Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

Den_10

3WA

Honorary Master
Thanks, saw these. Was hoping on Pros or 3rd gen as the specs are better and they’re sweat/water proof. Chances of Pros coming back?

Check midnight and first thing tomorrow morning for your best chances.

iStore have the 2021 Airpods Pro for R3.7k as well.

znh

Almost got one, but then they ask for a TV license number.
Mother-in-law is getting her new TV for christmas! Order placed, and since it is her TV I had to use her licence. With the digital migration going live these TV's will just be glorified monitors

Reactions: air

Caldo

Then why you say you should have waited?
When I purchased it on Tuesday, I paid using me ebucks card 36900 eb.

If I waited and got it from the ebucks shop, I would have paid just under 23000 eb.

Could have saved 14000 eb

eshwar

Buy eBucks at premium. Buy the thing you want. Return the previous item. Sell the eBucks at premium. You're whole again

Caldo

Too much admin, will consider it as school fees.
Time to build up the bucks again for next year

Sphinx21

When I purchased it on Tuesday, I paid using me ebucks card 36900 eb.

If I waited and got it from the ebucks shop, I would have paid just under 23000 eb.

Could have saved 14000 eb
The problem is the timing. You would have had to act in the 12 seconds that that item was available on sale.
I'm not sure why they take this approach. It is almost assuredly the best way to leave the greatest number of people disappointed.

I cannot see how having to check the ebucks store every hour for several days is a viable shopping experience. Release the stuff at a specified time and be done with it.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Did anyone actually see an item that was 60% off?
It wont explicitly say 60% off, but if you look at the saving before 40% off, some products probably did hit the 60% mark once you add saving + 40%.
I've bought a few items in the past that worked out to 60% or more off.
2 years ago, the mitre saw I bought was R1799 which was already 50% off, and then I got 40% off as well. So think it ended up being a total of 70% off.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
The problem is the timing. You would have had to act in the 12 seconds that that item was available on sale.
I'm not sure why they take this approach. It is almost assuredly the best way to leave the greatest number of people disappointed.

I cannot see how having to check the ebucks store every hour for several days is a viable shopping experience. Release the stuff at a specified time and be done with it.

Agreed. But no doubt the site will crash so I imagine that’s the thinking behind it. Midnight also means less traffic so no doubt that’s why Vodacom do it then. And Vodacom at midnight is the place to be next year btw.

But as an aside, the AirPods pro were available for many hours.

R4m80

No robotic vacuums this year? I guess everyone that want one, already got their's last year and the year before.

Speedster

Honorary Master
No robotic vacuums this year? I guess everyone that want one, already got their's last year and the year before.
You mean this one?