Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

Supercarfan

I would say yes, she should - I Hope so too.. We will know in two+ weeks :)
I don’t think you have to be worried about whether what you’re purchasing is a ‘device’ or not. I’m pretty sure any transaction on your FNB credit card would qualify, I doubt FNB gets a detailed statement of what you bought.

I think the point of that clause is to make it clear that you won’t receive eBucks for taking out a cellphone contract at the iStore.

donanicky

For those of you who upgraded this month, is your smart spend correct? It seems like my spend on the old credit card is not included.

Vuilhaas

For those of you who upgraded this month, is your smart spend correct? It seems like my spend on the old credit card is not included.
I upgraded on the 1st and everything is 100%

I'm fact, I got premier rules eBucks for June, even though the upgrade was done in July.

Definite win!

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
Nope I'm on l3.. They said I must query it when the allocation is done in Aug and they will sort it out

the eskimo

Last month I had a snapscan/"scan to pay" transaction on the 28 June (which would have taken me over the next smart spend threshold) stay pending until 1 July so I didn't get the smart spend

This month, another retailers snapscan/"scan to pay" transaction is pending from 27 July which would take me over the same threshold.

Let's hope they are processed in time. #fingerscrossed.

Just a warning for others, it might take more than a couple days for your Scan to Pay (using a Snapscan code) transactions to be cleared if you need it for smart spend

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Last month I had a snapscan/"scan to pay" transaction on the 28 June (which would have taken me over the next smart spend threshold) stay pending until 1 July so I didn't get the smart spend

This month, another retailers snapscan/"scan to pay" transaction is pending from 27 July which would take me over the same threshold.

Let's hope they are processed in time. #fingerscrossed.

Just a warning for others, it might take more than a couple days for your Scan to Pay (using a Snapscan code) transactions to be cleared if you need it for smart spend
Yep quite common can sometimes a week or more even

khatani

Ebucks monthly reminders:

1. View the "track my rewards" tab on the app. FNB app -> Ebucks -> Earn -> Track my rewards [500 points]

2. Set up at least 3 Smart budget categories and access your Smart budget every month [1000 points] (not applicable to Private Wealth clients)

3. Maintain a healthy credit score and access your Smart budget each month (not applicable to Private Wealth clients):

Light amber status: 1000 points
Light green status: 1000 points
Dark green status: 1000 points

2. (if you have kids) Have a transactional FNBy account OR grow your FNBy savings account balance [1000 points]:

Premier: R200
PC: R300
PW: R400

3. App transactions (app payments/transfers) [2000 points]:

Premier: 6 transactions
PC: 8 transactions
PW: 10 transactions

4. FNB Pay app payment (Tap to pay, Scan to Pay or Checkout) [500 points/1000 points with VCC]:

Premier: 2 transactions
PC: 3 transactions
PW: 4 transactions

Quick and easy, can be done for as low as R2.00.

Buy airtime from Takealot (any amount). Select Masterpass as the checkout method and scan the QR code using FNB Pay.

5. Streaming or online platforms:

Make use of/make a payment to any of the following platforms:

Deezer, iTunes, Netflix, Spotify, YouTube, Showmax, SweepSouth, Audible, Google Play, Mr D Food, Uber OR Uber Eats, PlayStation, Xbox, Google, Bolt, Checkers Sixty60

2 streaming or online services using Virtual Card: 1000 points
4 streaming or online services, at least 2 using Virtual Card: 1500 points
4 streaming or online services using Virtual Card: 2000 points

These are the ones I did this month. (Previous month's purchases might be cheaper):

5.1. Google Play - Ebook (R1.88) - https://play.google.com/store/books...BEST_WAYS_TO_MANAGE_YOUR_LIFE?id=FzItEAAAQBAJ

5.2. Audible - Audiobook (R13.83) - https://www.audible.com/pd/Bernice-Bobs-Her-Hair-Audiobook/B007A4BLKW

5.3. iTunes - a single song (R7.99)

5.4. Mr D/Uber/Uber Eats

Historical list of easy wins: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18F51QEhUnM4OAmDjVoccFsBQRpvkqWDIORbvlguzzw8/edit?usp=sharing

Mythical-

Argentina isn't the cheapest anymore, Turkey is. From what I have read if your Netflix account already has a contact number added they won't require the verification sms when you sign up via VPN in Turkey.
I tried to switch my Netflix to Argentina this morning. For the last step in the process, they asked me for an Argentinian number to which they could send the verification SMS (it's an existing Netflix account that I wanted to switch - it had all my details, including phone number).

