Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

Sayf777

Expert Member
My cc auto payment suddenly says minimum amount when it always have been full amount, something weird going on at FNB.
Mines always showed minimum amount (even with full amount set), it's just not updated in terms of dare and it's already past the next 55 days period

Filosofer

I tried using my CC for fuel once and I did get charged interest....called to inquire and they told me that fuel incurs interest, it is under their T&C's as SupercarFan has stated.
To answer your question about not getting ebucks on PetroCard:
When reading up they specifically say that you do not earn e-bucks when using a PetroCard.....
So my question is how does one workaround the 100% credit card spend if I need to buy fuel and dont want to pay interest...would it be just simply using a fusion cheque card?
Interestingly there was a dispute about the interest brought up by FNB clients when CC's were allowed at Petrol Stations, but this was in 2012:
You do not pay interest using your CC at engen. I've been using my CC at engen for a few years now and I haven't paid any interest.

Tjoker

Expert Member
Not sure what is CCT, but coct you can pay at checkers to get 15% back
City of Cape Town account, Rates, taxes....those things we despizzzzzzzzze paying!
Does prepaid electricity buying @ Checkers also give eBucks back?

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Bank error in your favour i guess… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've never ever noticed that I've paid interest charges on anything PetroCard related so the bank error (if so) is in my favour almost every month.

edit: The difference might be stand alone Petro Cards vs linked Petro Cards. Mine is linked to my credit card.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3WA

airborne

Honorary Master
Have you done the upgrade yourself?
No new credit vetting on either the CC limit or overdraft limit?

Has anyone else done the upgrade from gold to premier and can you remember if they redo your credit vetting?
Anyone with info on the above that has done the change recently from Gold to Premier?

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
I tried using my CC for fuel once and I did get charged interest....called to inquire and they told me that fuel incurs interest, it is under their T&C's as SupercarFan has stated.
To answer your question about not getting ebucks on PetroCard:
When reading up they specifically say that you do not earn e-bucks when using a PetroCard.....
So my question is how does one workaround the 100% credit card spend if I need to buy fuel and dont want to pay interest...would it be just simply using a fusion cheque card?
Interestingly there was a dispute about the interest brought up by FNB clients when CC's were allowed at Petrol Stations, but this was in 2012:
The difference might be stand alone Petro Cards vs linked Petro Cards. Is yours linked to your credit card or is a standalone Petro Card? Mine have always been linked to credit cards.

1623320415511.png

I always seem to earn eBucks no matter whether I use my credit card or petro card. Of late I have become complacent and am not always double checking so I speak under correction for recent months.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
@xinath That looks bizarre, but to confirm you were on level 5 for all those months for the screenshot you posted, or were you dropping down to level 4 some months? You didn't earn smart spend eBucks at all for certain months?

Supercarfan

I've never ever noticed that I've paid interest charges on anything PetroCard related so the bank error (if so) is in my favour almost every month.

edit: The difference might be stand alone Petro Cards vs linked Petro Cards. Mine is linked to my credit card.
The terms I found were straight from my latest PC credit card agreement from April. I only have the Petro card for the AA benefit, and there isn’t any advantage using it over my CC, so can’t speak from any experience with regards to actually being charged interest.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
The terms I found were straight from my latest PC credit card agreement from April. I only have the Petro card for the AA benefit, and there isn’t any advantage using it over my CC, so can’t speak from any experience with regards to actually being charged interest.

Do you have the double up? As in a wesbank loan?