Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

gjm

View attachment 1114324
Can I change my linked FNBy savings account to a FNBy transactional account?
I assume the first condition (active account) is only for FNBy transactional accounts and the last condition (balance grow by >= R300) for FNBy savings accounts.

richieza

View attachment 1114324
Can I change my linked FNBy savings account to a FNBy transactional account?
I assume the first condition (active account) is only for FNBy transactional accounts and the last condition (balance grow by >= R300) for FNBy savings accounts.
Think they liked now
Had to open a Transactional account to get the savings account (also mentions this in pricing guide 2021-2022)
Yes (FNBy savings needs to grow by 'x' - FNBy transactional needs to be used {transfers/swipes etc})

airborne

Honorary Master
So, if you already have a sub, can you cancel and re-subscribe via vpn immediately? And no need to receive a confirmation sms?
No you need to cancel and once the current subscription runs out then re-subscribe using a VPN, which you can do immediately but only once the old one is finished. Your previous payment method and number will still be on the system so only the VPN will be necessary.
I'm guessing that you won't get the 40% back in eBucks?
Why not, you are still paying for Netflix?

oitar

No you need to cancel and once the current subscription runs out then re-subscribe using a VPN, which you can do immediately but only once the old one is finished. Your previous payment method and number will still be on the system so only the VPN will be necessary.
Will it still ask for sms confirmation in this case?

Looks like TunnelBear can be used too- using Arg location. Somebody mentioned it was the cheapest until recently- hopefully no new increases soon.

franshorn

Looks like I still can't set the tap to pay as a virtual card. Is that normal, or just me.
think of it logically... how do you want to tap something that doesnt exist physically?

only available for digital payments, so online/ scan to pay

wonduhboy

So went to one of the new Checkers for the first time and I noticed that it doesn't say checkers on my card reference.. Will it be picked up as checkers spend?
I'm having a problem that none of my spend at a FreshX checkers is being picked up. Still under query with Ebucks

wonduhboy

How long has it been under query? Pls keep us updated.. Otherwise I'll just go to the normal checkers in future
Since the latest Ebucks monthly run - so maybe 2 weeks now.
In the meantime I just went back to the normal checkers

Supercarfan

think of it logically... how do you want to tap something that doesnt exist physically?

only available for digital payments, so online/ scan to pay
For what its worth, my Discovery virtual card taps just fine using apple pay.

brucem

Would anyone agree that this sounds like it’s possible to earn 500 points even if loan is not with FNB?
6e82616857512379ac19524cc8220a17.jpg

brucem

Soooo close to Lv 5 without having taken out credit card or fusion, and trying to avoid doing so (and also avoiding having to spend much more) any pro tips?

mr_norris

Expert Member
I just don’t want more cards and more credit lines and more whatever comes with it. But I guess I gotta go that way. Can I keep my existing premier details?
Fusion is defs easy points. You will get a replacement card, so more cards shouldn't be an issue. As for credit lines, you aren't forced to use the credit facility - you can ask them to set it to R1000 or whatever floats your boat. While you probably won't find it ideal, I doubt they'd let you get a fusion card with no credit facility.