Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
It's in the hope that they'll be switching to MTN that I ordered a SIM. Any idea when this will happen? News articles from a few months ago state "in/over the next 3 years"... As long as they're on Cell C's network it's a 2nd SIM only for me.
Some provinces are being done this year. Think GP and WC is being done atm

Reactions: acp

Sinbad

Honorary Master
So this will be my last month... as soon as this allocation is in, I'll probably be selling all my ebucks (I guess in the region of 130000)...

It's been epic.

Moe_G10

Was hoping for the new allocation today. I'll be heading past a kauai today, can anyone spare a voucher they won't be using before the new allocation comes in? Will appreciate it, thanks.

superfv

I've upgraded to a fusion premier account last week. My wife still has her own separate gold fusion account (non-spousal). I'm considering upgrading her to premier using the spousal option.

1) Can one do the upgrade on the app (if so how) or do one have to go into the bank or call them?

2) Just to confirm, my understanding is that spousal account is a separate account / with it's own cards, and;

3) She will still have to meet her own ebucks levelling requires and she will still earn ebucks separately from my account?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I've upgraded to a fusion premier account last week. My wife still has her own separate gold fusion account (non-spousal). I'm considering upgrading her to premier using the spousal option.

1) Can one do the upgrade on the app (if so how) or do one have to go into the bank or call them?

2) Just to confirm, my understanding is that spousal account is a separate account / with it's own cards, and;

3) She will still have to meet her own ebucks levelling requires and she will still earn ebucks separately from my account?
1 not sure
2 yes
3 yes

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Re: FNB Connect sims, is it easy to get a new sim or sign up again if one signed up previously but then misplaced the sim card?

I'm on FNB PW and wanting to take advantage of the up to 2GB free per month offering.

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Re: FNB Connect sims, is it easy to get a new sim or sign up again if one signed up previously but then misplaced the sim card?

I'm on FNB PW and wanting to take advantage of the up to 2GB free per month offering.

It is easy to get, just make sure you "kill" it first. My old sim died because I did not recharge it since I was only using it for the free data. Once it died I just ordered a new one. FYI, if you order from the 1st July and onwards you will only get free data for 3 months not forever based on your ebucks level.

xinath

Spousal pricing question: I recently added my spouse under my family and he received an sms to say he has been reverted to the spouse. Is there any cons to this?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Spousal pricing question: I recently added my spouse under my family and he received an sms to say he has been reverted to the spouse. Is there any cons to this?
Yes she going to steal your money lol.

No cons

• Haha
Reactions: 3WA

Newb-ucks

Where/how do you add people to 'my family'?

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
It is easy to get, just make sure you "kill" it first. My old sim died because I did not recharge it since I was only using it for the free data. Once it died I just ordered a new one. FYI, if you order from the 1st July and onwards you will only get free data for 3 months not forever based on your ebucks level.
By "died" you mean it was de-provisioned from the network?

I dont know where mine is, maybe in a bag somewhere unused for two years, so I assume it died too.

So if I order and get it during June to keep the monthly free airtime/data going I need to buy extra Airtime every month perhaps?

Zimstyles

With regards to the moving to FNB Connect and MTN, does anyone know if you can continue to use esim. I am torn between the move and losing my esim functionality.

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
By "died" you mean it was de-provisioned from the network?

I dont know where mine is, maybe in a bag somewhere unused for two years, so I assume it died too.

So if I order and get it during June to keep the monthly free airtime/data going I need to buy extra Airtime every month perhaps?
Yeah de-provisioned.

In essence we now need to keep our sim registered by spending a small amount on it as any new sims registered after 1st July will not get the free data every month. Only the first 3 months after registration of the new sim.

So send an sms or make a call once a month that counts as spend. Not to be confused with the free minutes, smses or data.

S3XY

Just reading through the thread now and sorry if this was mentioned in a later comment (haven't read everything yet) - Download the Engen app, load your FNB card as payment on there. You can also load your clicks card. Then pay via the Engen app when you fill up. I have also loaded my card on the wife's app as I don't reach the cap on my own. I just need to know when she is filling up so I can approve the Smart in-contact message when she does fill up.
Have you been able to confirm that you get both the Clicks points and eBucks for this method?