Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
FNB will get hold of you if they don't have a DebiCheck mandate in place
Not a big fan of Debi check tbh.. My bond and car are on Debi check and I don't like the fact that they debit your account but then it goes into a pending stage.. And you have to wait 24-48 hrs for it to clear

Ghost64

Expert Member
Is that R1185 for all 4 days oncl all fees and insurance?
What car rental Co is that,
Doesn’t include all insurance, you have to add tyres and windscreen.
They will bang you 10k for a small chip on the windscreen.

Dylan_G

Expert Member
Doesn’t include all insurance, you have to add tyres and windscreen.
They will bang you 10k for a small chip on the windscreen.
I included the "Super Waiver" and thought it only covers damage, ie I thought what you are saying is correct.

I checked my rental agreement and invoice now, turns out, the Windscreen and Tyre waiver is included:

1634281725231.png

1634281758844.png

cozinsky

Expert Member
Anybody else get a message like this?

View attachment 1167206

I assume they're talking about scheduled payments like Netflix? I don't want to click the button, nor do I want to switch them to debit orders. I assume it won't count towards smart spend, like other debit orders?
Yes, I did and what an absolute mess. After having to agree to it about 3 times, I thought everything would be fine now.

Alas not! My auto-payment runs on the 15th and despite me making sure that a full payment must be made, they only deducted the minimum payment! I double checked my settings and it clearly states full payment!

Now, I am not sure how to fix this mess. I guess I just have to make a manual payment to make up the difference.

Last edited:

animehero

Expert Member
Yes, I did and what an absolute mess. After having to agree to it about 3 times, I thought everything would be fine now.

Alas not! My auto-payment runs on the 15th and despite me making sure that a full payment must be made, they only deducted the minimum payment! I double checked my settings and it clearly states full payment!

Now, I am not sure how to fix this mess. I guess I just have to make a manual payment to make up the difference.
Keep minimum payment and setup a scheduled transfer into your cc from your main account for the same day instead?

khatani

Keep minimum payment and setup a scheduled transfer into your cc from your main account for the same day instead?
I also am confused about this, My max debit amount is lower than the first and onging amount, that doesnt make sense, and i did choose full payment - is this normal?

hellfire

Honorary Master
I haven't accepted the Debi check as yet.. Hope this does not affect my ebucks points
It might.
They have to stop running NAEDO debit orders soon. That means if you don't have a valid mandate with FNB Credit Card, they may have to cancel your autopayment.
And if you don't have autopayment in place then your eBucks points will be affected.

animehero

Expert Member
I also am confused about this, My max debit amount is lower than the first and onging amount, that doesnt make sense, and i did choose full payment - is this normal?
Oh I don't know, my suggestion was just so that the payment wasn't missed or they get the full amount regardless. But might be better to raise it with FNB

Codebreaker007

"Have a Revolving Loan or Unsecured Revolving Facility with a minimum limit of R45 000 and have an outstanding balance between 40% and 100% of your limit"

Does having a fusion account get you these points? If so, can someone explain to me what the 24 hour rule is, is the R45 000 referring to the credit limit and the outstanding balance part please. Thanks