Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

TedLasso

Expert Member
You are suppose to move your international spend over to the global card. It may not form part of smart spend, but at least you get 4% back in ebucks.
Ok, so perhaps something to consider. But is this a new rule for this year or not?

What is interesting is that my charges to my card from international sites , are actually in Rands:- not USD, EUR GBP , so I guess that has to be considered 'local' spend . I don't see any service fees, like the Forex change service fee as far as I can see on my statements.

In any case, if this is how FNB expects foreign transactions to work or excluded, than its gonna be interesting for everyone that switched to YouTube Argentina for example because surely that is billed in a foreign currency ?

Tinuva

The Magician
Youtube is such a small amount, I personally won't be bothered if i doesn't count towards smart spend.

SueC

Business users.. there is an option to buy 10k x $ or € etc to level up using a global account. Has anyone done this? And is the global account an investment account (hedging with forex) or are you expected to spend the money through your business? TIA

BuckRogers

Is there another place to look at your credit status. My graph is on the border and I don't know if it is light or dark green.

adrcl

Are you sure it used the VCC? For most of us when we select tap to pay it only gives the normal CC as option
You have to go into the app. Select your VCC manually under "my cards" > "FNB pay" > "Tap to pay"
Make sure NFC is enabled on your phone first.