Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020
Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Handy Links:

How to earn Ebucks - Ebucks.com
Ebucks Calculator - Ebucks.com

Ebucks Store - Ebucks.com
Ebucks Travel - Ebucks.com

Deals trackers:

(These do miss out on deals sometimes due to bugs. Be sure to double-check the Ebucks store on the website and App.)

Malawihome deals tracker - Credit to Imran P
Geniass deals tracker - Credit to @geniass

Ebucks Contact details:

For queries or complaints - fnb.co.za
Contact number: 0873203200

Ebucks Monthly checklist:

These are easy ways to attain points so that you reach level 5 every month. Use in conjunction with the Ebucks Calculator.

Code:
1. View the "track my rewards" tab on the app. FNB app -> Ebucks -> Earn -> Track my rewards [500 points]

2. Set up at least 3 Smart budget categories and access/view your Smart budget every month [1000 points] (not applicable to Private Wealth clients)

3. Maintain a healthy credit score and access your Smart budget each month (not applicable to Private Wealth clients):

Light amber status: 1000 points
Light green status: 1000 points
Dark green status: 1000 points

4. (if you have kids) Have a transactional FNBy account OR grow your FNBy savings account balance [1000 points]:

Premier: R200
PC: R300
PW: R400

5. App transactions (app payments/transfers) [2000 points]:

Premier: 6 transactions
PC: 8 transactions
PW: 10 transactions

6. FNB Pay app payment (Tap to pay, Scan to Pay or Checkout) [500 points/1000 points with VCC]:

Premier: 2 transactions
PC: 3 transactions
PW: 4 transactions

Quick and easy, can be done for as low as R2.00.

Buy airtime from Takealot (any amount). Select Masterpass as the checkout method and scan the QR code using FNB Pay.

7. Streaming or online platforms:

Make use of/make a payment to any of the following platforms:

Deezer, iTunes, Netflix, Spotify, YouTube, Showmax, SweepSouth, Audible, Google Play, Mr D Food, Uber OR Uber Eats, PlayStation, Xbox, Google, Bolt, Checkers Sixty60

2 streaming or online services using Virtual Card: 1000 points
4 streaming or online services, at least 2 using Virtual Card: 1500 points
4 streaming or online services using Virtual Card: 2000 points

Historical list of easy wins for Streaming and Online platform purchases: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18F51QEhUnM4OAmDjVoccFsBQRpvkqWDIORbvlguzzw8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Spectralwarrior

Great can't wait! I appreciate the eBucks threads a lot especially since FNB tends to obscure little annoying changes in tiny letters with obscure meanings only the wizards here can explain.

cenredash

Expert Member
Not directly ebucks related.
But i had occasion to use the FNB AA roadside emergency assist this morning. AA guy told me that that relationship will end the 31st of May. I've used it maybe 2 times in the last 5years. Was a nice little bonus.

Wonder if anyone else has heard about it/ seen it?

mr_norris

Expert Member
But i had occasion to use the FNB AA roadside emergency assist this morning. AA guy told me that that relationship will end the 31st of May. I've used it maybe 2 times in the last 5years. Was a nice little bonus.
I have never understood peoples reason to get an FNB credit card for the AA benefit. You get roadside assistence with most car insurance places these days. I have had it with 2 or 3 different providers for the last 10 or so years. Never used it though.

cenredash

Expert Member
I have never understood peoples reason to get an FNB credit card for the AA benefit. You get roadside assistence with most car insurance places these days. I have had it with 2 or 3 different providers for the last 10 or so years. Never used it though.

You've lost me .. but ..err... thanks.

sjm

It's vehicle agnostic. Car insurance assistance is directly linked to the vehicle insured, so if I have 3 vehicles and 1 needs 3 cases of roadside assistance (& I have a limit of 2 per vehicle) I still need to pay for the third, whereas the other 2 vehicles have not used any of theirs.

I've also used it after a party at my home when a guest's car would not start. I was able to call and use my roadside assistance to get a flatbed come pick up the vehicle and deliver it to their home. I can't do that with insurance assistance.

Last edited:

mr_norris

Expert Member
It's vehicle agnostic. Car insurance assistance is directly linked to the vehicle insured, so if I have 3 vehicles and 1 needs 3 cases of roadside assistance (& I have a limit of 2 per vehicle) I still need to pay for the third, whereas the other 2 vehicles have not used any of theirs.

Other reason (which I've used the FNB assistance) is to sort out issues at my home (after a party a guest's car would not start, I was able to call and use my roadside assistance to get a flatbed come pick up the vehicle and deliver it to their home). I can't do that with insurance assistance.
Thanks, I understand now :)

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master

I've also used it after a party at my home when a guest's car would not start. I was able to call and use my roadside assistance to get a flatbed come pick up the vehicle and deliver it to their home. I can't do that with insurance assistance.
So it may be handy for some individuals to then take out AA membership when/if the relationship between FNB and AA ends...

Napalm2880

Expert Member
Saw this on my ebucks statement:

EBUCKS HL VALUE PROPOSITION

Anyone know what it means?