Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

franshorn

First time I hear about this, their allocation calc was done a long time after the actual date of the sixty60 transaction was made.......if this is isolated then it may or may not be the real reason.
Doing important transactions the second last day of the month....that is looking for trouble yes. Merchants delaying, old news, has happened to lots and lots of guys and I have seen tens of warnings about it the last few years. yet, some persist in delaying..........until they miss out on a few hunderd rands worth of ebucks.

Seems FNB is having issues with the VCC allocations and the points.
According to my banker, there was a technical error on the September calculations and the allocation of VCC online points. They reversed my allocation of lvl5 and deducted the ebucks I have earned in Sept. I'm guessing the same happened to @phool

They only seeing 3 VCC transactions, whereas I have like a total of 11 different online services according to my CC statement.

emptybruwer

Just thought I'd share I now owe FNB over 3,000 eBucks that I spent during the month after the bank adjusted my reward level for September from 5 to 4 due to a Checkers Sixty60 transaction on 29 September 2021 which was only banked by the merchant on 4 October. Also lost out on the additional fuel double-up for level 5.

So, be sure to perform all your qualifying transactions at least a week ahead of the end of the month, or they might not count. And maybe also keep the eBucks for more than a month to ensure no nasty surprises.
Was just about to assist regarding my adjustment

cozinsky

Expert Member
Hi
If i purchase a device on the iStore using the promotional budget option - will I be eligible to earn the 15% back in ebucks?
Yes, you should be able to because the transaction first goes off as a full purchase after which it gets converted into payments from your budget account.

Speek

Do anybody else get their 1000 family points for both spouses being on Premier, and family linked on fnb app? (Note not youth account). The rules states this, but I have, for the past 4 months, been trying for FNB to add that for me. They keep saying they are investigating, though they did acknowledge that I was right in the past without fixing it.

Bottom line: Am I the exception or do others share this problem?

acidrain

Executive Member
Anyone know how and when the nav >> points are allocated?

Both Smart budget and Credit status have 0 points awarded. Credit status is obviously not at 0 and Smart Budget is 5/3+ yet no points yet allocated.

Do they only allocate end of month?

McGuywer

Executive Member

Both Smart budget and Credit status have 0 points awarded. Credit status is obviously not at 0 and Smart Budget is 5/3+ yet no points yet allocated.

I think it differs. The track my rewards is a bit buggy sometimes.

airborne

Honorary Master

Mine are allocated but I have a reminder to do all those app requirements on the 5th of each month, to ensure I do them and there is plenty of time for the system to detect I've done them.

Tjoker

Expert Member
Last month I did not get any points allocated for Smart Budget(and viewing and light green status), they say I never viewed it. This is bullshit, like the myBBer above, on the 4 and 5th, I perform all the actions I need to.

I asked for the data showing my activity for the month, as in actions performed on the app, still waiting....

This month, the same story, I check daily to see if the Smart Budget(and viewing) points are allocated, but it stays on 0. Yesterday when I spoke to the call agent, I explained this is exactly what happened last month....

The repercussion of the first statement above, was dropping to reward level 4, and losing on eBucks rewarded, as well the petrol double up.

What do I do here? They are not coming back about the first issue, and cant answer me with the current month's issue? Is your current month's Smart Budget(and viewing and light green status) always on 0 points?

Nimz

Executive Member
Last month I did not get any points allocated for Smart Budget(and viewing and light green status), they say I never viewed it. This is bullshit, like the myBBer above, on the 4 and 5th, I perform all the actions I need to.

I asked for the data showing my activity for the month, as in actions performed on the app, still waiting....

This month, the same story, I check daily to see if the Smart Budget(and viewing) points are allocated, but it stays on 0. Yesterday when I spoke to the call agent, I explained this is exactly what happened last month....

The repercussion of the first statement above, was dropping to reward level 4, and losing on eBucks rewarded, as well the petrol double up.

What do I do here? They are not coming back about the first issue, and cant answer me with the current month's issue? Is your current month's Smart Budget(and viewing and light green status) always on 0 points?
maybe screenshot it this time with the date and time visible?

ZSK

I Know of someone that has the same issue. Also hasnt been resolved yet.

Please let us know if you manage to resolve it and how.

Thanks

Spizz

Goat Botherer
It's the usual story with me. Paid for 4 x streaming services using the VCC all about the 15th of the month, calculator shows 1/4 and the "My Cards" category shows 5/5 actions completed. Hopefully it sorts itself out again at month end. I need 500 points for level 5 again and this is worth 2000.

Moe_G10

This is crunch time guys. If you not on level 5 for black Friday all your eB savings for the year were wasted. Get all the points you can and just do some buffer points for just in case.

If there isn't any good deals this year I think I'll cry. 20k in rands saved up. TV and PS5