Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

Tman*

Expert Member
I think someone else have also mention the steps. But you go to you're account. Select My Cards. Choose you're VCC. Select TaptoPay.

But the one thing I am only noticing now is that it is only displaying my normal card then as the last step before payment and not the virtual card. So it might be that I am mistaken and I just did a normal tap to pay even though I initiated the payment from the VCC.

Frustrating I imagine. Keep us updated

Sinbad

Honorary Master
What's the benefit of using the virtual card for tap to pay? I thought it was primarily for online shopping

Ianvn

What's the benefit of using the virtual card for tap to pay? I thought it was primarily for online shopping
My only reason for trying to use it for tap and go is for the extra 500 points in eBucks level.

"Do at least 2 FNB Pay transactions (Tap to Pay, Scan to Pay or Checkout) or Partner Wallet* transactions.

Yes

Yes, using Virtual Card"

acp

I think someone else have also mention the steps. But you go to you're account. Select My Cards. Choose you're VCC. Select TaptoPay.

But the one thing I am only noticing now is that it is only displaying my normal card then as the last step before payment and not the virtual card. So it might be that I am mistaken and I just did a normal tap to pay even though I initiated the payment from the VCC.
Thanks. Exactly what I had. Was also under the impression that it's VCC until I realised for tap it prompts one last option list with only fusion and "real" CC, no VCC.

Hope it's oversight that'll be fixed since scan to pay works fine on VCC.

e4et

Expert Member
Can you still earn eBucks from partners with the Aspire account? I may just stick with it.
Think Im going to do the same. The money I'll save from not buying kak just to earn them eBucks will more than make up for what I woulda / coulda earned. Plus I'm saving the odd 100 randellas in monthly account fees. It would actually be easier for me to just buy 4000 eBucks a month

ele33

Expert Member
Think Im going to do the same. The money I'll save from not buying kak just to earn them eBucks will more than make up for what I woulda / coulda earned. Plus I'm saving the odd 100 randellas in monthly account fees. It would actually be easier for me to just buy 4000 eBucks a month
Would you still qualify for 40% off at the eBucks store - wonder how it would work

Sinbad

Honorary Master
My only reason for trying to use it for tap and go is for the extra 500 points in eBucks level.

"Do at least 2 FNB Pay transactions (Tap to Pay, Scan to Pay or Checkout) or Partner Wallet* transactions.

Yes

Yes, using Virtual Card"
Ah ha, makes sense.

I'd use scan to pay for now...

mr_norris

Expert Member
Can you still earn eBucks from partners with the Aspire account? I may just stick with it.

My gripe is all you see when it comes to partners is this:

Up to R150 back in eBucks at Checkers, Shoprite or USave
Up to R150 back in eBucks at Clicks
Up to R150 back in eBucks at Engen
Up to R150 back in eBucks at Intercape

There is zero mentioning of smart spend / percentage earnings from other partners in the rules or T&C's. To get that R150 from all of the 4 partners, you need to spend 3k with each of them, and you either need to have a credit product with them (loan, or overdraft, etc - which have costs of their own) or you need 150k in investments. If you don't have one of the two aforementioned requirements, you are capped at earning up to R50 from each partner.

Aspire is a joke, even if you don't want to use it for earning eBucks. It's not worth it IMO.

shiverz

Expert Member
Don't pay them in ZAR :)

Google does not care about what currency you pay them in, so long as they thing you stay in that country you can pay them in that currency.
So I think Argentine Pesos works out cheaper?
444c54668e3a9118fe61ba9aa218fc4d.jpg

f9ef2ce168b7d7b5e4388ed65ded2b4b.jpg

whatwhat

Executive Member
For nav>>status mine always shows light amber, with the reasons being "I don't have enough accounts" (even though I've had it for 10+ years with cheque, cc, channel island, foreign currency, accounts. The other reason is "not enough savings".

As I don't live in SA I just transfer in what is needed to cover my debit orders. Any ideas on what I can do (savings accounts to open etc.) to get this to green?

SueC

Do at least 6 financial transactions per month via the FNB App.

Including Lotto, PowerBall, Prepaid purchases and Send Money transactions. Excluding FNB Pay and Virtual Card transactions.

Well this is a kak move. Basically forcing us to play more lotto? Last year it included FNB Pay transactions.

Any payments count.. like paying a supplier (or pocket money) from the app

derp90

My gripe is all you see when it comes to partners is this:

Up to R150 back in eBucks at Checkers, Shoprite or USave
Up to R150 back in eBucks at Clicks
Up to R150 back in eBucks at Engen
Up to R150 back in eBucks at Intercape

There is zero mentioning of smart spend / percentage earnings from other partners in the rules or T&C's. To get that R150 from all of the 4 partners, you need to spend 3k with each of them, and you either need to have a credit product with them (loan, or overdraft, etc - which have costs of their own) or you need 150k in investments. If you don't have one of the two aforementioned requirements, you are capped at earning up to R50 from each partner.

Aspire is a joke, even if you don't want to use it for earning eBucks. It's not worth it IMO.
Yeah, but I can get to like level 2 with Premier, and then earn back like R100 in eBucks.

I'm just going to use Aspire and forget about eBucks. Hopefully the partner earn gives me a little back.

Micdew

Hi guys, i cannot figure out how to tap or scan to pay with the virtual credit card. I have created it but dont know how to link it and it does not come up as an option before you tap.

Archie1

Hi guys, i cannot figure out how to tap or scan to pay with the virtual credit card. I have created it but dont know how to link it and it does not come up as an option before you tap.
You need to go back and view all the VCCs that you created. Select the one you want to use, then you should get the option for "FNB Pay".

As of now, it seems you can't automatically link it as the default payment method.

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
You need to go back and view all the VCCs that you created. Select the one you want to use, then you should get the option for "FNB Pay".

As of now, it seems you can't automatically link it as the default payment method.
Hopefully this will be automatically linked when the new rules kick in

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member

Login to the app, search for "cards", tap "cards", select the VCC, and then FNB Pay.

Stevi

Expert Member
So also going to do the upgrade from Gold to Premier.

Would the Fusion Premier account (day to day card with credit facility) be fine, or should I go for the Premier bundle (Cheque and credit card)?

Trying to figure which one will make it easier to get points to maintain level 5. The earn rules are quite confusing as they mention fusion card and credit card :|

McGuywer

Executive Member
For nav>>status mine always shows light amber, with the reasons being "I don't have enough accounts" (even though I've had it for 10+ years with cheque, cc, channel island, foreign currency, accounts. The other reason is "not enough savings".

As I don't live in SA I just transfer in what is needed to cover my debit orders. Any ideas on what I can do (savings accounts to open etc.) to get this to green?
I was wondering about the enough accounts. Not sure how many accounts is enough.

Regarding the. savings, they say 3x your monthly debit orders....

zerocool2009

Executive Member
So also going to do the upgrade from Gold to Premier.

Would the Fusion Premier account (day to day card with credit facility) be fine, or should I go for the Premier bundle (Cheque and credit card)?

Trying to figure which one will make it easier to get points to maintain level 5. The earn rules are quite confusing as they mention fusion card and credit card :|

Just split the 2 accounts (making it easier, with 2 cards (cheque and CC).

phatfossil

Is the Smart Spend also removed from Aspire? You can only get Smart Spend when on Premier?