Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tman*

Expert Member
Does anyone know where i can get the fee structure if i use my fnb CC to buy something lets say for example on ebay or amazon in usd or gbp?

I looked on the pricing guide, but cant seem to find it.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Does anyone know where i can get the fee structure if i use my fnb CC to buy something lets say for example on ebay or amazon in usd or gbp?

I think the conversion fee is 2.5%, but amazon also gives you a converted rate in rands.

JayM

Expert Member

Currency conversion fee is 2.75%.

Blu82

Expert Member
My smart spend is still not reflecting correctly this side missing a couple of late month payments.

Dylan_G

Expert Member
Maximizing ebucks rule to live by. Max out /finish up earn by 27th of the month. Applies across the board- fuel, checkers, smart spend. I understand it's not always practical, but if you can stick to it, makes things much simpler.

I agree and always try to do this, but in the case of Smart Spend, it's not making sense.

They are backdating Smart Spend ie, they are waiting until a few days into August and looking back transactions that were at the end of July to do the allocation. This is fine because of clearing times and whatnot. The problem is, they are not doing it consistently and are missing some transactions.

What's worse is, according to the app, the last Smart Spend update for August was done on 05 Aug and that is sitting at R0 for me.

So the transactions that I did on 31 July are not showing up in either July's earn or August's earn and that should not be the case.

Blu82

Expert Member
Maximizing ebucks rule to live by. Max out /finish up earn by 27th of the month. Applies across the board- fuel, checkers, smart spend. I understand it's not always practical, but if you can stick to it, makes things much simpler.
Not possible if one of my largest transactions are done on the last day of the month due to invoice availability. It currently doesn't reflect in either July or August spend even though it has been processed.

Speedster

Honorary Master
I agree and always try to do this, but in the case of Smart Spend, it's not making sense.

They are backdating Smart Spend ie, they are waiting until a few days into August and looking back transactions that were at the end of July to do the allocation. This is fine because of clearing times and whatnot. The problem is, they are not doing it consistently and are missing some transactions.

What's worse is, according to the app, the last Smart Spend update for August was done on 05 Aug and that is sitting at R0 for me.

So the transactions that I did on 31 July are not showing up in either July's earn or August's earn and that should not be the case.
I think you just need to give this some time. I'm guessing everyone's smart spend total for August is still R0.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Not possible if one of my largest transactions are done on the last day of the month due to invoice availability. It currently doesn't reflect in either July or August spend even though it has been processed.
Pay it on the 1st? ;)

Noisybottom

Basically to benefit to the max with caps and smart spend, don't spend any money on FNB cards after 27th. That's also not really practical though! FNB should be able to get this working considering it takes them until the 8th of the next month to do the ebucks allocation. But as others have said, give it time to iron out the creases, but also plan your part to allow for system deficiencies.

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Basically to benefit to the max with caps and smart spend, don't spend any money on FNB cards after 27th. That's also not really practical though! FNB should be able to get this working considering it takes them until the 8th of the next month to do the ebucks allocation. But as others have said, give it time to iron out the creases, but also plan your part to allow for system deficiencies.

Completely your choice, when to spend. But to avoid the headaches and maximize my spend, I try as far as practical to stick to what I mentioned above.

Caldo

Downgrade questions

I know this was asked before, but I can't find it.

1. Can I downgrade on the App?

2. If I already spend on my current card, will that spend be recognized after the downgrade? Or do I start from 0 after the downgrade?

JayM

Expert Member
My smart spend is still not reflecting correctly this side missing a couple of late month payments.

Same. Almost all of it is, but I'm still ~R500 short of the R45K spend threshold, but if I download my bank statement and add up all the debits for July, I'm easily a couple of grand over.

mr_norris

Expert Member
Downgrade questions

I know this was asked before, but I can't find it.

1. Can I downgrade on the App?

2. If I already spend on my current card, will that spend be recognized after the downgrade? Or do I start from 0 after the downgrade?
1. Unlikely. Apparently the best way to do it is by calling them. When I was upgraded to private against my will, my private banker downgraded me.

2. Doubt it. When I changed from Gold to Gold Fusion, I lost everything. The month was a write off.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
2. Doubt it. When I changed from Gold to Gold Fusion, I lost everything. The month was a write off.
Is that on the cheque card only? Or credit as well?
My logic would be that if your credit card stays the same then there shouldnt be an issue.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
1. Unlikely. Apparently the best way to do it is by calling them. When I was upgraded to private against my will, my private banker downgraded me.

You need upgrade or downgrade as soon as the months ebucks are in. Then goes fine. Mine was fine and few other members did it after ebucks come in

Caldo

Thanks... I will delay all spend until after the downgrade has been done...

I did spent abit in the last week, but I will accept the lost if so

Status
Not open for further replies.