Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_norris

Expert Member
Is that on the cheque card only? Or credit as well?
My logic would be that if your credit card stays the same then there shouldnt be an issue.

Things were a real mess for me. I tried to convert to gold fusion from gold cheque + credit card. I stopped spending on my CC and their delay with payments clearing meant I had to wait for them before I could cancel it properly. In the meantime, they took it upon themselves to upgrade me to private fusion, and from then on it was a fight with lots of redirects to get back to gold. I lost out on a lot of ebucks, but once I had my gold fusion card, things were back to normal. So if you can somehow find the right person who knows what they are doing when you do the downgrade, perhaps you will be able to salvage the month - especially if you do what @Gtx Gaming suggested.

Every time they **** up royally, someone at FNB always asks "did you open your initial account online?" followed by an "ah - that explains it". It is a royal pain doing admin with them.

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
I agree and always try to do this, but in the case of Smart Spend, it's not making sense.

They are backdating Smart Spend ie, they are waiting until a few days into August and looking back transactions that were at the end of July to do the allocation. This is fine because of clearing times and whatnot. The problem is, they are not doing it consistently and are missing some transactions.

What's worse is, according to the app, the last Smart Spend update for August was done on 05 Aug and that is sitting at R0 for me.

So the transactions that I did on 31 July are not showing up in either July's earn or August's earn and that should not be the case.
When will the transactions done on 1st Aug to 4th reflect?

Muttley

Expert Member
Is anyone experiencing issues within the "track my rewards" on the app (IOS) whereby points aren't reflecting despite doing what's required?
I.E: done the 6 required transactions on the app but still showing 0 points of 2000

None of my points are updating... I've reached out to RBJacobs on Twitter and they're apparently looking into this but no feedback for a few weeks now

McGuywer

Executive Member
Is anyone experiencing issues within the "track my rewards" on the app (IOS) whereby points aren't reflecting despite doing what's required?
I.E: done the 6 required transactions on the app but still showing 0 points of 2000

None of my points are updating... I've reached out to RBJacobs on Twitter and they're apparently looking into this but no feedback for a few weeks now
Apparently as per message on top of app, this will only be available mid August.

zerocool2009

Executive Member

Did you read the top information on that screen ? It will be updated mid Aug only !

So quickly to log issues hey ! Rather go for an eye test please

LOL !

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member

I hope u tracked your rewards manually for July.. Was a pain but I did it.. Mid August can't come quick enough!

billy786

Seems like the market for ebucks has really dried up with no 40% off discounts on the store - lots of sellers at 10c on carbonite but no doesnt seem to be any buyers....

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Seems like the market for ebucks has really dried up with no 40% off discounts on the store - lots of sellers at 10c on carbonite but no doesnt seem to be any buyers....
Yep I used some mine face value on takealot. I save ebucks from feul and checkers, and spend some of smart spend. With smart spend i know how much I'm going get up front.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Think you need to get some or change your tampon - jeez!
I came here to ask a question, sorry if I missed it... we all can't be perfect like you

The best part, spec savers is a partner also!

Why in heavens name do you want to complain about something if you cant read! Seriously

Ghost29

I would honestly expect the eBucks market to dip below 10c as eBucks purchases in general are slightly inflated vs the norm, i.e. on a global average retailers who take eBucks and the eBucks store itself are generally a bit pricier that competitors.

billy786

I would honestly expect the eBucks market to dip below 10c as eBucks purchases in general are slightly inflated vs the norm, i.e. on a global average retailers who take eBucks and the eBucks store itself are generally a bit pricier that competitors.
I don't think it will drop below 10c as long as the ability to buy vouchers at 1:1 at places like Makro and checkers or just spend ebucks at makro, checkers, takealot, zando , Mr D etc. So the few that may accept less than 10c just wants the cash....

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
I don't think it will drop below 10c as long as the ability to buy vouchers at 1:1 at places like Makro and checkers or just spend ebucks at makro, checkers, takealot, zando , Mr D etc. So the few that may accept less than 10c just wants the cash....
10c is a fair price imo if the seller needs cash

Status
Not open for further replies.