Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
The answer to your question: It depends....
You didnt answer what account type you on and what your clicks monthly 15% cap is.
Gold level 5..cap is R1500 on clicks.. That's why I didn't spend more than R1500.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Triple Clicks are in! So are insurance! Whoop whoop!

@StormerFan, remember the 20% or R2000 capped rule! Clicks spending works the same as Checkers!

Think you get confused with the descriptions! The values looks right

You got 15% back as the total clicks shopping (including vc) right? So for 30% extra on vcc looks right

My example: spend R2100 online!

I got 3000 eB x 3

Last edited:

Supercarfan

Think they messed up my Clicks earn… R2000 of my Clicks spend only cleared on the 1st, so didn’t earn the regular 15%, yet I got the 30% extra earn for that spend.

Now question is, what if I spend my cap this month again? Hopefully it means I only lost out on the original 15% of R2000 and not a full 45% like I thought would be the case.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Think they messed up my Clicks earn… R2000 of my Clicks spend only cleared on the 1st, so didn’t earn the regular 15%, yet I got the 30% extra earn for that spend.

Now question is, what if I spend my cap this month again? Hopefully it means I only lost out on the original 15% of R2000 and not a full 45% like I thought would be the case.

Your 1st allocation is wrong. Email them

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I did log a query, was called back and they advised that as the transaction only cleared on the 1st that it would only be counted in this month.

Another client, same story. It doesnt make any sense that you will get 2nd and 3rd allocations but not the first one.

I would reply then, please explain the extra allocations.

It make no sense you got a 2nd and 3rd allocation, and not the first. It all relates to the bulk payment when eB was allocated.

Its either yes it cleared, or no, nothing. You cant be half pregnant...

Last edited:

Sayf777

Expert Member
I did log a query, was called back and they advised that as the transaction only cleared on the 1st that it would only be counted in this month.
What is your second and third allocation named? Mine has the date range in the allocation name.

KungfuKenny

The people who had their Engen swipes incorrectly captured as non-Engen, have you managed to get it fixed yet? I logged a query, was called and told that they are aware of the problem and that they are working on sorting it out. I then get an SMS on Thursday stating that a re-run of the fuel allocation will be done on Friday, but mine still shows as non-Engen spend.

riddler

Yeah interesting, I'm in the exact same position! Didn't get initial 15% and when I queried they also said transaction cleared on 1 June and I will receive the 45% in July. But now I've received the extra 30% earn. I've also no idea what my remaining cap for this month would be now?

Did anybody go over their spend cap last month and if so what happened on your extra 30% earn?

riddler

What is your second and third allocation named? Mine has the date range in the allocation name.
Mine also has 24-31May in the name, but according to the consultant my transaction only cleared on 1 June

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Yeah interesting, I'm in the exact same position! Didn't get initial 15% and when I queried they also said transaction cleared on 1 June and I will receive the 45% in July. But now I've received the extra 30% earn. I've also no idea what my remaining cap for this month would be now?

Did anybody go over their spend cap last month and if so what happened on your extra 30% earn?

I spend R2100. It cleared 24 hours before the 31st, but was pending for 8 days. I got 45% (as in total). I have said it so many times... “plan your spending”

ele33

Expert Member
I spend R2100. It cleared 24 hours before the 31st, but was pending for 8 days. I got 45% (as in total). I have said it so many times... “plan your spending”
This was only announced on the 24 / 25 May, difficult to plan for

Supercarfan

Another client, same story. It doesnt make any sense that you will get 2nd and 3rd allocations but not the first one.

I would reply then, please explain the extra allocations.

It make no sense you got a 2nd and 3rd allocation, and not the first. It all relates to the bulk payment when eB was allocated.

Its either yes it cleared, or no, nothing. You cant be half pregnant...
Well it does sound like the 2nd and 3rd allocations were obviously a mistake, given that the transaction did legitimately only clear in the new month. So if I do query it, what’s to stop them revoking these allocations? :-/

Supercarfan

Mine also has 24-31May in the name, but according to the consultant my transaction only cleared on 1 June
Same here, also 24-31May. Made the purchase on the 28th, but consultant said the same thing.

Sooo, who’s gonna query this again?

citizensa

Same here, also 24-31May. Made the purchase on the 28th, but consultant said the same thing.

Sooo, who’s gonna query this again?

I think promotion runs with a different criteria ie. date of purchase unlike normal eBucks criteria of clearance date hence you got allocation for clicks promo but not regular ebucks for clicks usage. It also means you will still qualify for promo for this month but you have already used some of the usage caps for clicks this month.