Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

Dolby

Honorary Master
What do you mean no other deposits?

Yes if your spouse gets R5.5k into their account, they can have the same account tier as you.

It says 'or' ... so R13.5k or the minimum deposit of R5.5k if on the spousal plan.

PREMIER : Have a minimum monthly deposit* of at least R13 500 into your FNB Fusion Premier Account, FNB Premier Cheque Account, FNB Islamic Premier Cheque Account, FNB One Account or FNB Premier Select Account

OR 1.2 Have a minimum monthly deposit* of at least R5 500 into your FNB Premier Young Professionals Account or if you are on the Spousal pricing option

Does one of us still need the R13.5k?

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
It says 'or' ... so R13.5k or the minimum deposit of R5.5k if on the spousal plan.

PREMIER : Have a minimum monthly deposit* of at least R13 500 into your FNB Fusion Premier Account, FNB Premier Cheque Account, FNB Islamic Premier Cheque Account, FNB One Account or FNB Premier Select Account

OR 1.2 Have a minimum monthly deposit* of at least R5 500 into your FNB Premier Young Professionals Account or if you are on the Spousal pricing option

I would assume one of you need R13.5k for Premier and the other one anything above R5.5k is good if they're the spouse

Dolby

Honorary Master
Ah - ok, that makes sense .

The 'or' threw me off as I thought it may nullify the first condition :)

Sinbad

Honorary Master

You need R13500 into your account, unless you are on a spouse account in which case you need R5500.

One of you needs to earn the full whack.

xinath

Nope! I tried this and there is no option to link the virtual card to tap to pay...

Apparently scan to pay has it, but I don't use that...
how does one use the tap to pay function? All along I thought scan to pay was the same:(

superfv

how does one use the tap to pay function? All along I thought scan to pay was the same:(
You use your cellphone to tap instead of your card.
Your phone however need to support NFC (near field communications) for it to work.

xinath

You use your cellphone to tap instead of your card.
Your phone however need to support NFC (near field communications) for it to work.
Would I find this under my phone settings? Sorry I'm a bit daft in these matters

SueC

I’m looking at getting FNB connect to push my trust up a level. I have a long-standing Mtn iphone contract where I get a new phone every 2 years expiring next month. The FNB connect options don’t seem anywhere close value wise (I’d have to keep my current phone and just get data on FNB connect by the look of it)
Any tips from folk who subscribe please?
TIA

Tman*

Expert Member
I’m looking at getting FNB connect to push my trust up a level. I have a long-standing Mtn iphone contract where I get a new phone every 2 years expiring next month. The FNB connect options don’t seem anywhere close value wise (I’d have to keep my current phone and just get data on FNB connect by the look of it)
TIA
Get a prepaid sim and test the data & voice signal at your place of work and home before committing.

SueC

Just remember it will also be switching to mtn soon from cellc

And value wise? It seems Mtn contracts give better data and include the handset... or do you find it better to buy the handset and just pay for data? And can I port my number?

McGuywer

Executive Member
TIA
Can you explain this bit?
I do not think having a FNB connect sim makes any changes to your "score" with FNB.

SueC

Can you explain this bit?
I do not think having a FNB connect sim makes any changes to your "score" with FNB.

IMG_1035.png
In the last column of how to move up it says get a FNB connect sim. This is for my gold business card. I don’t know how the FNB connect works but levelling up would be great!

acp

Just remember it will also be switching to mtn soon from cellc
It's in the hope that they'll be switching to MTN that I ordered a SIM. Any idea when this will happen? News articles from a few months ago state "in/over the next 3 years"... As long as they're on Cell C's network it's a 2nd SIM only for me.