Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

mr_norris

Expert Member
It baffles my mind on how you could have been on Gold whereas you are supposed to be on PW. Or are you just a humble person? I am very close to R1.5m annual income for the PW and has never received a notification to upgrade to PW.
I am not OP, but I thought I'd comment here. The FNB wallies have been trying to get me on Private for yonks now. They did it when I was trying to go from Gold to Gold Fusion. I threw my toys out the cot (gracefully) and they sent me back down to Gold.

I earn less than you, and get spammed with upgrade BS when I log in. I have just found it easier to get ebucks on Gold vs anything else. The new rules change things, so my ebucks earnings will be more or less the same on Premier as it was on Gold. I also refuse to give FNB more than they deserve. So it's not quite about being humble, although...

VBot

Can anybody assist, please?

When I try to use scan to pay it says "you have no eligible cards". However, I haven't changed any cards/done anything differently recently. I used scan to pay without any problems the past few months.

Ta,

Belix

Can anybody assist, please?

When I try to use scan to pay it says "you have no eligible cards". However, I haven't changed any cards/done anything differently recently. I used scan to pay without any problems the past few months.

Ta,

My CC was missing earlier, only showed VCC

zerocool2009

Executive Member
There's no point. You're wrong.
Somebody earning R800k a year has different needs in terms of financial services to someone earning R3m a year.
You point is like saying that Easy and Aspire will be merged. They won't because it makes no sense.

You have zero clue what is going behind the scene’s on!

Did you notice recently that guys can upgrade from premier to pc or pw (without any docs to proof).

There’s a big reason for that!

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
You have zero clue what is going behind the scene’s on!

Did you notice recently that guys can upgrade from premier to pc or pw (without any docs to proof).

There’s a big reason for that!
Care to elaborate? All they really want is our monthly account fee I suppose and the higher we go the more we pay and the more likely it is that we won't maintain level 5 on eBucks...

dcv

Might be silly question, but are you able to setup a Virtual Card for online/streaming recurring payments even though the CVV changes constantly ?

ARI 01

I am not OP, but I thought I'd comment here. The FNB wallies have been trying to get me on Private for yonks now. They did it when I was trying to go from Gold to Gold Fusion. I threw my toys out the cot (gracefully) and they sent me back down to Gold.

I earn less than you, and get spammed with upgrade BS when I log in. I have just found it easier to get ebucks on Gold vs anything else. The new rules change things, so my ebucks earnings will be more or less the same on Premier as it was on Gold. I also refuse to give FNB more than they deserve. So it's not quite about being humble, although...

Yeah true this

I also stayyed on Gold because it worked for me and was working well with my eBucks

So yeah I wouldn't want to upgrade just to flash my card but paying higher fee's for no reason

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Care to elaborate? All they really want is our monthly account fee I suppose and the higher we go the more we pay and the more likely it is that we won't maintain level 5 on eBucks...

For now you need to weigh the pro's and con's ! One of the biggest reasons I didn't yet upgraded is structured facilities (on PC and PW). You have the same functionality on premier for 60% less at cost !

e4et

Expert Member
My CC was missing earlier, only showed VCC
Same here. Filled up on fuel this morning and only had the VCC available. Sat there tapping like an idiot and the machine spat out an error that the card wasn't eligible or sumn. Lucky i had my card on me.

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
For now you need to weigh the pro's and con's ! One of the biggest reasons I didn't yet upgraded is structured facilities (on PC and PW). You have the same functionality on premier for 60% less at cost !
What are structured facilities?

Filosofer

If I add my wife as a spouse on the app, would that put her on the spousal pricing?

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Don't confuse us plebs plz

On premier and lower you get a bond, which is a flexi

On PC and PW, if you upgrade, you get the same thing, with a red bow, a nice name, and its pricier. A structured facility is something you can use, regear when needed and buy multiple properties with the same bond.

So in short, a flexi bond is a structured facility

Dylan_G

Expert Member
On premier and lower you get a bond, which is a flexi

On PC and PW, if you upgrade, you get the same thing, with a red bow, a nice name, and its pricier. A structured facility is something you can use, regear when needed and buy multiple properties with the same bond.

So in short, a flexi bond is a structured facility
But don't you get a preferential interest rate on PC/PW that you wouldn't get on Premier?

zerocool2009

Executive Member
But don't you get a preferential interest rate on PC/PW that you wouldn't get on Premier?

You get 0.25% off extra. If someone is on prime less 2%, upgrading mean he will lose that rate, and he need to apply again for the new package. As he cant take that with.

I have bonds at prime less 2%, and very happy.

shiverz

Expert Member
So do I need to call fnb to tell them we want to be on the spousal pricing option?
Yeah we went in and did the move to fusion and spousal pricing at that time. Then the consultant asked who was going to be on the lower pricing and added it to the wife's profile.