Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

mr_norris

Expert Member
Is there perhaps an e-mail addy for the ebucks peeps to query?
I don't have an email address, but you could try go here and then pick your preferred method of contacting them. I can't really explain what went wrong with you - sounds like a mistake on their part.

znh

So this will be my last month... as soon as this allocation is in, I'll probably be selling all my ebucks (I guess in the region of 130000)...

It's been epic.
I am also very close to giving up. Reading this whole thread is exhausting enough.
I have moved certain things to my capitec account to keep within the rules (Fuel at other garages and withdrawals).
I am very tempted to just close my accounts and simplify my life. The R600 ebucks(-fees and interest lost due to money parked in savings pocket) was borderline worthwhile when I got some nice -40% deals.

I Simplified my Discovery vitality too, they can keep their R16 of discovey miles and blue Diamond status.

It has been swell but the swelling has gone down.

I am going to upgrade my gold to premier, I will give it 2-3 months before pulling the plug. Capitec will just gain my R20-30K in Credit Card spend a month.

Steady

I didn't drop a level between those dates, in fact logically speaking..... once you have the allocation, why would one move backwards?
How then does that explain my 300 smart spend for 01 June when I am on level 5 for May?

I can understand moving from 300 to 600, but definetly not the other way around as you move up levels....how do you start on a higher level and move down? Once you get points for something how do you then lose it?

Your argument is wrong here. I dont say it explains the 300/600 story.
One move up/down levels.
You get a tier allocation each ebucks allocation, this can jump from 1 to 5 one month, and then back down to 1 the next month, all depends on your behaviour the preceding month.
There is simply not something like "moving up levels".

DKKR

I didn't drop a level between those dates, in fact logically speaking..... once you have the allocation, why would one move backwards?
How then does that explain my 300 smart spend for 01 June when I am on level 5 for May?

I can understand moving from 300 to 600, but definetly not the other way around as you move up levels....how do you start on a higher level and move down? Once you get points for something how do you then lose it?

I think you moved from level 5 to 4 around 10 may when they did the update. So for 24 may and 1 june, u were on level 4 when u earned smart spend. And now u moved back to level 5 today

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I am also very close to giving up. Reading this whole thread is exhausting enough.
I have moved certain things to my capitec account to keep within the rules (Fuel at other garages and withdrawals).
I am very tempted to just close my accounts and simplify my life. The R600 ebucks(-fees and interest lost due to money parked in savings pocket) was borderline worthwhile when I got some nice -40% deals.

I Simplified my Discovery vitality too, they can keep their R16 of discovey miles and blue Diamond status.

It has been swell but the swelling has gone down.

I am going to upgrade my gold to premier, I will give it 2-3 months before pulling the plug. Capitec will just gain my R20-30K in Credit Card spend a month.
I'm not giving up... I've emigrated and am shutting my accounts down

rach4urdreams

In terms of qualifying for Ebucks on Premier... If I deposit R13 500 each month, and then send R10 000 back to my other account (just an example) - will I still qualify for Ebucks with a Premier Account?

(Probably saying goodbye to my trusty aspire / gold account - RIP)

Sinbad

Honorary Master
In terms of qualifying for Ebucks on Premier... If I deposit R13 500 each month, and then send R10 000 back to my other account (just an example) - will I still qualify for Ebucks with a Premier Account?

(Probably saying goodbye to my trusty aspire / gold account - RIP)
It can't be transfers, otherwise as long as you have the 13500 going into your account not as an interaccount transfer, it's fine.

Toitjie

Expert Member
It can't be transfers, otherwise as long as you have the 13500 going into your account not as an interaccount transfer, it's fine.
How was the hotel? You sending the wife and kids alone?
PS. which county are you in?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
How was the hotel? You sending the wife and kids alone?
PS. which county are you in?
My hotel was crap.
My wife is in one now and it seems a lot better than mine was. In Surrey right now, hoping to buy in Hampshire soon

Toitjie

Expert Member
My hotel was crap.
My wife is in one now and it seems a lot better than mine was. In Surrey right now, hoping to buy in Hampshire soon
Haven't been to Hampshire, but Surrey is great. Heading to Kent soon.

shadow_man

Executive Member
Any 40% goodness to be had? I see both the iPhone SE and 12 mini are no longer 40% off... :(

stevenv

Expert Member
When does the FNB Connect minutes/data allocation happen every month? Just got a prepaid SIM delivered today and wondering when it gets loaded.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
When does the FNB Connect minutes/data allocation happen every month? Just got a prepaid SIM delivered today and wondering when it gets loaded.
Just ordered mine, how long did they take to deliver? Delivery seems to be free?

ele33

Expert Member
so here is the thing.....allocations came in today for May and I am sitting on level 5. On 03 May the smart spend allocation was 600 and the 24 May it dropped down to 300. How is this possible?
01 June smart spend is 300.
Did you have any refunds

xinath

I think you moved from level 5 to 4 around 10 may when they did the update. So for 24 may and 1 june, u were on level 4 when u earned smart spend. And now u moved back to level 5 today
Okay that kinda makes sense....

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
please help with smart spend query....is this done based on the level you are currently or at the end of the month once your full allocations are in?
I see smart spend allocations on the gold at the beginning of the month at 600 then at the end of that month it drops down to 300?? Picked up the same pattern for at least 4 months....surely if anything is should be the other way around?
Is there an e-mail addy to contact ebucks?
Can you post a screenshot? This all sounds very confusing, what does it mean when you say it "drops" down to 300?