Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayM

Expert Member
Hmm...bit annoyed. Did a lot of spend on my cc on 30/31 July, and it's not showing as an outstanding authorization, but looks like it was too late in the month as it's not showing as smart spend for last month or this month. Hope I didn't just lose out on 10500 eB.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Hmm...bit annoyed. Did a lot of spend on my cc on 30/31 July, and it's not showing as an outstanding authorization, but looks like it was too late in the month as it's not showing as smart spend for last month or this month. Hope I didn't just lose out on 10500 eB.

The smart spend works on transactions that cleared on fnb’s side (not pending)

Speedster

Honorary Master
Smart spend for my last payments in July is in my account this morning.

smiley-zn

If anyone has a Kauai voucher to spare please PM me as I will be passing Kuaui later this morning

Swing

I think so. I have the same.

If I check in the app, Current month has last updated August 04 and Previous month has last updated July 30.

So looks like all spend from late on the 30th and the 31st is 'lost'.
Unless you want to call ebucks and fight for it I suppose.

citizensa

Expert Member

If I check in the app, Current month has last updated August 04 and Previous month has last updated July 30.

Is your current month spend showing? Mine still showing as zero in-spite of many completed transactions so not sure

Swing

Ha, no huffs to be thrown.
Didn't spend much last month so only 500 ebucks I may have missed out on.
If it doesn't come through this month, then I know not to wait until the last day to spend for the allocation.

zerocool2009

Executive Member

Nothing is LOST. That spending will be part of Aug allocation.

A few guys including myself is playing the same song over and over and OVER -> "Plan ahead for the last week in the month that spending clears before the last day" ... tra-la-la

milestogo

Morning All.

Are purchases made at Checkers money market seen as partner spend. I have maxed my limit at the Checkers cashier and just wondering if I can pay some bills at the money market to increase my partner spend.

Thanks

Speedster

Honorary Master
Morning All.

Are purchases made at Checkers money market seen as partner spend. I have maxed my limit at the Checkers cashier and just wondering if I can pay some bills at the money market to increase my partner spend.

Thanks
No

hellfire

Honorary Master
Nothing is LOST. That spending will be part of Aug allocation.

A few guys including myself is playing the same song over and over and OVER -> "Plan ahead for the last week in the month that spending clears before the last day" ... tra-la-la
It may well be lost. My understanding is that any processed spend that was between earn thresholds when the month ends won't count towards the next month's Smart Spend.
For example, if you ended July on R17k spend on 31 July you'll get Smart Spend for reaching the R10k threshold, but the R7k doesn't count towards August Smart Spend

McGuywer

Executive Member
It may well be lost. My understanding is that any processed spend that was between earn thresholds when the month ends won't count towards the next month's Smart Spend.
For example, if you ended July on R17k spend on 31 July you'll get Smart Spend for reaching the R10k threshold, but the R7k doesn't count towards August Smart Spend
This.

hellfire

Honorary Master
Morning All.

Thanks
Money Market doesn't get allocated as Checkers spend, regardless.
But once you've reached the cap on Checkers / Clicks, further swipes will be Smart Spend and not partner spend.

Speedster

Honorary Master
What do you base this on?

Speedster

Honorary Master
Money Market doesn't get allocated as Checkers spend, regardless.
But once you've reached the cap on Checkers / Clicks, further swipes will be Smart Spend and not partner spend.
Money market is excluded from all eBucks calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.