Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
I got double earn when I financed a car in the last week of a quarter
My Total purchase was in October which is why I was concerned I'd have to wait until Jan to learn I get nothing for the new 1/4.
I checked the ebucks app for double earn and it looks like I'm good for August and September(finance was in August) so nothing for July which is fine.

Newb-ucks

Question regarding making a tv purchase on the eB store. Can I use a tv license of a family member or does the license have to be linked to my ID nr?

GrootBaas

Expert Member
Interesting, I just assumed it doesn't but you are right:

Deezer, iTunes, Netflix, Spotify, Youtube, Showmax, SweepSouth, Audible, Google Play, Mr D Food, Uber OR Uber Eats, PlayStation, Xbox, Google, Bolt, Checkers Sixty60

PSA: Just remember you can't tip the driver from the Bolt app, has to be cash. So be a lekker oke and make sure you have cash on hand for a tip when you order.

uzairb

So on 3 October I had a car wash at a total garage and paid R95 using my FNB card.
I handed the slip to the car wash guy to verify that I paid.
Completely forgot about the effect it will have on my double Engen earn.
Do you think ebucks will ignore this or will it affect my double earn?
Purchased firewood to the value of R140 at Sasol. Threw away the receipt, only realized last week that it disqualified me from fuel double earn during Aug..
Long story short, eBucks listened to nothing. Reckon any transaction over R100 must have a receipt to prove that it was not fuel purchased from the non-Engen.
I managed to get reprints of the speedpoint and a reciept from the Sasol. Sent it off to eBucks this week so hopefully they sort it out and do the recalcs etc...

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Purchased firewood to the value of R140 at Sasol. Threw away the receipt, only realized last week that it disqualified me from fuel double earn during Aug..
Long story short, eBucks listened to nothing. Reckon any transaction over R100 must have a receipt to prove that it was not fuel purchased from the non-Engen.
I managed to get reprints of the speedpoint and a reciept from the Sasol. Sent it off to eBucks this week so hopefully they sort it out and do the recalcs etc...
Thanks. My purchase at the Total was for R95 so wonder if that will be seen below R100 as you said. But im going to go to them and ask if I can get a slip. Im usually super cautious and this was the first slip up in such a long time.

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
Probably asked a million times in here but here goes again... Pls excuse moi.
Is there a list of stores that support FNB Pay? I looked at the option in the app and it doesn't give option to select my VCC ?

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Is there a list of stores that support FNB Pay? I looked at the option in the app and it doesn't give option to select my VCC ?
You have to use "scan to pay" to select your VCC for usage.

Stores supporting it are:
Checkers
Clicks
Pick n pay
Payfast using master pay
Snapscan donations (Google it and select who you want to support)

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
In terms of the FNB Pay rule, when one scans a Masterpass or Snapscan QR card it's obvious FNB scan to pay was used as either of those providers' names will be in the inContact message.

However, if ever required in the event of a dispute, how would we prove that FNB Pay was used at the likes of Clicks or Checkers? Or would eBucks staff be able to see on the back-end as to what transpired?

Clicks Tap to Pay inContact messages look like this: reserved for purchase from FNB card a/c..567000 using card...

Checkers ScanToPay messages look like this: reserved for purchase @ Shoprite*checkers Centgau from FNB card a/c..567000 using card...

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Grr did not get my double feul spend should of gotten for the 2 months u qualified and smart spend did not update :(

airborne

Honorary Master

3rd party apps like Samsung Pay now support VCC, I added mine, it's weird that FNB's own native app still doesn't support it via tap to pay only scan to pay.

Speedster

Honorary Master
3rd party apps like Samsung Pay now support VCC, I added mine, it's weird that FNB's own native app still doesn't support it via tap to pay only scan to pay.
Fortunately we only need one VCC tap / scan each month. I pay a bill at Checkers at the start of the month and then tap away during the month for the rest