Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

khatani

I paid on the website using VCC when buying electricity last week. And today I paid my rates on the Clicks website, again using VCC.
So you did the payment online? Is there a surcharge from the municipality when paying by card?

Mythical-

So you did the payment online? Is there a surcharge from the municipality when paying by card?
Yes, online payment. I paid R2000 and the following was in the email:
- Units 710.4 kWh
- Token R 1739.13
- VAT R 260.87

khatani

I paid R2000 and the following was in the email:
- Units 710.4 kWh
- Token R 1739.13
- VAT R 260.87
Thats for the electricity though
For rates it may be different-just check your next statement to see if you are getting charged extra
When I paid rates previously using Woolies card, it worked fine for a while, then all of a sudden they banged on a credit card surcharge, off set any gains from woolies (1%)

Mythical-

Thats for the electricity though
For rates it may be different-just check your next statement to see if you are getting charged extra
When I paid rates previously using Woolies card, it worked fine for a while, then all of a sudden they banged on a credit card surcharge, off set any gains from woolies (1%)
Oops, sorry about that.

I've been paying it this way for a while, so went to look at my statements, and don't see any extra charges, unless it's hidden in some fine print. It looks the same as when I used to pay at Checkers or Easypay.

Stevi

Expert Member
Set up my VCC yesterday and tried to pay at Checkers and it kept giving an error on the POS device.

Anyone got a solution to this?

Now when I log onto the app, go the to CC account, select my cards, select the VCC, go to FNB pay and tap scan to pay, but it only shows my actual CC as the card to pay and no option to select the VCC.

Any ideas on how to select the VCC?

khatani

Oops, sorry about that.

I've been paying it this way for a while, so went to look at my statements, and don't see any extra charges, unless it's hidden in some fine print. It looks the same as when I used to pay at Checkers or Easypay.
ok that good then, as long as you aren't getting charged extra then its well worth it

Razeen

Ok so i was chatting to the banker, i think they all useless. I then went to Engen to topup could only get R45 diesel in lol. Anyway used the scan to pay from engen it worked. So i asked where is the problem and who is responsible. So the Place that has the QR is responsible for the QR code not working, so need to be taken up with them ,because its not an app or FNB problem.

Razeen

Set up my VCC yesterday and tried to pay at Checkers and it kept giving an error on the POS device.

Anyone got a solution to this?

Now when I log onto the app, go the to CC account, select my cards, select the VCC, go to FNB pay and tap scan to pay, but it only shows my actual CC as the card to pay and no option to select the VCC.

Any ideas on how to select the VCC

On the IOS device it links it automatically i think. Only when i tried gift of the givers did it allow a drop down menu to select a different card if you don't want to use the virtual card. but that payment failed. Didn't get that option on NSRI QR Code, failed before you could select how much you want to donate

Leno

Expert Member
ARGH dont be a idiot like me

Saw that iStore online had a sale so bought airpods thinking I can refund the ebucks on the app as I thought I read over here.

I now see that the pay with ebucks / refund is only for in store purchases!

So how do you spend your ebucks at iStore online as Ebucks doesnt come up as a payment method as described on Ebucks's website

mugikhan

Damn, thanks. Will try again and see what happens :)

Did you update the details on the web or the app on your phone?
I'm on iOS so I just updated my payment details on my iCloud account and that applied across the app store and apple music.

SiR_BP

ARGH dont be a idiot like me

Saw that iStore online had a sale so bought airpods thinking I can refund the ebucks on the app as I thought I read over here.

I now see that the pay with ebucks / refund is only for in store purchases!

So how do you spend your ebucks at iStore online as Ebucks doesnt come up as a payment method as described on Ebucks's website
I think you need to wait for it to reflect then follow the below steps. On the ebucks site the iStore is listed as online partner as well.

How does this work?​

• Visit the Pay in eBucks tab on the FNB/RMB Private Bank App
  • Select a recent iStore transaction
  • Enter the amount you'd like to pay or part-pay in eBucks
  • That amount will be debited from your available eBucks balance
  • The account used for the original iStore purchase with be credited in Rands

TedLasso

Expert Member
I think you need to wait for it to reflect then follow the below steps. On the ebucks site the iStore is listed as online partner as well.

How does this work?​

• Visit the Pay in eBucks tab on the FNB/RMB Private Bank App
  • Select a recent iStore transaction
  • Enter the amount you'd like to pay or part-pay in eBucks
  • That amount will be debited from your available eBucks balance
  • The account used for the original iStore purchase with be credited in Rands
My wife bought a pair of airpods Pro yesterday in store and paid with on her PC CC. Will she get 15 % back in ebucks on that purchase. She is RL5

Unsure if there was something else she needed to do.

richieza

My wife bought a pair of airpods Pro yesterday in store and paid with on her PC CC. Will she get 15 % back in ebucks on that purchase. She is RL5

Unsure if there was something else she needed to do.
Ts and Cs
7. iStore

• Earn up to 15% back in eBucks when you shop instore and online at iStore and pay with your qualifying FNB Fusion Private Clients Card, FNB Private Clients Credit Card and/or FNB Private Clients Debit card.
  • The amount on which you earn eBucks is limited to a total Rand spend of R22 500 per year, being 1 July – 30 June.
  • Your FNB Fusion Private Clients Card/FNB Private Clients Credit Card spend is considered first towards the spend limit.
  • You won't earn eBucks on purchases made using any payment method other than your qualifying FNB Fusion Private Clients Card, FNB Private Clients Credit Card and/or FNB Private Clients Debit card, including part payment using any other payment method.
  • You will only earn eBucks on devices purchased from iStore. You won’t earn eBucks on any contracts taken out from iStore.
  • You can use a combination of eBucks & Rands to pay for your transaction at any iStore.
  • If you haven't yet met the qualifying requirements, you'll earn 0.5% back in eBucks on purchases made at iStore using your FNB Fusion Private Clients Card, FNB Private Clients Credit Card or FNB Private Clients Debit card.

TedLasso

Expert Member
Ts and Cs
7. iStore

• Earn up to 15% back in eBucks when you shop instore and online at iStore and pay with your qualifying FNB Fusion Private Clients Card, FNB Private Clients Credit Card and/or FNB Private Clients Debit card.
  • The amount on which you earn eBucks is limited to a total Rand spend of R22 500 per year, being 1 July – 30 June.
  • Your FNB Fusion Private Clients Card/FNB Private Clients Credit Card spend is considered first towards the spend limit.
  • You won't earn eBucks on purchases made using any payment method other than your qualifying FNB Fusion Private Clients Card, FNB Private Clients Credit Card and/or FNB Private Clients Debit card, including part payment using any other payment method.
  • You will only earn eBucks on devices purchased from iStore. You won’t earn eBucks on any contracts taken out from iStore.
  • You can use a combination of eBucks & Rands to pay for your transaction at any iStore.
  • If you haven't yet met the qualifying requirements, you'll earn 0.5% back in eBucks on purchases made at iStore using your FNB Fusion Private Clients Card, FNB Private Clients Credit Card or FNB Private Clients Debit card.
Cool , so then I think it qualifies. I guess an Airpod Pro is considered a 'device'