Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Hey guys is there special trick to pay drakenstein municipal bill? First bill from them as it is new property. Tried easypay on the clicks app.
9565b1174fd96932ed2b5fa04283371a.jpg

No special trick. I saw that error with prepaid accounts too. Confirm with clicks if its supported...

I would first try normal easypay. Try R50 for starters, as a test.

Dylan_G

Expert Member
Ebucks monthly reminders:

1. View the "track my rewards" tab on the app. FNB app -> Ebucks -> Earn -> Track my rewards [500 points]

2. Set up at least 3 Smart budget categories and access your Smart budget every month [1000 points] (not applicable to Private Wealth clients)

3. Maintain a healthy credit score and access your Smart budget each month (not applicable to Private Wealth clients):

Light amber status: 1000 points
Light green status: 1000 points
Dark green status: 1000 points

4. (if you have kids) Have a transactional FNBy account OR grow your FNBy savings account balance [1000 points]:

Premier: R200
PC: R300
PW: R400

5. App transactions (app payments/transfers) [2000 points]:

Premier: 6 transactions
PC: 8 transactions
PW: 10 transactions

6. FNB Pay app payment (Tap to pay, Scan to Pay or Checkout) [500 points/1000 points with VCC]:

Premier: 2 transactions
PC: 3 transactions
PW: 4 transactions

Quick and easy, can be done for as low as R2.00.

Buy airtime from Takealot (any amount). Select Masterpass as the checkout method and scan the QR code using FNB Pay.

7. Streaming or online platforms:

Make use of/make a payment to any of the following platforms:

Deezer, iTunes, Netflix, Spotify, YouTube, Showmax, SweepSouth, Audible, Google Play, Mr D Food, Uber OR Uber Eats, PlayStation, Xbox, Google, Bolt, Checkers Sixty60

2 streaming or online services using Virtual Card: 1000 points
4 streaming or online services, at least 2 using Virtual Card: 1500 points
4 streaming or online services using Virtual Card: 2000 points

These are the ones I did this month. (Previous month's purchases might be cheaper):

7.1. Google Play - Ebook (R0.51) - https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Jack_London_The_Abysmal_Brute?id=Hm1qDwAAQBAJ

7.2. Audible - Audiobook (R16.84) - https://www.audible.com/pd/Animal-Farm-Audiobook/2291090860

7.3. iTunes - a single song (R7.99)

7.4. Mr D/Uber/Uber Eats

Historical list of easy wins: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18F51QEhUnM4OAmDjVoccFsBQRpvkqWDIORbvlguzzw8/edit?usp=sharing

Tman*

Expert Member
Ebucks monthly reminders:

1. View the "track my rewards" tab on the app. FNB app -> Ebucks -> Earn -> Track my rewards [500 points]

2. Set up at least 3 Smart budget categories and access your Smart budget every month [1000 points] (not applicable to Private Wealth clients)

3. Maintain a healthy credit score and access your Smart budget each month (not applicable to Private Wealth clients):

Light amber status: 1000 points
Light green status: 1000 points
Dark green status: 1000 points

4. (if you have kids) Have a transactional FNBy account OR grow your FNBy savings account balance [1000 points]:

Premier: R200
PC: R300
PW: R400

5. App transactions (app payments/transfers) [2000 points]:

Premier: 6 transactions
PC: 8 transactions
PW: 10 transactions

6. FNB Pay app payment (Tap to pay, Scan to Pay or Checkout) [500 points/1000 points with VCC]:

Premier: 2 transactions
PC: 3 transactions
PW: 4 transactions

Quick and easy, can be done for as low as R2.00.

Buy airtime from Takealot (any amount). Select Masterpass as the checkout method and scan the QR code using FNB Pay.

7. Streaming or online platforms:

Make use of/make a payment to any of the following platforms:

Deezer, iTunes, Netflix, Spotify, YouTube, Showmax, SweepSouth, Audible, Google Play, Mr D Food, Uber OR Uber Eats, PlayStation, Xbox, Google, Bolt, Checkers Sixty60

2 streaming or online services using Virtual Card: 1000 points
4 streaming or online services, at least 2 using Virtual Card: 1500 points
4 streaming or online services using Virtual Card: 2000 points

These are the ones I did this month. (Previous month's purchases might be cheaper):

7.1. Google Play - Ebook (R0.51) - https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Jack_London_The_Abysmal_Brute?id=Hm1qDwAAQBAJ

7.2. Audible - Audiobook (R16.84) - https://www.audible.com/pd/Animal-Farm-Audiobook/2291090860

7.3. iTunes - a single song (R7.99)

7.4. Mr D/Uber/Uber Eats

Historical list of easy wins: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18F51QEhUnM4OAmDjVoccFsBQRpvkqWDIORbvlguzzw8/edit?usp=sharing
Bells for u

Den_10

Hi guys.

Two questions. If I transfer money from my FNB savings pocket into my FNB cheque account, does that count towards the minimum monthly deposit to qualify for eBucks or do the funds need to be external?

I’d also like to ask if I pay my electricity bill at Clicks, does it count towards 15% off?

Thank you

Speedster

Honorary Master
Hi guys.

Two questions. If I transfer money from my FNB savings pocket into my FNB cheque account, does that count towards the minimum monthly deposit to qualify for eBucks or do the funds need to be external?

I’d also like to ask if I pay my electricity bill at Clicks, does it count towards 15% off?

Thank you
Deposit, no. It must be from an external account.

Clicks, yes.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I wish they can delete that section in the app. Its purely false/incorrect info ! I dont even want to know how many queries eB or FNB must attend to regarding "it showed that day this, it is now that .... WHY".

Do it manually ! Or rather wait until allocation day

animehero

Expert Member
When are we going to learn not to pay attention to track my rewards?! It's the same comments every freakin month
Mine has been fairly accurate this far though.
I noticed that streaming & online platforms have not worked since the July change too which is consistent with the track my rewards app, yet everything else reflects correctly

Sayf777

Expert Member
The track my rewards are useful, sometimes when the busy adjusting it we don't need to worry about it (like the tap to scan).

Does anyone know (I know it was for previous rules just want to confirm it's for the current rules as well), that the savings pocket counts for the rule to "maintain a monthly balance of X amount across your FNB savings and investment account?"

Affieplaas

If you dont mind me asking, what do you do to get there.
Does stuff like your homeloans and debit orders count towards smart spend?
New to this game and thinking of moving to FNB

I got a second credit card on my credit card account. My wife uses it now. So all the credit card purchases that used to be split between 2 accounts are now combined. I also only try to buy from Checkers, Clicks, Takealot etc where I get Ebucks rewards.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
I see tap to pay/scan to pay magically resets on certain date? I had like 15 before the 28th and now just 0/2+. So I did make 2 scan to pays via TA for airtime :rolleyes:

airborne

Honorary Master
Can you use a VCC for a future subscription, I added my VCC to a YouTube sub but they'll only bill the card for the first time next month by which time the CVV will have changed?