Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedster

Honorary Master
There's no mention of carry over in the earn guides.
There's no mention of transactions after a certain date being excluded either.

Edit: apologies, I misread your post. You are correct. I was referring to spend that hasn't been allocated / processed as yet which won't be lost but will carry over to the next month.

hellfire

Honorary Master
There's no mention of transactions after a certain date being excluded either.

Edit: apologies, I misread your post. You are correct. I was referring to spend that hasn't been allocated / processed as yet which won't be lost but will carry over to the next month.
Agreed - pending transactions that roll into the next month will count for the Smart Spend of the new month

Antelope

I have an extra Wimpy voucher
And I want a kauai voucher

If anyone here wants to swop, or is not using a kauai voucher.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Always stay far away from money market counter, they should just get rid of money market for confusion purposes lol

I am still lost why everyone is dodging the money market counters.

I assume its for utility bills. Just use spot. You will get the points uploading to the credit card and additional 2% back (for free)

Dylan_G

Expert Member
I am still lost why everyone is dodging the money market counters.

I assume its for utility bills. Just use spot. You will get the points uploading to the credit card and additional 2% back (for free)

Are you saying that using Spot to pay at a Money market counter counts toward the Checkers spend ie 15% back?

ie take your utility bills to the Money market counter, get them to scan it, and when it comes to payment use Spot and it will count as 15% back?

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Are you saying that using Spot to pay at a Money market counter counts toward the Checkers spend ie 15% back?

ie take your utility bills to the Money market counter, get them to scan it, and when it comes to payment use Spot and it will count as 15% back?

My ohhh my. Leave the 15% out of the picture totally. Money Market spending isnt related to Checkers caps at all.

The spot perk is 2%. You will get normal CC topup allocation from your CC to the Spot app

When to use the Money Market Counter : ONLY WHEN YOU MAXED YOUR CHECKERS CAP AT THE TILLS

riddler

Hmm...bit annoyed. Did a lot of spend on my cc on 30/31 July, and it's not showing as an outstanding authorization, but looks like it was too late in the month as it's not showing as smart spend for last month or this month. Hope I didn't just lose out on 10500 eB.
I think so. I have the same.

If I check in the app, Current month has last updated August 04 and Previous month has last updated July 30.

So looks like all spend from late on the 30th and the 31st is 'lost'.
Unless you want to call ebucks and fight for it I suppose.
Yup, same here! I think that spend has been lost actually - it cleared on 31 July so won't show up under August spend, and smart spend for July last updated on the 30th so doesn't reflect under July either! Very annoying

hellfire

Honorary Master
My ohhh my. Leave the 15% out of the picture totally. Money Market spending isnt related to Checkers caps at all.

The spot perk is 2%. You will get normal CC topup allocation from your CC to the Spot app

When to use the Money Market Counter : ONLY WHEN YOU MAXED YOUR CHECKERS CAP AT THE TILLS
Then why go to Checkers at all? Surely Spot can be used anywhere that it's convenient?

Antelope

Mine shows updated 30 july

But I received my last allocation of July smart spend ebucks today

doubletrouble

Expert Member
has anyone recently managed to get their new credit card linked to spot? I keep getting an error saying the servers are busy. this has been ongoing for at least 3 months. My previous credit card expired and I am struggling to link the new one. I am able to link to zapper, snapscan mr D but not to spot.

McGuywer

Executive Member
has anyone recently managed to get their new credit card linked to spot? I keep getting an error saying the servers are busy. this has been ongoing for at least 3 months. My previous credit card expired and I am struggling to link the new one. I am able to link to zapper, snapscan mr D but not to spot.
There is an issue with a certain number range from FNB.
I can't link my credit card, but my Fusion card worked.
If I remember correctly, it is the 6011 number range that does not work.

franshorn

So what y'all reckon CC spend will be classified as if buying in the ebucks shop? Non-partner?

Bought a Garmin Venu with my CC, as it was cheaper than any other retailer. Tried using FNB pay and that was a fail, so just did a normal online CC purchase.

Smart spend only?

McGuywer

Executive Member
So what y'all reckon CC spend will be classified as if buying in the ebucks shop? Non-partner?

Bought a Garmin Venu with my CC, as it was cheaper than any other retailer. Tried using FNB pay and that was a fail, so just did a normal online CC purchase.

Smart spend only?
Yip.

Remember, partner and non partner counts towards Smart Spend.

TofuMofu

Honorary Master

Smart spend only?
Nice watch though! I have the Vivoactive 4 (basically the same, just not a fancy screen).

Status
Not open for further replies.