Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

TheSaint88

I'm not sure whether this has been covered as yet, but I'm sure you have noticed that the eBucks store no longer lists any Apple products. I reckon it is because of their agreement/partnership with iStore. Does anyone perhaps know whether we'll see Apple products come Black Friday or is seeing Apple products on the eBucks store (at 40% off) officially a thing of the past? Thanks

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
I'm not sure whether this has been covered as yet, but I'm sure you have noticed that the eBucks store no longer lists any Apple products. I reckon it is because of their agreement/partnership with iStore. Does anyone perhaps know whether we'll see Apple products come Black Friday or is seeing Apple products on the eBucks store (at 40% off) officially a thing of the past? Thanks
It's possible but I doubt there's a correlation.
There has been a partnership for years with only high ebucks earn being new.
Products and categories chop and change often on the store. It's happened for years.
I doubt even ebucks themselves know what's happening on black friday

Sayf777

Expert Member
We already saw some apple 40% off deals after the istore deal. Whether it was to clear old stock or not, time will tell..

cozinsky

Expert Member
My September Smart Spend shows that I unlocked the R10 000, R20 000 and R30 000 tiers. However, I have only been allocated eBucks for the R10 000 Smart Spend and not the other two. (The Smart Spend updated on 1 October). Should I query this or do other people experience the same issue?

Last edited:

zerocool2009

Executive Member
My September Smart Spend shows that I unlocked 3000 eBucks by spending over R30 000 but this has not yet been added to my eBucks account. (The Smart Spend updated on 1 October). Should I query this?

If it didnt clear within 12am on the 29th ... then it carries over to Oct's spend

Meister-Man

Expert Member
My September Smart Spend shows that I unlocked the R10 000, R20 000 and R30 000 tiers. However, I have only been allocated eBucks for the R10 000 Smart Spend and not the other two. (The Smart Spend updated on 1 October). Should I query this or do other people experience the same issue?

Give it another couple of days.
If it doesn't come through then (and provided your transactions cleared within Sept) then log a query.

airborne

Honorary Master
Those paying their MTN contract via easypay, I did a small test payment on the 23rd Sep but where can I check if the payment came off my MTN account?

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Those paying their MTN contract via easypay, I did a small test payment on the 23rd Sep but where can I check if the payment came off my MTN account?
MTN app->account-> bill-> outstanding

Doesn't give payment detail but your outstanding balance should decrease

airborne

Honorary Master
MTN app->account-> bill-> outstanding

Doesn't give payment detail but your outstanding balance should decrease
I looked there, it hasn't decreased.
I tried phoning MTN but it seems my account is now entered some kind of lock because the bill settlement is late.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
I looked there, it hasn't decreased.
I tried phoning MTN but it seems my account is now entered some kind of lock because the bill settlement is late.
MTN are terrible with updating payments.
When I used to do CC payments on the app I would wait up to 7 days for clearance. Ive paid numerous debit order penalties for failed debit orders because they cant allocate payments quick enough. They also dont have my debit order details because everytime I go into a shop, their system is offline. I have been cut off three times for "non payment". Only once I can say was partially my fault because I did the payment on the 1st instead of a few days earlier.
I usually contact the twitter team with my payment showing I paid on time and they get my account sorted out.
Ive only done 2 easypay payments so far, 1st payment for R20 took I think 5 days(I didnt check daily for balance update), 2nd payment with the rest of my payment took like 2 days. I didnt convert my account to cash or anything weird like that. I just used the easypay website to figure out my account code using the method someone listed in the thread a few weeks back.

So this month ill probably pay early on just to make sure things are on track.