it to myself or send it to another phone in order for the app to read it using the camera on my phone.
Sorry, app development is out of my wheelhouse... but an option in this case would be to open the Web version of WhatsApp on your PC (WhatsApp Web), and use your phone to scan the code off the screen once the invoice is opened there.

signates

Executive Member
Sorry, app development is out of my wheelhouse... but an option in this case would be to open the Web version of WhatsApp on your PC (WhatsApp Web), and use your phone to scan the code off the screen once the invoice is opened there.
Haven't considered WhatsApp web. Good option.

zerocool2009

Expert Member

Ag no seriously! From statement tantrums to now how to scan QR codes via 1 phone.

Seriously handpalm again the forehead

ele33

Expert Member

Use web.whatsapp.com on a PC / laptop? Or as you said email the invoice to your PC / laptop

InternetLuddite

Expert Member

I did that this week using website. Option not available on mobile app as can be expected as those apps can't read screen to get qr code