Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

FastaOne

They do, I have done that.

Sometimes they say I can't swipe my Clicks card and Scan to Pay, sometimes I can.
Just reading through the thread now and sorry if this was mentioned in a later comment (haven't read everything yet) - Download the Engen app, load your FNB card as payment on there. You can also load your clicks card. Then pay via the Engen app when you fill up. I have also loaded my card on the wife's app as I don't reach the cap on my own. I just need to know when she is filling up so I can approve the Smart in-contact message when she does fill up.

cozinsky

Expert Member
"Have an FNB Fixed Deposit Account and/or a Savings and Investment Account(s) with a term of longer than 7 days and maintain a minimum balance of R13 500 in the account."

Anyone know if this applies to the tax-free cash deposit account? It has a 30 day notice but you also get points for this just for depositing monthly/yearly, so I wonder if both will apply?
Definitely don't apply to both. Tax free deposit account is a separate account with separate points. There is no account that gives double points.

Jeffafa

Morning All,

Does anyone have a Kauai Voucher that they not using and that's expiring.

Ghost29

Does anyone know if it is possible to get FNB Connect before the 30 June deadline and only port a new number in August? I have a Vodacom contract expiring in August that I want to move across.

Hackson

With levels falling away for gold, does it mean we won't qualify for 40% discounts on the shop anymore?

I want to buy an iPhone and I can only afford the iPhone SE, only 64GB available right now with 40% on the store. Will a better version come along before July or should I just buy?

mogiletsiZA

Has anyone successfully added their virtual CC (VCC) to FNB Pay Tap and Pay function? - I have also been unsuccessful in adding the VCC to FitBit Pay (Partner Wallet) but Discovery VCC was added no problem.

Digital banking call centre said VCC only for online payments and not for FNB Pay but Ebucks rewards rules contradicts this with:

Do at least 2 FNB Pay transactions (Tap to Pay, Scan to Pay or Checkout) or Partner Wallet* transactions:

- Yes = 500pts
- Yes, with Virtual Card - 1000pts

Ebucks call centre also confused...

Any ideas?

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
Has anyone successfully added their virtual CC (VCC) to FNB Pay Tap and Pay function? - I have also been unsuccessful in adding the VCC to FitBit Pay (Partner Wallet) but Discovery VCC was added no problem.

Digital banking call centre said VCC only for online payments and not for FNB Pay but Ebucks rewards rules contradicts this with:

Do at least 2 FNB Pay transactions (Tap to Pay, Scan to Pay or Checkout) or Partner Wallet* transactions:

- Yes = 500pts

Any ideas?
Maybe only applicable from 1st July?

TofuMofu

Honorary Master

- Yes = 500pts

Any ideas?
Nope! I tried this and there is no option to link the virtual card to tap to pay...

Apparently scan to pay has it, but I don't use that...

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
With levels falling away for gold, does it mean we won't qualify for 40% discounts on the shop anymore?

I want to buy an iPhone and I can only afford the iPhone SE, only 64GB available right now with 40% on the store. Will a better version come along before July or should I just buy?

buy it now if you can

cos if you on gold and it looks like that reward of 40% off will be taken away

Sinbad

Honorary Master

- Yes = 500pts

Any ideas?
If you think about it, tap to pay is an EMV (ie, like a chip and pin) transaction on the card itself.
Scan to pay is an online transaction.

If VCC is aimed at online shopping then it makes sense that the VCC would be for scan to pay only. There's no benefit to using it to tap, and it's a different system as far as I know.
So if you want the points, scan-to-pay with the VCC.

mogiletsiZA

If you think about it, tap to pay is an EMV (ie, like a chip and pin) transaction on the card itself.
Scan to pay is an online transaction.

If VCC is aimed at online shopping then it makes sense that the VCC would be for scan to pay only. There's no benefit to using it to tap, and it's a different system as far as I know.
So if you want the points, scan-to-pay with the VCC.
Makes sense, thanks. Will do scan-to-pay with FNB Pay then, which is unfortunate as tap options seem to be more available (and easier)

What remains still is the question on "Partner Wallets" which in my case is the FitBit Pay option that features the tap-to-pay option - does not accept the card. Discovery VCC had no issues loading.

Hopefully it will be resolved by the time July comes around.

DKKR

Just used scan to pay with VCC. It shows that you’re paying from the VCC, so it works

airborne

Honorary Master
Nope! I tried this and there is no option to link the virtual card to tap to pay...

Apparently scan to pay has it, but I don't use that...
Just used scan to pay with VCC. It shows that you’re paying from the VCC, so it works
I also mistakenly added my VCC as the default scan to pay card when I first set it up.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Am I reading it correctly that the spousal pricing option, mean no other deposits ?
It pretty much stays at a constant R5.5k regardless of the type of card ?

GOLD : Have a minimum monthly deposit* of at least R5 500 into your FNB Fusion Gold Account, FNB Gold Cheque Account, FNB One Account or FNB Islamic Gold Cheque Account OR 1.2 Have a minimum monthly deposit* of at least R3 500 into your FNB Gold Graduate Account, FNB Encore Gold Account or if you are on the Spousal pricing option

PREMIER : Have a minimum monthly deposit* of at least R13 500 into your FNB Fusion Premier Account, FNB Premier Cheque Account, FNB Islamic Premier Cheque Account, FNB One Account or FNB Premier Select Account OR 1.2 Have a minimum monthly deposit* of at least R5 500 into your FNB Premier Young Professionals Account or if you are on the Spousal pricing option

PRIVATE CLIENTS : Have a minimum monthly deposit* of at least R32 500 into your FNB Fusion Private Clients Account, FNB Private Clients Cheque Account, FNB Islamic Private Clients Cheque Account, FNB One Account or FNB Single Facility Account. OR 1.2 Have a minimum monthly deposit* of at least R5 500 if you are on the Spousal pricing option.

PRIVATE WEALTH : Have a minimum monthly deposit* of at least R60 000 into an FNB Fusion Private Wealth Account, FNB Private Wealth Cheque Account, FNB Private Wealth Single Facility, FNB One Account or an FNB Islamic Private Wealth Cheque Account OR 1.2 Have a minimum monthly deposit* of at least R5 500 if you are on the Spousal pricing option

RMB PRIVATE BANK : Have a minimum monthly deposit* of at least R32 500 into an RMB Private Bank Fusion Account, RMB Private Bank Cheque Account, or an RMB Private Bank Single Facility OR 1.2 Have a minimum monthly deposit* of at least R5 500 if you are on the Spousal pricing option

Sinbad

Honorary Master
What do you mean no other deposits?

Yes if your spouse gets R5.5k into their account, they can have the same account tier as you.