Does Turkey not require that verification SMS?

airborne

Honorary Master
I tried to switch my Netflix to Argentina this morning. For the last step in the process, they asked me for an Argentinian number to which they could send the verification SMS (it's an existing Netflix account that I wanted to switch - it had all my details, including phone number).

Does Turkey not require that verification SMS?

Turkey also does, well mine was a new account so that was unavoidable for me. You can buy an access number to receive the sms once off for a dollar or 2 at various websites.

Interesting, so from your experience it appears they do require a new local number, seeing yours is an existing account.

Did you wait for the previous months sub to expire?

The previous sub apparently has to expire before the subscription can be restarted in a new region.

Last edited:

Mythical-

Turkey also does, well mine was a new account so that was unavoidable for me. You can buy an access number to receive the sms once off for a dollar or 2 at various websites.

Interesting, so from your experience it appears they do require a new local number, seeing yours is an existing account.

Did you wait for the previous months sub to expire?

The previous sub apparently has to expire before the subscription can be restarted in a new region.
Yes, I had to wait for the previous month's subscription to expire. If I cancelled and then reactivated without waiting, it just immediately restarted using the old details.

Thank you for the feedback, I'll have to look into that.

Magza

1. View the "track my rewards" tab on the app. FNB app -> Ebucks -> Earn -> Track my rewards [500 points]

2. Set up at least 3 Smart budget categories and access your Smart budget every month [1000 points] (not applicable to Private Wealth clients)

3. Maintain a healthy credit score and access your Smart budget each month (not applicable to Private Wealth clients):

2. (if you have kids) Have a transactional FNBy account OR grow your FNBy savings account balance [1000 points]:

4. FNB Pay app payment (Tap to pay, Scan to Pay or Checkout) [500 points/1000 points with VCC]:

Buy airtime from Takealot (any amount). Select Masterpass as the checkout method and scan the QR code using FNB Pay.

Deezer, iTunes, Netflix, Spotify, YouTube, Showmax, SweepSouth, Audible, Google Play, Mr D Food, Uber OR Uber Eats, PlayStation, Xbox, Google, Bolt, Checkers Sixty60

These are the ones I did this month. (Previous month's purchases might be cheaper):

5.1. Google Play - Ebook (R1.88) - https://play.google.com/store/books...BEST_WAYS_TO_MANAGE_YOUR_LIFE?id=FzItEAAAQBAJ

5.2. Audible - Audiobook (R13.83) - https://www.audible.com/pd/Bernice-Bobs-Her-Hair-Audiobook/B007A4BLKW

5.4. Mr D/Uber/Uber Eats

Historical list of easy wins: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18F51QEhUnM4OAmDjVoccFsBQRpvkqWDIORbvlguzzw8/edit?usp=sharing
Thank you for the summary.

Don't forget:

Visit the ‘nav-igate life’ tab then select ‘nav» Home’ - Manage your property or use one of the available services on the nav>>Home tab on the App once a quarter.

Dylan_G

Expert Member

5.4. Mr D/Uber/Uber Eats

I'm claiming copyright infringement. :p

airborne

Honorary Master
I just noticed that despite everything else appearing to be on lvl 5 my smart spend is earning and showing as me being on lvl 3.

It was mentioned earlier, what is the fix?

brucem

So when the new month rolls over, when do we find out what rewards level we made?

Mythical-

So when the new month rolls over, when do we find out what rewards level we made?
Between the 8th and the 12th, perhaps. The first month on the new rules are usually delayed, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was later than that.