Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

TedLasso

Expert Member
So I missed level 5 on PC cos FNB says I didn't do 8 transactions via app.

I did 7 transfers (5 from current account / home loan and 2 on FNBY account )

I also did 4 Send money transactions in month of October.

Ebucks consultant tells me the rule is only from transactions on transactional account i.e cheque account count

Transfer from HL to cheque account doesn't count and neither does the FNBY transfers. I am willing to let the FNBY one slide as they are on my son's name even though I did them.

On the Ebucks website, it says do 8 transactions via the app, incl lotto, etc

I told her it doesn't say , 8 transactions only via transactional accounts, it says &8 transactions via app'.

I escalated. Also said if this is the case, they should specifically state that on their website. . Anybody else get this spiel before - am I wasting my time?
So they came back and said transactions count only applies to transactional accounts - they won't entertain it further.

Have better things to do with my life so be warned in case , you get affected in the future.

airborne

Honorary Master
So they came back and said transactions count only applies to transactional accounts - they won't entertain it further.

Have better things to do with my life so be warned in case , you get affected in the future.
That sucks balls, I always just do the full amount of transactions via inter-account transfers, then I know 100% they will count.

modern10

Expert Member
And it's happening
85edc5e5d0a21e3a8d6629e81a59d79f.jpg

3WA

Honorary Master
Hah. Don't care anymore - spent all my Ebucks on the things I wanted. Early Christmas presents from me to me (unless AppleTV goes on special discount)

Yeah, there’s not much on my shopping list that is carried in the eBucks store. Best I can hope for is discounted vouchers.

TedLasso

Expert Member
The Makro vouchers at 40% off were the absolute best. Basically all my eBucks used to go there
Even the days of a guaranteed Dischem voucher for R1k every month were okay.
Definitely those were the days, thinking about the fact that Ebucks funded so much in my life. Walking around the house:- the dishwasher, a CCTV TV , HDMI extenders, two sets of fitness devices over three years (Fitbits and then Garmins) bought either via Dis-chem or Makro at 40% discounts. And that's what I see right now.

oitar

Definitely those were the days, thinking about the fact that Ebucks funded so much in my life. Walking around the house:- the dishwasher, a CCTV TV , HDMI extenders, two sets of fitness devices over three years (Fitbits and then Garmins) bought either via Dis-chem or Makro at 40% discounts. And that's what I see right now.

I would've bought something for coach Beard.

Caldo

And it's happening
85edc5e5d0a21e3a8d6629e81a59d79f.jpg
They are being very silent about their plan...
Normally when retailers do that it is usually underwhelming.

It would be well received if they apply discount on all items according to ones level - just throwing it out to the universe!!!!

mr_norris

Expert Member
I am selling 139 883eb for 11.5c a pop. I have been in two minds on how to go about it, but I figured I'd post early in case there is someone here who is keen.

There are two options here:

* I sell them and go through the motions of calling the call center and transferring. I have seen some people reporting that it takes long to do the transfer. I am unsure.
* I buy what you'd like to buy via the ebucks store, which may be easier. I am on level 5.

If anyone is keen on either option, let me know.

I was initially hoarding and buying up ebucks to get a TV for 40% off, but then that LG C1 special hit, and my knees were weak :D

SiR_BP

I see the eBucks site has been updated with some new products.

Hisense TVs are back