Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellfire

Honorary Master
Thanks.Must it be at money market counter or at till?
Never, ever Money Market. That doesn't qualify for eBucks. Pay at till, and throw in a couple purchases (a Coke or chewing gum) so it's not only a Money Market transaction.
If you're maxing your Checkers spend with groceries, you can also pay EasyPay bills through WalletDoc (https://www.walletdoc.com/) or even the EasyPay website / app. I personally find the official EasyPay channels to be a ball ache.

Tinuva

The Magician
Never, ever Money Market. That doesn't qualify for eBucks. Pay at till, and throw in a couple purchases (a Coke or chewing gum) so it's not only a Money Market transaction.
If you're maxing your Checkers spend with groceries, you can also pay EasyPay bills through WalletDoc (https://www.walletdoc.com/) or even the EasyPay website / app. I personally find the official EasyPay channels to be a ball ache.
Is walletdoc really needed now? I mean it is nice being online and all, but with smartspend you dont really need to differentiate between online vs card-present anymore. All non-partner spend just goes into smartspend now. So if you happen to be at checkers, maxed out your checkers spend and still want to pay your easypay, you can do it at the moneymarket, at the till, or online and it will result in the same ebucks really would it not?

Edit: Actually, you might get more just paying it at the till still, because once you over the cap, it should go to both smartspend and the card-present ebucks earn.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Is walletdoc really needed now? I mean it is nice being online and all, but with smartspend you dont really need to differentiate between online vs card-present anymore. All non-partner spend just goes into smartspend now. So if you happen to be at checkers, maxed out your checkers spend and still want to pay your easypay, you can do it at the moneymarket, at the till, or online and it will result in the same ebucks really would it not?

Just use SPOT at the money market counter.

The result : The Spot topup will count as spending and you will get an additional 2% back instantly.

So it all boils down to if you have time on hand

Speedster

Honorary Master
Just use SPOT at the money market counter.

The result : The Spot topup will count as spending and you will get an additional 2% back instantly.

So it all boils down to if you have time on hand
2% spot or 15% checkers...

ejacob25

2% Spot. I cant believe how few people actually use SPOT.

Use it when you maxed your checkers limit (and have large payments to be done).
Spot app is very troublesome especially at the till, only works once in a while and it takes a while to get hold of their support team

MattRoy

Has anyone had an error on their Fnb sim with the free ebucks minutes "Sim not provisioned for voice"?
Data works but the when you make a call it says not registered on the network, voice calls was working fine yesterday.

That could indicate that you have no minutes - Saturday was the first.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Spot app is very troublesome especially at the till, only works once in a while and it takes a while to get hold of their support team

I had some issues topping up last month. Chatted to spot, the issue is the 3rd party on their side handing the payments. You cant topup more than R2000 within 24 to 48 hours), then you get a nice error message about "being flagged and security issues", but it boils down to wait 24 hours and retry again. The max you can do a month is R30 000

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I had some issues topping up last month. Chatted to spot, the issue is the 3rd party on their side handing the payments. You cant topup more than R2000 within 24 to 48 hours), then you get a nice error message about "being flagged and security issues", but it boils down to wait 24 hours and retry again. The max you can do a month is R30 000
Yeah these limits are pretty crap. Use spot mainly to reach discovery bank goals

ejacob25

My issue is that the payment does not go thru on checkers system and is declined but spot says the don't know what is the issue

hellfire

Honorary Master
FNB will need to show a little more info on Smart Spend, especially prior month / historical spend & earn.
There will be a lot of spend that gets processed on the last couple days of the month that customers will want to see reflected.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
FNB will need to show a little more info on Smart Spend, especially prior month / historical spend & earn.
There will be a lot of spend that gets processed on the last couple days of the month that customers will want to see reflected.
History tab should show it?

Meister-Man

Expert Member
My spend for 29 July shows in history, smart spend indicated. Still waiting for the actual ebucks

Mylky

I see on Premier they are forcing another R69 fee if you want the Fusion debt 1000 points. If you use more than R200 of your credit facility a R69 fee gets added, but you have to use R1000 for at least 24 hours to get the 1000 points. Does not feel very "rewarding" anymore.

I just came on here to see if that happened to anyone else. Are you sure they aren't charging the R69 fee for having a linked credit card? I haven't seen anything about bundled pricing being cancelled but that could be another explanation (which would be just as ridiculous).

Status
Not open for further replies.