Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

Dretastic06

I don't see anything about bonus visits. Looking at the rules on the website, on Premier, there's no mention of the Slow lounge at all, but if you check Private Clients, they have a full write-up on regular and bonus Slow lounge visits.

The age of stuffing our faces with croissants and cheese and then barely being able to waddle to the plane is over.
how am i going to try and fit in 11 jack daniels and 7 johnny walkers in 20 mins now. I saw this online so i think we will only be getting visits if we book via ebucks.

Attachments

• ebucks.JPG
    ebucks.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: 3WA

cozinsky

Expert Member
I changed Netflix and Showmax subscriptions to use the virtual card, but when I try to change Afrihost, I get an error that cards starting with 403812 cannot be used. Anybody else experience this?
Same here. Afrihost don't support virtual cards for some reason. I have no idea why not?

cpu.

Executive Member
What is the advantage of changing your Google or Netflix to the Virtual Card? You'll have to log into the app every time you want to make a purchase to get the CVV.... It surely wont work for debit orders??
You only need a CVV for the first time signup. Thereafter no more, it's automatically going off every month.

The hourly changes are for if your details leak or is stolen.

cozinsky

Expert Member
How to manage 3 FNB Pay transactions (Tap to pay, scan to pay or checkout) on PC if FNB don't support Apple Pay? Surely, this gives Android users an unfair advantage?

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Ok, I get what you are saying about the double points. Can you also add your Virtual Card for debit orders like your ISP, Netflix, etc with the CVV constantly changing?

It looks like a yes, as long as the vendor you are adding the virtual card to does a "test" payment to verify the card. I assume FNB then saves the CVV against that vendor for future payments.

cozinsky

Expert Member
Please assist....
1. Can one set their Vodacom, Insurance etc under a credit card "debit order"?
Would you pay interest for this? Looking at ways of increasing the smart spend.
2. What online subscriptions are there besides Neflix and Spotify, something useful but cheap lol

1. No, you can't pay Vodacom subscription with a credit card because their contract conditions are that you sign up for a debit order. So you are stuck. Same with insurance which runs by debit order.

McGuywer

Executive Member
How to manage 3 FNB Pay transactions (Tap to pay, scan to pay or checkout) on PC if FNB don't support Apple Pay? Surely, this gives Android users an unfair advantage?
I am a iPhone user and I use Scan to Pay three times.
1. No, you can't pay Vodacom subscription with a credit card because their contract conditions are that you sign up for a debit order. So you are stuck. Same with insurance which runs by debit order.
You can pay Vodacom via credit card. Upon signing up, agree to the debit order.
Pay with your credit card before the debit order goes off.
I did it this month (think I payed on the 25th, debit order is for the 1st). Debit order did not go off.
Well, not yet. If it does go off, my account will be in credit.

I paid via the Vodacom App.

animehero

Expert Member
The way I got around this with MTN was going onto the pay in-store option. Now I just use the cc there. I think I had contracts with them for about 5 years before I realized I could do this though :/

animehero

Expert Member
Does Engen usually support scan to pay?
I only know of checkers, so would probably try and get my allocation in there.

mr_norris

Expert Member
I'm sure they do. When I've paid in store, the machine has given an option for scan to pay. I usually tap to pay with my phone when putting in fuel, but I'm sure those machines can do scan to pay as well.

marbro

yeah no.... you can pay it before the debit order goes off, then they dont process anything.
check the vodacom app

McGuywer

Executive Member
They do, I have done that.

Sometimes they say I can't swipe my Clicks card and Scan to Pay, sometimes I can.

ejacob25

The way I got around this with MTN was going onto the pay in-store option. Now I just use the cc there. I think I had contracts with them for about 5 years before I realized I could do this though :/
Both mtn and vodacom allow credit card payments using their apps

acp

Same here. Afrihost don't support virtual cards for some reason. I have no idea why not?

My VCC has been linked to Afrihost for the past 3-4 months and all payments successful since.
CVV verification only once when adding card. Also has some errors so had to repeat the "add new card" a few times to get it done though.

Google, YT Premium, Strava, Uber all working with VCC since I added a few months ago.

Only gripe is that I cannot add VCC as default for tap/scan to pay - have to navigate in app to the card, then select payment option, then pay.
With "real/physical" card linked as default - I simply unlock my phone and tap/scan, as long as NFC is on (for tap). Need this to work the same way for Virtual Card.

acp

Yea I can no longer see my virtual cards either. Hopefully this is a temporary issue as I don't want to have to edit Netflix, Google, etc all over again.

Does anyone know how to set a virtual card as the default for tap to pay/scan to pay?

^ This

Looks like one cannot add VCC as default for tap/scan to pay - have to navigate in app to the card, then select payment option, then pay.
With "real/physical" card linked as default - I simply unlock my phone and tap/scan, as long as NFC is on (for tap). Need this to work the same way for Virtual Card.

animehero

Expert Member
Both mtn and vodacom allow credit card payments using their apps
Having multiple contracts on MTN meant I had to login with each number and go through the rigmarole of doing it that way. I find it easier to go in-store and pay for all of them at once xD. I'll look into it though, I also think I was migrated to their new billing system so the statements have all my numbers listed on my profile now, whereas before they were separated

Edit: apologies for going off topic

shadow_man

Executive Member
So just to confirm.

June = still old runes
July = new rules

IF I wanted to upgrade my account, should I try do that after the 25th of the month so I don't lose a month, and get judged on different rules?

TedLasso

Expert Member
I have Google 1 at R30 and it counts.
Considering I will be buying Google 1 100GB plan for gPhotos, this works out well. Was gonna buy for the whole year but will now buy monthly via Virtual CC.

e4et

Expert Member
Yep same here. I don't see my Virtual Card on the app and I cannot add one. Probably too many people doing something with Virtual Cards...FNB...
I could not even scan to pay. No cards linked. bleh