Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

donanicky

The new fusion / CC premier combo price is R229. It should cover both, unless they are lying. From the new price doc:

View attachment 1082959

I have trust issues with the app - I am getting PC pre-approved as well. I am going to a branch to see if I can upgrade, or perhaps I might try calling them instead.

I can't help with your second question :D
There's a call me back option on the web site. I used it last year to upgrade from Easy to Gold, they called after about 1 hour.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
"Have an FNB Fixed Deposit Account and/or a Savings and Investment Account(s) with a term of longer than 7 days and maintain a minimum balance of R13 500 in the account."

Anyone know if this applies to the tax-free cash deposit account? It has a 30 day notice but you also get points for this just for depositing monthly/yearly, so I wonder if both will apply?

I would say if its tfsa related, it would say so. I would say its related to non tfsa fixed deposits

Zamalek420

The new fusion / CC premier combo price is R229. It should cover both, unless they are lying. From the new price doc:

View attachment 1082959

I have trust issues with the app - I am getting PC pre-approved as well. I am going to a branch to see if I can upgrade, or perhaps I might try calling them instead.

I can't help with your second question :D
What's the value in having both a Fusion card and a separate CC?

The Fusion card is both credit and cheque in one + you get 1000 points just for having a Fusion card

BuzzInvent

The Fusion card is both credit and cheque in one + you get 1000 points just for having a Fusion card
My understanding is that the fusion credit facility is more like an overdraft and there is an extra charge if you use more than R200 of it. There is no charge for the credit card usage, as the CC fees are included in the R219 a month. I may be wrong though

RenaldoJ21

Why is everyone wanting to change their Youtube premium to Argentina? Is it strictly for the lower fee?

mr_norris

Expert Member

You are correct. On top of what BuzzInvent said, you get more points for both:

* Have an FNB Premier Credit Card and authorise a monthly auto payment: 1000 points
* Have an active FNB Fusion Premier Account with a credit limit and an active FNB Fusion Premier card.: 1000 points

Wonder what they mean by active though. Active as in actively used? Anyway - without the CC I don't make level 5.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
You are correct. On top of what BuzzInvent said, you get more points for both:

* Have an FNB Premier Credit Card and authorise a monthly auto payment: 1000 points
* Have an active FNB Fusion Premier Account with a credit limit and an active FNB Fusion Premier card.: 1000 points

Wonder what they mean by active though. Active as in actively used? Anyway - without the CC I don't make level 5.
You can have fusion and cc don't have to have both, just need to be in good standing.

stevenv

Expert Member
Thinking of porting to FNB connect before 30 June. Can you get the free allocation (min/data) if you take a prepaid SIM card?

3WA

Honorary Master
Thinking of porting to FNB connect before 30 June. Can you get the free allocation (min/data) if you take a prepaid SIM card?

Mine is prepaid and gets the allocation.

Last edited:

oitar

aA

Mine is prepaid and gets the allocation.
Yup, as long as it's your main(fnb app) one. Tried changing the allocation to one of the others(kids') on my profile with no luck.

oitar

You can have fusion and cc don't have to have both, just need to be in good standing.
Gave the cc to family member. Using fusion card as a backup to phone{i.e. "we don't allow tap for over R500"- checkers few months back).

whatwhat

Executive Member
And Prime Video?

Prime Video takes any card, but I cannot get it to work on VPN (express VPN). It tells me that a vpn was detected and it won't play any content. Without VPN I am in Asia, and that doesn't help either.

Shella

Hi all, with regards to the Double Engen reward, I'm settling my vehicle finance this week.
Does anyone get the double reward with no finance and only the cars listed in Nav?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Hi all, with regards to the Double Engen reward, I'm settling my vehicle finance this week.
Does anyone get the double reward with no finance and only the cars listed in Nav?
No you won't

Tman*

Expert Member
Try find out if you can leave a small portion of the loan open to keep the benefit active for longer. Obviously also consider the interest you will pay VS benefits received

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Try find out if you can leave a small portion of the loan open to keep the benefit active for longer. Obviously also consider the interest you will pay VS benefits received

Vehicle finance isnt working like a bond ...

I had a chat with a pro at wesbank today...

You can leave it open, but you need to adjust your debit order for the remaining months.

Its somewhat complicated!