Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

citizensa

Expert Member
Do they accept iStore vouchers?

I bought an iStore voucher last month, so I will be able to confirm whether or not they qualify for eBucks as soon as the allocation happens. If the vouchers do earn eBucks, and the pre-owned store accepts them, that might be a work-around.

istore vouchers don’t earn ebucks and pre owned store doesn’t accept them, already tested

sjm

Expert Member
When purchasing prepaid electricity on the fnb app, should I do it from my cheque or credit card account?
Unfortunately I can't purchase it from clicks or checkers.
Use your cheque card. You don't get any benefits for purchasing it on the app on either card and it's processed as a direct debit against your account, so it'll be seen as a cash withdrawal / transfer against your credit card and attract immediate interest.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Use your cheque card. You don't get any benefits for purchasing it on the app on either card and it's processed as a direct debit against your account, so it'll be seen as a cash withdrawal / transfer against your credit card and attract immediate interest.
Correct best way to use clicks app you get 15% back or checkers till also earns 15% back

hellfire

Honorary Master
When purchasing prepaid electricity on the fnb app, should I do it from my cheque or credit card account?
Unfortunately I can't purchase it from clicks or checkers.
Why can't you purchase from Clicks or Checkers?

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Why can't you purchase from Clicks or Checkers?
Don't know, see error below.
The provider has advised to use other channels.
456eada491972501b130df951d88bfe9.jpg
74573bb0968dab29d68c354f64bc73a7.jpg

dlevine

Doesn't it add towards smartspend on your Cr card?.

Meister-Man

Expert Member
@Meister-Man Since we "jump through hoops" for eBucks, just move and then you would have a different meter number and then you can use it at Checkers/Clicks...

Well our previous elec provider left and this new provider is more expensive, so was hoping the ebucks earn could make up for that difference.
15% earn on my monthly elec bill would've been handy.
I'm annoyed as they advertise that checkers and clicks are options to make purchases, but they don't work.
I even tried the dreaded checkers money market, still doesn't work.

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Nope, it doesn't
So I checked both accounts.
On credit card you guys were right I'm paying interest on it immediately.
And on cheque account I'm paying a small transaction fee each time.
So in my books, buying elec through fnb online is a lose, lose.

oitar

Hi guys, not eb related, but relevant: I have been charged interest on my credit card, due to the [full amount] debit order day falling on a public holiday(the 1st this month- elections). This now happens a second time this year, and I am certain if you don't see it, and send a complaint to fnbcard@fnb.co.za, you'll end up sponsoring incompetence. Just a thumbs-up.

mr_norris

Expert Member
Hi guys, not eb related, but relevant: I have been charged interest on my credit card, due to the [full amount] debit order day falling on a public holiday(the 1st this month- elections). This now happens a second time this year, and I am certain if you don't see it, and send a complaint to fnbcard@fnb.co.za, you'll end up sponsoring incompetence. Just a thumbs-up.
I have had the same problem although it was my own fault. I usually pay my CC manually when I get paid. But I was dealing with issues and I was a day or so late. They nailed me on interest charges. What I find puzzling is I do have auto payment enabled for the ebucks points so at the very least the minimum payment should have gone off without my intervention. But it didn't.

I asked them what I did wrong, they explained it to me and then reversed the charge \:D/

airborne

Honorary Master
How can that happen if you technically only need to make payment by the 25th of the month after, that's when I settle my cc?

oitar

How can that happen if you technically only need to make payment by the 25th of the month after, that's when I settle my cc?
The debit order date is not on a specific date for all clients, it is up to you when you want it to go through. Mine is on the 1st of the month- to make sure my salary is definitely in, or otherwise the check account will go into overdraft- with the associated penalties(it happened in the past too).
So depending on your preferred debit order day, fnb adjusts the statement day, giving you 55 days to pay interest-free.
The 25th of the month will be your debit order date only if your statement is dated 1st of the previous month(mine is not).