Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

xinath

Another query for the experts....kai vouchers I know you have to use 100% of your month spend on your CC. Question - so paying for petrol on your cheque card voids this?
How does one go around this....I know if I pay for petrol on CC you pay interest.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Another query for the experts....kai vouchers I know you have to use 100% of your month spend on your CC. Question - so paying for petrol on your cheque card voids this?
How does one go around this....I know if I pay for petrol on CC you pay interest.
You don't pay interest on petrol, you should also not have a cheque card, only fusion and cc

citizensa

Expert Member
so here is the thing.....allocations came in today for May and I am sitting on level 5. On 03 May the smart spend allocation was 600 and the 24 May it dropped down to 300. How is this possible?
01 June smart spend is 300.

Here is my guess, which happened in my case , if you spend too much to cover 2 spend bands during a smart spend update they allocate them as a single allocation so check your spend for the said period.

ARI 01

Hi there all

A quick question
If you upgrade Gold to Premier
Does eBucks change automatically, or do you need to manually update ?
Under my track rewards still got Gold

Thanks
Ari

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Hi there all

A quick question
If you upgrade Gold to Premier
Does eBucks change automatically, or do you need to manually update ?
Under my track rewards still got Gold

Thanks
Ari
Should show next month, but you need to do premier rules, and keep track manually

sparke

Screenshot_20210609-232939.png hmmmm

As a side note, i see scheduled airtime and electricity and aurtime is only on the website? Is this correct an do they not count towards the needed transaction as it needs to be on the app?

Last edited:

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Indeed, only if you use your Petro card do you pay interest from day 1 on fuel spend.
Nope. PetroCard also doesn't incur interest charges from day 1. Although I just noticed now, even though I used my PetroCard two months ago it didn't reflect as fuel for that month... weird!

1623275842213.png

1623276104193.png

KungfuKenny

Same here. Have R300 non-Engen spend for some reason. Checked my account statement and its not picking up spend the R300 which clearly reflects as Engen on statement.
I also noticed this. Only 1 of my Engen swipes picked up as Engen. Also logged a query as this might cause me to miss out on double fuel rewards for this last quarter.

sparke

Interesting food for thought, to get the R600 Ebuck you need to spend R12000 between the 4 partners. Aspire accounts are meant to be for those between 120 and 240, so to get R6000 you need to spend your total gross salary at those 4 places, which likely means you qualify for premier anyway. If youband spouse wants R600 each thats R6000 per partner. Then another thought, intercape is around 750 between ct and joburg which is around what a ebuck discounted flight is, whobwould at the same expense take the bus over flight or travel often enough to maximize the expense but still be at gold. I think this has been a super clever way to get me to double my account fees....if i qualify for premier, will see what the bank says

Supercarfan

Nope. PetroCard also doesn't incur interest charges from day 1. Although I just noticed now, even though I used my PetroCard two months ago it didn't reflect as fuel for that month... weird!
Bank error in your favour i guess… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attachments

• 27DDC245-8A10-427F-A3EF-6ECADCC36E3E.jpeg
    27DDC245-8A10-427F-A3EF-6ECADCC36E3E.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 82

xinath

Here is my guess, which happened in my case , if you spend too much to cover 2 spend bands during a smart spend update they allocate them as a single allocation so check your spend for the said period.
what did you do in your case?

citizensa

Expert Member
what did you do in your case?

I have to do nothing as my spend was allocated correctly. What I am saying is if your spend covers 2 bands in the short duration before ebucks updates smart spend then they may combine both ie 300+300 for 2 spend bands and you will see 600 only but it’s for both combined

xinath

Bank error in your favour i guess… ¯\_(ツ)_/

Bank error in your favour i guess… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I tried using my CC for fuel once and I did get charged interest....called to inquire and they told me that fuel incurs interest, it is under their T&C's as SupercarFan has stated.
To answer your question about not getting ebucks on PetroCard:
When reading up they specifically say that you do not earn e-bucks when using a PetroCard.....
So my question is how does one workaround the 100% credit card spend if I need to buy fuel and dont want to pay interest...would it be just simply using a fusion cheque card?
Interestingly there was a dispute about the interest brought up by FNB clients when CC's were allowed at Petrol Stations, but this was in 2012:

Sayf777

Expert Member
Has anyone else's next due date for Cc payment not updated since last month?

dielaksman

I also noticed this. Only 1 of my Engen swipes picked up as Engen. Also logged a query as this might cause me to miss out on double fuel rewards for this last quarter.
Same with me. Picked up 2 R300 Engen petrol swipes as non-Engen fuel spend. Also logged a query, they told me it seems to be a problem and they will get back to me. Looks like the R300 is the common denominator.

Newb-ucks

Does having an iCloud subscription count as an online platform (I know the rules mention iTunes)?