Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Suddenly getting a "Security Alert Validation failed" error on Spot. Any ideas?

If you used SPOT within the last 24 to 48 hours, its a 3rd party restriction rule (on VCS’s side). Its not SPOT’s fault.

The error message is very misleading also.

I queried it, and the answer I got was :

"We did some digging and the reason why you could not perform transactions successfully is that you've reached your daily online limit with VCS. Hence you're receiving the error "Deduct unsuccessful, reason: Security Alert Validation Failed".

This is a bit tricky as these are VCS (Virtual Card Services of SA) limits given to vendors to restrain fraudulent online activity. VCS have their own systems and velocity rules that check payments going in and out of an online account. We as a vendor do not have control over these limits and they cannot be increased or decreased.

When your SPOT limit with VCS is reached, you will be able to perform other transactions that are not related to SPOT with your card successfully but with SPOT, it'll decline.

We know this sucks, but your limits should reset with VCS in 24-48 hours.
"

Last edited:

GrootBaas

Expert Member
Thanks for the advice w.r.t. the Spot error. Turned out it's a validation flag on my account. So went through the process of sending pic of ID and selfie, but this failed for some reason and now the app is completely de-activated. Waiting on Spot's support team to come back with a response on what to do next.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Thanks for the advice w.r.t. the Spot error. Turned out it's a validation flag on my account. So went through the process of sending pic of ID and selfie, but this failed for some reason and now the app is completely de-activated. Waiting on Spot's support team to come back with a response on what to do next.

Had to do the same. My full profile was locked, until I re-done my fica.

Glad you are sorted

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Nice to see the track my rewards now have buttons to every section to instantly “do”

Example -> scan to pay rule -> a shortcut to the pay now section.

Looking at the track my rewards pages.... the new rules look ready to be updated! So thats done on fnb’s side

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
Nice to see the track my rewards now have buttons to every section to instantly “do”

Example -> scan to pay rule -> a shortcut to the pay now section.

Looking at the track my rewards pages.... the new rules look ready to be updated! So thats done on fnb’s side
I don't see anything? :(

bar1

Expert Member
Last few days for kauai voucher!!
If anyone not using please share with me....i am going in about an hour

Pho3nix

The Legend
What exactly do I say at Checkers to withdraw from Spot? Cashiers looked at me like a crazy person earlier

McGuywer

Executive Member
What exactly do I say at Checkers to withdraw from Spot? Cashiers looked at me like a crazy person earlier
I am not sure how you can withdraw cash. I have not tried that.

To pay via Spot, just mention Prepaid/Wicode. It is a menu somewhere. You either scan the QR or enter the code on the terminal.

zerocool2009

Executive Member

I personally never did it before, but let me try

You walk to to cashier, saying you want R500 in cash

And say you want to pay by QR code. You open SPOT and say cashout, type in R500 and say “in-store”). Now from here I am guessing...

I assume a QR code is generated. The pin device, select option 1 (QR code)... enter the 6 or 8 digit code... and thats it.

The result should be: the wallet is R500 debited, and you have R500 in cash

Den G

Hi guys. Two questions.

1)Has anyone recently loaded money onto a Checkers gift card and did that count for 15% off in eBucks? (A bit worried since you can’t do gift card at Clicks, so was wondering if it still applies at Checkers...)

2) Ayone use a Checkers gift card at House and Home recently? Does this workaround still work?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.