Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedster

Honorary Master
FNB guys can be glad not to bank with Discovery. They make changes all year around.

Its not after the fact. I cant see who it always must be so negative. Did anyone moan related to package pricing ? did anyone moan when the internal transfer came back ? I doubt that.

Anyway, hope eB sort out the complaints quickly.
Of course it is after the fact. The rule was clearly spelt out as deposit, and now that they allocate the points it's changed to grow.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Of course it is after the fact. The rule was clearly spelt out as deposit, and now that they allocate the points it's changed to grow.

Rules change, as I said, if its a negative change its all tantrums. Positive change, no one complains.

Adapt going forward (thats all I am saying)

Matt91

Expert Member
Might be a dumb question but is Youtube premium part of the rewards scheme? Can't seem to see anything saying that it is or isn't.

acp

My calculator reflects I achieved points for Level 5 however it put me on Level 1 only for July and points reflect Level 1 :(
Track my rewards for Aug reflects Level 5 already.

Anyone else have this issue ?
Something similar.
RL5, but Smart Spend is still stuck at Level 3 and paid accordingly :unsure:...

extrusion

Im sure it does, Im subscribed to YT premium and it counted.

The rules are very vague. From the eBucks website,
* Deezer, iTunes, Netflix, Spotify®, YouTube, Showmax, SweepSouth, Audible, Google Play, Mr D Food, Uber, UberEats, Playstation, Xbox, Google and Bolt. For annual subscriptions, you will only receive points for the month in which your card is used on the streaming platform.

Youtube is listed seperately, so that should be for Youtube Premium (maybe Youtube Music Premium). Then "Google" and "Google Play" is listed. What qualifies for "Google Play" ? What qualifies for "Google" ?
I phoned eBucks but even their consultants have no clue.

acp

I for one have an issue with this. I'm all for "saving for the kids", but in a bank account zero or negligible interest is certainly NOT the place to do so and far from ideal or prudent. TFSA catering for all of the risk spectrum is best for that as a start.

The only reason I went trough the trouble to open a FNBy account last month was that the rules stated "deposit R300" and not GROW by R 300... (They already understand saving for the future is not done at a bank or even in RSA for that matter...)

I though it would be a good idea to teach the kids about electronic banking and they can use it to swipe as opposed to carry cash whilst earning 1k points. The very nature of swiping from the FNBy account voids the "growth" motivation.

1597825565270.png

KungfuKenny

did anyone get the points for buying an app from Google play or iTunes?
I think I did, I got rewarded for have 4 streaming services, but I only have 2, the rest were some in-app purchases I made. Not complaining though, this is what pushed me through to level 5...For some reason I did not get points for having a automatic payment set up on my credit card, even though I do and it went off. Does the automatic payment need to be set up for the full outstanding amount? Currently mine is set up for minimum amount only.

McGuywer

Executive Member
I think I did, I got rewarded for have 4 streaming services, but I only have 2, the rest were some in-app purchases I made. Not complaining though, this is what pushed me through to level 5...For some reason I did not get points for having a automatic payment set up on my credit card, even though I do and it went off. Does the automatic payment need to be set up for the full outstanding amount? Currently mine is set up for minimum amount only.
Minimum amount is fine.

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
Got my points for auto card and mine is minimum payment

acp

And for online platforms...

I had the following:
  1. Youtube Premium Family (x1)
  2. Google Play Strava monthly sub (x1)
  3. Google Play once-off app purchase (x1)
  4. Mr D (x2)
  5. Uber Eats (x2)
That's 7 in total and should allow me to qualify for 4, but I've only been awarded 3 i.e. 1500 points.

Even if Mr. D and Uber Eats only count for 1 each, it should still get me to max points, or am I missing something?

zerocool2009

Executive Member
You're not getting it are you? The issue is with being penalised for a retrospective rule change.

I am getting it. Sort it out for July’s behavior.

Going forward, its R300

Its strange... not 1 guy moaned about fuel not being allocated for not a car loaded on NAV

extrusion

And for online platforms...

I had the following:
  1. Youtube Premium Family (x1)
  2. Google Play Strava monthly sub (x1)
  3. Google Play once-off app purchase (x1)
  4. Mr D (x2)
  5. Uber Eats (x2)
That's 7 in total and should allow me to qualify for 4, but I've only been awarded 3 i.e. 1500 points.

Even if Mr. D and Uber Eats only count for 1 each, it should still get me to max points, or am I missing something?

I think it is only once per service (your Uber Eats and Mr D = 500 each for 1000 points). Youtube premium = 500. Not sure what Google Play entails, tried finding out but the eBucks consultants don't know either. I would guess you got the 1500 for MrD, Uber Eats and Yotube, and nothing for Google Play.

Status
Not open for further replies.