Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

newby_investor

Expert Member
Nope, I've got a Premier Fusion and credit card for R209. Credit limit on the Fusion card is R1000, the bare minimum, and I never use that credit line so I never pay the R69 fee.
Did you have a credit card already and then switch to Fusion?

I'm currently just sitting with a Fusion account at the moment and am considering getting an additional CC, and if it won't cost any extra that's a plus.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming

I'm currently just sitting with a Fusion account at the moment and am considering getting an additional CC, and if it won't cost any extra that's a plus.
Cc is free for me on PC, added it recently. But had to pay some credit fee on fusion account, but got some of it back as rebate.

wtg

Possibly a very good tip relative to ebucks and FNB. Do your homework with alternative banks. Nedbank has offered the best rate for a new homeloan, and to move over another bond and a car loan at much lower rates, saving much more than will ever get in ebucks. Fnb, my current bank was the only bank along with absa to not even offer me the requested amount for my new homeloan two weeks back.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Possibly a very good tip relative to ebucks and FNB. Do your homework with alternative banks. Nedbank has offered the best rate for a new homeloan, and to move over another bond and a car loan at much lower rates, saving much more than will ever get in ebucks. Fnb, my current bank was the only bank along with absa to not even offer me the requested amount for my new homeloan two weeks back.
Ive had the opposite experience. FNB have really gone out of their way for my bond I took out in past 2 weeks.
eBucks was never a consideration though but a nice add on.
Nedbank were pretty useless.

wtg

Ive had the opposite experience. FNB have really gone out of their way for my bond I took out in past 2 weeks.
Guess its luck of the draw with who you get to deal with at these banks...I've had good experiences with 2 previous bonds at FNB. None this time round though

3WA

Honorary Master

Yes I had the Premier credit card and cheque card, used to cost R220. I noticed that on Fusion it's only R210, so I changed the cheque card to Fusion. R10 is R10.

civil2000

Guess its luck of the draw with who you get to deal with at these banks...I've had good experiences with 2 previous bonds at FNB. None this time round though

Had the exact same experience unfortunately. Recieved prime minus from standard Bank, Absa and nedbank at full loan amounts...
FNB didn't even bother, even after asking my Private Banker to assist they declined. Was actually looking forward to the +-60000eb.

3WA

Honorary Master

Funny, I used to bank with Standard until FNB lured me over with the best bond deal. I think banks use bonds to lure you over - it often seems like other banks give you a better bond than the one you bank with.

Vuilhaas

Had the exact same experience unfortunately. Recieved prime minus from standard Bank, Absa and nedbank at full loan amounts...
FNB didn't even bother, even after asking my Private Banker to assist they declined. Was actually looking forward to the +-60000eb.
I had the same bad experience with FNB home loans. Every single bank offered us 100% loan EXCEPT for FNB, who is the only bank that I actually bank with. I fought with them for weeks and nobody there could actually explain why the loan wouldn't get approved. They even approved a similar loan about 8 months prior on a deal which fell through due to the seller. I was absolutely furious, since our finances were in BETTER shape than 8 months prior.

franshorn

All banks have certain mandates and budgets per month when it comes to bonds.
So really is luck of the draw when you apply as the one month FNB will decline you and the next month they might give you the best deal.
Luck of the draw really.

Friends of mine's mom is high up at Absa homeloans and at the point they were buying she told them straight out Absa wasnt granting loans at the time. They submitted the application and low and behold Absa declined their application and all the other banks approved

Noisybottom

Yes I had the Premier credit card and cheque card, used to cost R220. I noticed that on Fusion it's only R210, so I changed the cheque card to Fusion. R10 is R10.
Ditto, rather the R10 in my pocket than Thiers also the extra reward level points for having fusion made it a no brainer.

Reactions: 3WA

Zimstyles

They butchered the Track my rewards
Digital Banking -
FNB Pay showing zero payments - I have done 10
Nav Money Credit Status Red - I am on light green when i select my credit status

Family
Will - Yes my will is with FNB and updated two weeks ago

Home
Home is not showing home loans

Invest
Online share trading - did 5 trades at 5k a pop also not showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.