Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

I just came on here to see if that happened to anyone else. Are you sure they aren't charging the R69 fee for having a linked credit card? I haven't seen anything about bundled pricing being cancelled but that could be another explanation (which would be just as ridiculous).

Looks like they're charging R69 for the debt over R200 on fusion accounts. Seems you gotta weigh out and see if you really need the 1000 points.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I don't have a fusion account. Just PC Cheque and CC. They charge the R69 and then refund R39. It is mentioned somewhere in the new rules.

Fnb wants us all to move up to fusion. Less costs on their side. 2 visa’s vs 1 (all in one).

So they give somewhat back if you are high up. (Package)

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Fnb wants us all to move up to fusion. Less costs on their side. 2 visa’s vs 1 (all in one).

Still 2 visa's as I still have my credit card, the credit card is included on PC fusion package.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Still 2 visa's as I still have my credit card, the credit card is included on PC fusion package.

I see it as, you pay more in fees for packages, the higher you are up, you getting a rebate.

I dont have it personally. Just reading the comments, I assume the premier guys are billed R67 or something. I think thats the service fee.

For fusion, dont you guys have a bundled option, or is the R67 billed extra ?

Just trying to figure out what is queried.

I assume just, the rules change every year, "maak vrede" of "maak veranderinge aan jou kant"

DinoPat

I have a gold fusion account (never had a cc with FNB).

When I first got it fee was about R150 or R155.

Last year it was reduced to R109.

Now they reduced the account fee to R89 but introduced credit facility fee of R69 so now I’m paying R158 pm. I’m paying more now for the same than when I started (no rebate that I’m aware of on gold). Not cool!

Will have to keep assessing whether fees + eBucks are worth it instead of just going to a low fee bank like Capitec or Tyme. Interested to see what Bank Zero will bring to the table as well.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I have a gold fusion account (never had a cc with FNB).

When I first got it fee was about R150 or R155.

Last year it was reduced to R109.

Now they reduced the account fee to R89 but introduced credit facility fee of R69 so now I’m paying R158 pm. I’m paying more now for the same than when I started (no rebate that I’m aware of on gold). Not cool!

Will have to keep assessing whether fees + eBucks are worth it instead of just going to a low fee bank like Capitec or Tyme. Interested to see what Bank Zero will bring to the table as well.

Paying for banking fees is like investing. If you want full banking, use it wisely, but it comes at "some" price. If you want to pay R5 a month for banking, go to Capitec please.

Not saying Capitec is bad, every bank has their pro's and con's without a doubt. Some might be cheaper than others, with ZERO rewards

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Paying for banking fees is like investing. If you want full banking, use it wisely, but it comes at "some" price. If you want to pay R5 a month for banking, go to Capitec please.

Not saying Capitec is bad, every bank has their pro's and con's without a doubt. Some might be cheaper than others, with ZERO rewards
Thought I was on the easy equities thread for a minute.

DinoPat

Not sure I quite agree with the banking fees are like investing fees analogy.

But in any case, point I was trying to make is that if your fees are rising and you’re not getting the same value out (including with rewards the what’s needed to get them) then it doesn’t hurt to shop around and see what else is available and see it it’s right for you.

hellfire

Honorary Master

Rubbish.
These are 2 seperate business units.
Fusion is an offering by Consumer Core Banking (transactional accounts). Completely seperate from Credit Card.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Not sure I quite agree with the banking fees are like investing fees analogy.

But in any case, point I was trying to make is that if your fees are rising and you’re not getting the same value out (including with rewards the what’s needed to get them) then it doesn’t hurt to shop around and see what else is available and see it it’s right for you.

I have been saying it for years (as in decades), if you pay 1c for banking (after rewards), you are doing things WAY wrong at FNB.

Example, guys on premier is paying R219 a month. Lets say you have 25 debit orders (and not on the bundled option) ... how s t u p i d are you then really?

Anyway, everyone to their own I suppose

DinoPat

I have been saying it for years (as in decades), if you pay 1c for banking (after rewards), you are doing things WAY wrong at FNB.

Example, guys on premier is paying R219 a month. Lets say you have 25 debit orders (and not on the bundled option) ... how s t u p i d are you then really?

Anyway, everyone to their own I suppose

Totally agree with you. Once you paying more in fees than you get back in rewards, reassess your options.

Was just trying to point out with my original post that on the gold fusion account the fees are rising when the marketing is touting that they’re going down. Cements the argument that the fusion accounts aren’t really a benefit or anything special because you’re still getting charged twice just like a Cheque account with a overdraft facility. If they’re supposed to be a new type of account then they should’ve stuck to one, all inclusive price. And not charge you if you decide to use the available credit facility. You don’t get charged on your credit card if you go over R200 in credit. Shouldn’t get charged with Fusion either. Clearly they’re trying to catch the people who transfer salary to a savings account, use the credit, then pay it off at end of the month.

Better off with a Cheque and credit card. No benefit to fusion.

Thank you for coming to my rant

Last edited:

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Totally agree with you. Once you paying more in fees than rewards, reassess your options.

Look on the other hand, clients who would rather invest R1 000 000 not to pay banking fees!

My lips are zipped! “Laughing”

Status
Not open for further replies.