Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

TedLasso

Expert Member
So I missed level 5 on PC cos FNB says I didn't do 8 transactions via app.

I did 7 transfers (5 from current account / home loan and 2 on FNBY account )

I also did 4 Send money transactions in month of October.

Ebucks consultant tells me the rule is only from transactions on transactional account i.e cheque account count

Transfer from HL to cheque account doesn't count and neither does the FNBY transfers. I am willing to let the FNBY one slide as they are on my son's name even though I did them.

On the Ebucks website, it says do 8 transactions via the app, incl lotto, etc

I told her it doesn't say , 8 transactions only via transactional accounts, it says &8 transactions via app'.

I escalated. Also said if this is the case, they should specifically state that on their website. . Anybody else get this spiel before - am I wasting my time?

Stevey00

Want to sell all my ebucks. what you okes recommend...should I sell now at slightly higher than face value, sell at a premium when BF deals come out or buy items on 40% off and sell it at a profit?
Basically im trying to maximize my rands

beta_account

Want to sell all my ebucks. what you okes recommend...should I sell now at slightly higher than face value, sell at a premium when BF deals come out or buy items on 40% off and sell it at a profit?
Basically im trying to maximize my rands
Rather sell the ebucks, buying products at 40% off and reselling them doesn't necessarily mean you will score that extra 40%, and the extra effort to find a buyer for that particular product during this "sale season" is most likely not worth it.

CrazyBob

Looks like my Apple Pay purchases have not been tracked yet for this month. It’s showing 0 in my FNB/RMB Pay section …anyone else having this issue?

eddybsb4u

Are you allowed to create a youth account for a nephew for the ebucks points?
Yes, you are able to do that. You will just need to fill a form that needs to have either of the parents signature that they do confirm that you do open the account for their kid. If you are targeting level 5 for December, I would advise you to go and do it at the branch because online or telephone can takes months (in my case two months). You can PM me for more information.

acp

He/She is wrong.
This actually makes sense when I look at my current month's app transactions. When counting all transfers and payments from portfolio, I have 14 this month to date. HL, FNBy, CC, Fusion combined. However only 7 app payments and transfers combined from fusion acc only. Track my rewards updated 18 Nov and says 7...
To date never counted them as I've always had more than enough, but good to know since 2000 points are at stake, monthly.

TedLasso

Expert Member
This actually makes sense when I look at my current month's app transactions. When counting all transfers and payments from portfolio, I have 14 this month to date. HL, FNBy, CC, Fusion combined. However only 7 app payments and transfers combined from fusion acc only. Track my rewards updated 18 Nov and says 7...
To date never counted them as I've always had more than enough, but good to know since 2000 points are at stake, monthly.
It can make sense, but it's not stated as such in the rules. That's the problem.

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
Looks like my Apple Pay purchases have not been tracked yet for this month. It’s showing 0 in my FNB/RMB Pay section …anyone else having this issue?
Same here.. I've done three so far.. It was reflecting but then went back to zero yesterday

fruitbat

Expert Member
Mine is on 3 at the Mo. it was on 21+ a couple days ago. They must be updating or fixing something.

fruitbat

Expert Member
I do micro transfers from fusion to my cc. Usually to it on 1 day. Have a reminder to do it in my diary.