Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Quick question about auto paying credit card rule. Mine is set for the 25Th, when does it actualy get taken off.? End of business day or randomly on said day.?
Last month it took no cash to balance the credit card on the selected date, so i had to transfer it manualy.

Look at your due date. That is the day FNB CC expect it to show in the Credit Card account. For fnb debit orders (including scheduled payments) , its processed on a weekend or public holiday. So my 2c, if its the 25th July, make sure you have the minimum balance in your cheque account by today at least.

The other rule, if its full payment (make provision for the full scheduled payment)

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Quick question about auto paying credit card rule. Mine is set for the 25Th, when does it actualy get taken off.? End of business day or randomly on said day.?
Last month it took no cash to balance the credit card on the selected date, so i had to transfer it manualy.

The reason for the R0 scheduled payment, you paid more into the CC during the month.

If you incoming payments are bigger than the minimum due amount, nothing will go off

FHTheron

Just got an app notification:
IMG_0025.jpg

I hope this was a horribly worded generic message, did anyone else get this?
My loan is certainly not in arrears and I don't like a message that pressures me by making false claims (i.e. fishing scams).

FHTheron

I hope the follow this up with an explanation or something. Just deleting it from their side doesn't delete the push notifications with previews on everyone's phones.

3WA

Honorary Master
View attachment 880507

My loan is certainly not in arrears and I don't like a message that pressures me by making false claims (i.e. fishing scams).

Yup, also got it (home loan is not in arrears). FNB must be hitting their booze stockpile today.

Pho3nix

The Legend
The reason for the R0 scheduled payment, you paid more into the CC during the month.

If you incoming payments are bigger than the minimum due amount, nothing will go off

What exactly does this mean?
I spend R5k on the card but have transferred in R6k and then spend another R4k.
Tomorrow the debit order should go off, so what happens ?

zerocool2009

Executive Member

Ok, i dont know if you have a scheduled payment for full or partial.

If its partial, and your due amount is R1000, and you topup R1050, no scheduled payment will be taken.

My honest view, you are R5k in credit, no scheduled payments will happen.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
View attachment 880507

Relax, FNB HL started it wrongly!!!!

Its purely, you have till end of the month for the covid help cut off

zerocool2009

Executive Member
View attachment 880507

FNB Homeloan reported it on HL’s side. The gent or lady who wrote it clearly didnt understood the statement. Just add a “?” After the first sentence.

BBSA

Honorary Master
You can view your upcoming payments on the app. Follow the following navigation :
Navi-gate Life >money>available funds >upcoming payments

FHTheron

FNB Homeloan reported it on HL’s side. The gent or lady who wrote it clearly didnt understood the statement. Just add a “?” After the first sentence.

One character, completely different tone. Once I knew some other people got the same message, I did relax. Before that, I really worried that something weird happened to _my_ accounts and that I somehow didn't pay attention to it and that it was a message specific to me.

Pho3nix

The Legend
You can view your upcoming payments on the app. Follow the following navigation :
Navi-gate Life >money>available funds >upcoming payments

Thank you. No upcoming payments :)
Didn’t know about this

Status
Not open for further replies.