Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

Tinuva

The Magician
Does anyone know how we can invest in international stocks with a tax free savings account ?

Sorry this is not an FNB thing but while the topic of tfsa is on, I might as well because I don't know where else to find out.
EasyEquitities. You can't invest directly in stocks, but ETFs that track international stock. The generic stuff like S&P500 is mostly western world. There other all world ETFs etc too.

acp

Does anyone know how we can invest in international stocks with a tax free savings account ?

Sorry this is not an FNB thing but while the topic of tfsa is on, I might as well because I don't know where else to find out.
TFSA is limited to trackers and ETFs. Has to be ZAR denominated and locally vested.
Closest would be international feeder ETFs. Quite a few from Satrix, Sygnia etc.
STXWD as an example provides exposure to the MSCI World index, locally in ZAR, available via TFSA.
Edit: spelling

Last edited:

phatfossil

Ebucks is updated to 14 Sept, but for some reason when I check my 'track my rewards' tab and go to 'digital banking' my 'nav> Money Smart budget & Credit Status Red / Dark amber' is not updated to my current light green status? It should be 1500 points that it's not showing. Anyone else have this? I'm short 500 points to 11000

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 60

SueC

EasyEquitities. You can't invest directly in stocks, but ETFs that track international stock. The generic stuff like S&P500 is mostly western world. There other all world ETFs etc too.

Please can you smart investors start a new thread? I’m learning so much from you guys! Loving the generous sharing of knowledge on this platform - thank you!

oitar

Ebucks is updated to 14 Sept, but for some reason when I check my 'track my rewards' tab and go to 'digital banking' my 'nav> Money Smart budget & Credit Status Red / Dark amber' is not updated to my current light green status? It should be 1500 points that it's not showing. Anyone else have this? I'm short 500 points to 11000
Go check few properties' prices in your area. I'm not sure what I did(I don't have a home loan with fnb), but I'm getting 500 points for the rule "Manage your property or use one of the available services under the nav» Home tab on the FNB App once a quarter.", just by getting a[free] property valuation last month.

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
Go check few properties' prices in your area. I'm not sure what I did(I don't have a home loan with fnb), but I'm getting 500 points for the rule "Manage your property or use one of the available services under the nav» Home tab on the FNB App once a quarter.", just by getting a[free] property valuation last month.
I also got 500 points. I'm not sure what I did lol

phatfossil

Thanks you for this tip, I've scratched around and hopefully did not buy a house :ROFL:

Aadz88

TFSA is limited to trackers and ETFs. Has to be ZAR denominated and locally vested.
Closest would be international feeder ETFs. Quite a few from Satrix, Sygnia etc.
STXWD as an emample provides exposure to the MCSI World index, locally in ZAR, available via TFSA.
Thank you

Vuilhaas

Please confirm: for FNB pay (scan to pay), can you scan and pay on the same code twice or must it be two completely separate recipients?

marbro

What code?

Like the gift of the givers code? Yeah you can do multiple times.
The qr code at checkers? Each one is unique

airborne

Honorary Master
I paid mine yesterday… I have had the easypay number for ages.. I think trial and error initially.
You can check by entering it on clicks / the easypay website to see if it is valid. Keep changing the last digit till they accept it.
91985_cellphone number_random digit
Good luck!
Just to confirm in the string "91985_cellphone number_random digit" is cellphone number in the 072******* format or do you need to include 27 prefix making it 2772******* , what is the correct format to use?

My MTN invoice shows the number with the 27 prefix in some places.

oitar

Just to confirm in the string "91985_cellphone number_random digit" is cellphone number in the 072******* format or do you need to include 27 prefix making it 2772******* , what is the correct format to use?

My MTN invoice shows the number with the 27 prefix in some places.
The 072******* option.

valiente

What crap is this of UNLOCKING car rental discounts now?

I am forced to first book a flight, then I can use a car rental discount?

Damn I thought the change would be for the better, as in you didn't need to pay in eBucks...
Anyone want me to book them a flight somewhere? *Excludes Car Rental

Belix

What crap is this of UNLOCKING car rental discounts now?

I am forced to first book a flight, then I can use a car rental discount?

Damn I thought the change would be for the better, as in you didn't need to pay in eBucks...
Anyone want me to book them a flight somewhere? *Excludes Car Rental

Agreed, I don’t need to fly anywhere now, but car hire would be useful