Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

citizensa

So used secure chat to ask banker what the process is to link my and my wife separate FNB accounts so we qualify for the spousal linked accounts for Netflix, etc.

She tells me to call ebucks to do it and when I do, they say only FNB can do it. So chat again, and now my banker will call me on Monday to do it .

Is there no way I can possibly do myself? Also I have a premier account and she has a gold account? Will this be possible?
Your banker should be able to do it but if you are the main account holder your spouse will have to upgrade to premier spousal plan and she has to meet all targets for points except monthly deposit target which will be reduced to a minimum

Meister-Man

For those of you struggling with scan to pay. A pnp supervisor walked me and 3 of her colleagues through the steps.
Total > mobile > mobile tender > masterpass.
Then scan the qr code.
This was for pnp, not sure about other vendors' processes.
Hopefully this helps you guys out.

STORMERSFAN

For those of you struggling with scan to pay. A pnp supervisor walked me and 3 of her colleagues through the steps.
Then scan the qr code.
I just used tap to pay for the first time.. Cashier seemed more knowledgeable about it than to do the scan thingy

sammi001

I just used tap to pay for the first time.. Cashier seemed more knowledgeable about it than to do the scan thingy
Also used it for first time this month. Set it to 'unlock phone' to tap (and not 'open app & login' or something like that).
Done it for a few times. Same as tappimg the card.

STORMERSFAN

Also used it for first time this month. Set it to 'unlock phone' to tap (and not 'open app & login' or something like that).
Done it for a few times. Same as tappimg the card.
Yeah actually more of an inconvenience.. The things we do for 500 points lol.. Will be peed off if I have to miss level 5 because of 500 points lol

3WA

Executive Member
I just ask for Zapper or Snapscan - works out well everywhere I've tried it. Done so far at Fournos, Burger King, and a few coffee places.

fruitbat

Expert Member
Then scan the qr code.
Did they have to punch in the amount too? Or is that no longer required?

Meister-Man

Not referring to fnb app.
but to they as in the cashier.
I think they did, at that point I was back standing at the correct point at the till, where the customer should stand and not looking at the cashiers screen. Waited a few seconds for cashier to finish up and I think she was entering the amount.

sammi001

Yeah actually more of an inconvenience.. The things we do for 500 points lol.. Will be peed off if I have to miss level 5 because of 500 points lol
My cc tap-to-pay stopped working a few months ago. Had to insert the card every time, so phone tap-to-pay is actually more convenient for me.

Would likely still use the phone when I get a replacement credit card. Quicker than having to take out the wallet and cc.

fruitbat

Expert Member
I think they did, at that point I was back standing at the correct point at the till, where the customer should stand and not looking at the cashiers screen. Waited a few seconds for cashier to finish up and I think she was entering the amount.
You sir! Thank you!
I was at the till... And she kept going to the pnp mobile app QR code. And no surprise, it didn’t work. While she waited for someone to help, I called up your post on mybb. And success. I’ll be saving it for next time.

Kashman

ok so I have to ask the question.. is ebucks worth it anymore considering the low savings rate climate we are in?

I mean 100k in money maximiser and a 3500 debit order into a fund, I mean unless you have all the other products like home loan, car loan, wills, insurance etc.. Does it even make sense anymore.

Money max ROI dropping to 4,85 and I am sure it would be lower as they gradually drop the rate... Been a really strong supporter of FNB Ebucks and even punted it to all my friends and colleagues but I am just not sure anymore..

100k in an investment account generating 8% per annum and 3500 into a more aggressive fund generating 8-12% annualised over 10years really making me second guess this.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
ok so I have to ask the question.. is ebucks worth it anymore considering the low savings rate climate we are in?

I mean 100k in money maximiser and a 3500 debit order into a fund, I mean unless you have all the other products like home loan, car loan, wills, insurance etc.. Does it even make sense anymore.

Money max ROI dropping to 4,85 and I am sure it would be lower as they gradually drop the rate... Been a really strong supporter of FNB Ebucks and even punted it to all my friends and colleagues but I am just not sure anymore..

100k in an investment account generating 8% per annum and 3500 into a more aggressive fund generating 8-12% annualised over 10years really making me second guess this.
You don't necessarily need to invest with fnb to earn the ebucks.

BBSA

Honorary Master

You do not need Money maximiser to benefit from eBucks.

Meister-Man

There are many guys who attain lvl 5 with no savings. I suggest you relook at the calculator and find some other alternatives.

Reactions: air

3WA

Executive Member
Yeah let me have another looksy... hope I come right with it.. thank you
Drop to Gold if you’re on a higher account. If you can’t make Level 5 on Gold, then yeah, eBucks isn't worth it.

Mogo

Have they always charged an O/D fee on fusion accounts or is this new?