Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

riddler

Private banker advised me to get a petro card for the same reason.

Has anyone actually used the roadside assistance? Any costs involved?
I have, no cost for basic assistance - towing within 50km. But looks like you pay for each petro card on private clients, only included on private wealth pricing?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
What virtual card?
b6cac4078e8ac9b237c9968f8cbc206d.jpg

harties

I have, no cost for basic assistance - towing within 50km. But looks like you pay for each petro card on private clients, only included on private wealth pricing?

I'm on private client with a petro card and i just checked i dont pay a fee for it. Strange considering it says otherwise on the brochure, im quite sure i took it up because it didn't cost anything. Anyway, ive used it for road assistance a few times for battery recharging and towing. There was no additional charges.

riddler

I'm on private client with a petro card and i just checked i dont pay a fee for it. Strange considering it says otherwise on the brochure, im quite sure i took it up because it didn't cost anything. Anyway, ive used it for road assistance a few times for battery recharging and towing. There was no additional charges.
Interesting, could be a change in PC petro card fees with the new rules?

Dylan_G

Expert Member

I'm on PC. No charge for the Petro card. I'm yet to make use of the service.

esmile

Go to Cards in the app
there's a button to add virtual card
It's not available to everyone. In fact, I was busy adding my VCard, then they made some really quick change and I couldn't complete the process. Tried it for a second time and the option is not there anymore :)

Hackson

I've used the road side assistance 3 times during lockdown now. I am on the FNB Gold Fusion option. No charge for 2 jump starts, charged for 10L of petrol. They also try hard to up-sell you a battery. The 3rd time, I needed a scooter jump start, it didn't work and they gave me free tow back to my place, less than 10KM is free I think.

hellfire

Honorary Master
It's not available to everyone. In fact, I was busy adding my VCard, then they made some really quick change and I couldn't complete the process. Tried it for a second time and the option is not there anymore :)
Just created mine... Seems I'm included in the pilot group
e055be2ef62dc00688b5441c6d4a5fed.jpg
31c11eab191953293471c7e962322442.jpg

airborne

Honorary Master

Yep, it works like a charm, first R1400 of any tow is covered and they negotiate a excellent rate for anything above that which you pay in - that means you pay the wholesale rate for the tow not the opportunistic vulture rate if you had to deal direct with the tow operator. I used it for a 80km tow and only had to pay in R1000

travelluminati

So there's really not much difference between PW and PC accounts ito benefits? Besides the slightly higher earn on spend (3% vs 2.5%), additional lounge visits and avis transfers, is there anything else?
Edit: Oh, and I see Petro cards included in PW pricing. Do you have to pay for the linked petro card on PC?

The Checkers allowance is greater on PW.

Status
Not open for further replies.