Status
Not open for further replies.

bar1

Expert Member
The 2750 question, only 2 accounts qualify
1. A pure savings with no huge deposit, at a low rate
2. A 32 day notice account, but you need to put R10k when you open it

I went the nr1 option

Related to 8 transfers.... just move R1x8 from your cheque to credit card account via the app!
so money maximizer doesn't count?

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Ebucks calculator has be updated tonight for ebucks tomorrow.

Otherwise ebucks are only coming in on 12th. As Monday is public holiday, so calculator will only update Tuesday evening.

I am putting on updated monday.... available (if eb systems are smooth with new rules). Otherwise again the 15th onwards. Its a yearly month with endless system issues -> new rules

Speedster

Honorary Master
I am putting on updated monday.... available (if eb systems are smooth with new rules). Otherwise again the 15th onwards. Its a yearly month with endless system issues -> new rules
Monday is a holiday, won't be updated then

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Monday public holiday, the ebucks guy does not work on public holidays

zerocool2009

Executive Member
What do you recommend?I thought it's more then 4.5 %

I closed all my savings with FNB account before mid 2019. I had 32 day pure savings. Massive Share Savers account too, including TFSA accounts.

Doing some reading up, I closed it all. FNB now forced me to open up a savings to get on level 5 (so I want to put the bare minimum into FNB (related to savings)).

If you wanna save, you can get 7% via Tyme (no fixed period with no minimums). You can invest that R100K in S&P500 or any US fund, and you will be surprised how it performed the last 4 months after March 2020).

Look, ALL banks invest your money to benefit them. And you get the scraps.

acp

I closed all my savings with FNB account before mid 2019. I had 32 day pure savings. Massive Share Savers account too, including TFSA accounts.

Doing some reading up, I closed it all. FNB now forced me to open up a savings to get on level 5 (so I want to put the bare minimum into FNB (related to savings)).

If you wanna save, you can get 7% via Tyme (no fixed period with no minimums). You can invest that R100K in S&P500 or any US fund, and you will be surprised how it performed the last 4 months after March 2020).

Look, ALL banks invest your money to benefit them. And you get the scraps.

Yup. Did more or less the same... However, even on an indexed product such as MSCI World/US/EU or S&P 500 with medium term blissful adrenaline-pumping returns and growth, the reality is that it cannot be sustained or categorised in the same risk vs return scope as fixed, money-market (semi-)guaranteed returns from savings or simply paying off and reducing debt.

After about 15 years of in and out of savings, property, bonds, FNB share trader, advent of TFSA, then to platforms like Satrix direct, EE, US-based shares, BTC et al and indexes I realised that it all depends on individual circumstances and risk appetite.

For some, closing the bond at around a bit more or less that prime ASAP makes most sense. For others, the complete opposite. Personally, I'm trying to maintain a reasonable balance not to fall victim to any of the extremes like I've done in the past.

All whilst trying to "kraam" out a few eBucks in the process of which which the value pales in comparison to the losses I've had to endure only to learn the cold reality that no-one beats the market or system, continuously, ever...

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Yup. Did more or less the same... However, even on an indexed product such as MSCI World/US/EU or S&P 500 with medium term blissful adrenaline-pumping returns and growth, the reality is that it cannot be sustained or categorised in the same risk vs return scope as fixed, money-market (semi-)guaranteed returns from savings or simply paying off and reducing debt.

After about 15 years of in and out of savings, property, bonds, FNB share trader, advent of TFSA, then to platforms like Satrix direct, EE, US-based shares, BTC et al and indexes I realised that it all depends on individual circumstances and risk appetite.

For some, closing the bond at around a bit more or less that prime ASAP makes most sense. For others, the complete opposite. Personally, I'm trying to maintain a reasonable balance not to fall victim to any of the extremes like I've done in the past.

All whilst trying to "kraam" out a few eBucks in the process of which which the value pales in comparison to the losses I've had to endure only to learn the cold reality that no-one beats the market or system, continuously, ever...

What I learned in my reviewing process "why have something you pay for when you could have it for FREE".

Banks will be banks. But dont do investing via BANKS (try to avoid it if you can).

SueC

I'm still not clear on all of this.. if I use my FNB card at woolworths, for example, do I not earn any ebucks (except for the smart spend?)

SueC

so are there any real benefits to being on private vs premier? is the extra cost worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.