Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

Supercarfan

I think promotion runs with a different criteria ie. date of purchase unlike normal eBucks criteria of clearance date hence you got allocation for clicks promo but not regular ebucks for clicks usage. It also means you will still qualify for promo for this month but you have already used some of the usage caps for clicks this month.
Agreed, that’s the assumption that I’m going to go on.

It’s rather silly that the regular allocation works based on clearing date in the first place. It’s not like they allocate ebucks on the 1st of the month anyways. So given that everything should have cleared by the 8th or 9th when they do their calcs, then surely they can use the transaction date? And if they really do miss a transaction, nothing stops them from fixing it in ‘correction run’ later in the month.

Plus, the customer has absolutely no control over the clearing date, nor can you even see the clearing date for a transaction once it’s cleared. Some transactions clear immediately, some take a week. I can’t imagine the bank uses clearing date for the calculation of interest, or do they?

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
I spend R2100. It cleared 24 hours before the 31st, but was pending for 8 days. I got 45% (as in total). I have said it so many times... “plan your spending”
Will do my purchase for clicks on the 21st June just to make sure it clears by the end of the montj to avoid any confusion lol.. Surely it won't take ten days to clear?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Will do my purchase for clicks on the 21st June just to make sure it clears by the end of the montj to avoid any confusion lol.. Surely it won't take ten days to clear?
I have seen purchases hang for much longer, seen a local shop that the swipe was pending for 14 days.

eddybsb4u

The people who had their Engen swipes incorrectly captured as non-Engen, have you managed to get it fixed yet? I logged a query, was called and told that they are aware of the problem and that they are working on sorting it out. I then get an SMS on Thursday stating that a re-run of the fuel allocation will be done on Friday, but mine still shows as non-Engen spend.

I have the same issue too. I logged a query and I received a call and they told me they are aware of the issue and they are trying to resolve it. I never got the sms you got and to this day it’s not yet solved.

stevenv

Expert Member
It is easy to get, just make sure you "kill" it first. My old sim died because I did not recharge it since I was only using it for the free data. Once it died I just ordered a new one. FYI, if you order from the 1st July and onwards you will only get free data for 3 months not forever based on your ebucks level.

I also thought this so ordered and activated my SIM this past week. Then I noticed this in the rules, at least for premier. My reading of it sounds like you get (1) a welcome once-off allocation, (2) two months of the same allocation and then (3) the same monthly allocation if SIM active and you qualify for eBucks. The "thereafter" part makes it sounds like it continues after the first three months.

1623582237061.png

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
Anyone on premier, on the bundle option.. Are your debit orders part of your monthly fee or is it seperate..saw something on premier charges saying that it's R11 per debit order.. Pls clarify :)

stevenv

Expert Member
It's nothing exciting. If you click on that it just gives you a breakdown of all the benefits (15% back at some partners, wimpy and kuaui voucher, FNB connect stuff)

"3x monthly account fee in value" is R687. Was wondering if they're going to be imposing an earn cap at that amount. However, doesn't make any sense with all the partner limits which are way more than that, especially on the higher levels. Just find it puzzling that they mention this as the very first line for the new rules. Unless this refers to all the "freebies" and not the spend-based earn.